Home

Immersion in franchise?

This is a discussion on Immersion in franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #17
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Immersion in franchise?

I've always wanted more stat popups but since I tend to skip to a play call, I've missed many of them. I actually avoided hitting the button to get to a play call last game and saw quite a bit of stat popups.

The more I think about it, I probably skip many of the immersion stuff just for time saving alone.

I would like the game to track past Champions and other stats though, basically stuff I can go back and look at. The other twitter and news story stuff I don't look at much.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:04 PM   #18
Rookie

Americasteam95's Arena

OVR: 0

If you don't think increasing immersion is important .... Or feel the mode is immersive enough... Why comment on the thread?

The OP CLEARLY asked for ways to improve immersion...

You creating your own storylines & imagining is limited to your experience & expectations of the game....

The story lines in other sports games , and the way the information is presented is far better than Madden's...

Yet here we are with the "well it's not important to me" , "I create my own storylines" "2k isn't even that impressive" ...

As if the request is too much to ask for in 2019

No one asked what most people play , or where the money is... We know that
Old 01-05-2019, 10:35 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

If the OP is asking what could make the game more immersive for the game he owns right now, couldn't a person suggest to invent your own storylines for the time being while waiting for Madden to become more immersive in the future?

Seems like the OP was asking for help me now, instead of ideas to help Madden down the road.

This isn't someone asking for a wishlist.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:42 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americasteam95
If you don't think increasing immersion is important .... Or feel the mode is immersive enough... Why comment on the thread?

You creating your own storylines & imagining is limited to your experience & expectations of the game....

The story lines in other sports games , and the way the information is presented is far better than Madden's...

Yet here we are with the "well it's not important to me" , "I create my own storylines" "2k isn't even that impressive" ...

No one said it wasn't important to them though... It's definitely important but let's be realistic... 2ks storylines are just as generic... Let's not overrate most of these other franchise modes because it's easy to crap on Madden... It's not too much to ask but either vote with your wallet to force their damn hands or shut up... I see the same people complain every year and y'all keep BUYING IT... Corporations follow the money so if people would stop buying it that would force their hand... And creating your own storylines is a valid suggestion... You have to use your *GASP* imagination sometimes... It's a yearly release so there's only so much they can add year to year and improving franchise doesn't move their bottom line like it once did in the PS2 and early PS3/XB360 era... If you want real immersion and a deeper franchise mode go text based sports games... There are other alternatives if you're looking to get your franchise fix and Madden isn't doing it for you

Last edited by jetsman92; 01-05-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:45 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I don’t have a lot of time to sit and be immersed so I’m content with the immersion that I currently have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2019, 10:52 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americasteam95

I responded to the guy that decided to call EA evil for trying to maximize their profit. It’s a notion that needs to die on these forums.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:54 PM   #23
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Call me crazy (I probably am), but I find it really fun to look at the league leaders in stats/standings weekly and invent weekly storylines in your head for each game. Have "supplemental commentary" you think of in your head if you see something crazy happen in game or in the off-season.

For example, the Buffalo Bills just signed Nick Foles in my franchise mode in 2020. Seems initially unrealistic right? Josh Allen is clearly the guy. So, I "invented" a storyline in my head that Josh Allen is suffering from nagging discomfort in his shoulder after an off-season injury and the doctors are treating the infection. Foles is their stopgap QB.

Basically the key to staying immersed is to take the news feed, stats, and roster moves that happen, pay attention to them, and invent your own little stories to go along with them.

Also, through the process of playing multiple seasons, you may find yourself losing to the same teams in the playoffs which can create neat little rivalries and side stories.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 01-06-2019, 12:55 AM   #24
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Call me crazy (I probably am), but I find it really fun to look at the league leaders in stats/standings weekly and invent weekly storylines in your head for each game. Have "supplemental commentary" you think of in your head if you see something crazy happen in game or in the off-season.

For example, the Buffalo Bills just signed Nick Foles in my franchise mode in 2020. Seems initially unrealistic right? Josh Allen is clearly the guy. So, I "invented" a storyline in my head that Josh Allen is suffering from nagging discomfort in his shoulder after an off-season injury and the doctors are treating the infection. Foles is their stopgap QB.

Basically the key to staying immersed is to take the news feed, stats, and roster moves that happen, pay attention to them, and invent your own little stories to go along with them.

Also, through the process of playing multiple seasons, you may find yourself losing to the same teams in the playoffs which can create neat little rivalries and side stories.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
The last game I could successfully do this in was Madden 12, since franchise was a lot more customizable (offensive/defensive/ST coordinators, retired players becoming coaches, etc). That game struck the perfect balance for me between gamey and realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »