Home

Fast players getting caught/not breaking away

This is a discussion on Fast players getting caught/not breaking away within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2018, 10:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fast players getting caught/not breaking away

Hey guys, I haven’t played Madden in a few years after probably playing since the game first came out. So I just decided to ask for it from my Secret Santa and I’ve been playing for a week. It’s def challenging getting back into it. I’m playing offline CFM style and I’ve experimented with a few different slider adjustments.

One of my biggest pet peeves so far is guys catching the ball in stride or running backs hitting a big hole and just being caught with ease. I’m hitting the turbo button and nobody can seem to break away. I know it shouldn’t happen every play, but when I catch a ball perfectly in stride with a few steps over the defense with Julio Jones it should be a TD 99% of the time and it seems like I’m caught about 90% of the time instead.

Is there any kind of fix for this? I’ve been trying to read about the speed threshold, but it seems as long as it’s 50 or lower it shouldn’t change anything. Help please because this makes the game a lot ****tier than it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Fast players getting caught/not breaking away

I use speed threshold at 75 and have no issues being caught from behind, especially if JJ Nelson or my drafted WR with 96 speed catch it in stride.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:38 AM   #3
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Yes but you shouldn't need a player with 96 speed to not get caught. I've had opposing players take it to the house that aren't even a 90.

Threshold is at 50 , fatique is at 50. Which way do you go to make fatique less frequent? Up or down?

Last edited by Rayzaa; 01-01-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:40 AM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Yes but you shouldn't need a player with 96 speed to not get caught. I've had opposing players take it to the house that aren't even a 90.

Threshold is at 50 , fatique is at 50. Which way do you go to make fatique less frequent? Up or down?
Those were just examples of players that never get caught, I can run an out pattern and if there is no safety help, I'm gone.. I've run TD's with lesser speed players as well. The CPU has had TD's with TE's in the 80's as well.

I think it's perfect on 75 in relation to what I see in the real NFL. Angles are huge on the outcome as well.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumodeads
Hey guys, I haven’t played Madden in a few years after probably playing since the game first came out. So I just decided to ask for it from my Secret Santa and I’ve been playing for a week. It’s def challenging getting back into it. I’m playing offline CFM style and I’ve experimented with a few different slider adjustments.

One of my biggest pet peeves so far is guys catching the ball in stride or running backs hitting a big hole and just being caught with ease. I’m hitting the turbo button and nobody can seem to break away. I know it shouldn’t happen every play, but when I catch a ball perfectly in stride with a few steps over the defense with Julio Jones it should be a TD 99% of the time and it seems like I’m caught about 90% of the time instead.

Is there any kind of fix for this? I’ve been trying to read about the speed threshold, but it seems as long as it’s 50 or lower it shouldn’t change anything. Help please because this makes the game a lot ****tier than it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
OOTB, this issue was very frustrating, as a perfectly led wide receiver would often get suction-tackled from behind. However, since all tuners and patches have installed to my system, I am no longer seeing this at all. I have my speed threshold at 50. Might be a good idea to make sure you have all updates necessary. Sorry can't give you any other explanation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 01:01 PM   #6
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

I play with the speed threshold at the default value on all madden and have not problem breaking away if I find open space. That's after the recent patches, before that there was an issue where your player would always gas out and get caught form behind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »