Home

Immersion in franchise?

This is a discussion on Immersion in franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2018, 11:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Immersion in franchise?

Hello,

Was wondering if you guys have any ways to make franchise more immersive? I enjoy the gameplay and all, but what pushes me away is the fact there is no meaning. No stories on news feed to eat you pumped up, just really bland. Any ways to make it more interesting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2018, 11:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Immersion in franchise?

Was also wondering if there was any engine online that I could like put stats in and then it create a bunch of stories or stuff? Doubt it but worth if anyone knows
Old 01-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierramist23
Hello,

Was wondering if you guys have any ways to make franchise more immersive? I enjoy the gameplay and all, but what pushes me away is the fact there is no meaning. No stories on news feed to eat you pumped up, just really bland. Any ways to make it more interesting?
Yes I have a solution for you:

First your going to need to go to school for business (preferably an Ivy League school). Once you graduate get an entry level job at EA sports/tiburon in Orlando. This may require you to relocate. Work your way up until you hit the position of CEO. Once you hit your goal of becoming CEO change the companies direction from being a money hungry, soul sucking vampire, who takes advantage of little kids through micro transactions and loot packs to a company who's soul focus is to create a game that is deep, immersive, and satisfying. There you go, good luck!

All joking aside. Franchise in madden is one of the thinnest most bare bones franchise modes of any sports game and it has been this way for the last 4-5 years. Ea sports is only concerned with UT or any mode they can use to achieve their goal of removing children who don't know any better of their parents hard earned money. For further proof just look at EA recent community servey for feedback. They do not care about franchise and until they figure out a way to monetize it they probably never will.

Sorry. But I have lost all hope for EA sports and the direction the company is going in.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:26 PM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm with you, these last couple of years I have had a lot of trouble going deep in to a franchise. After like 5-7 years I usually start over with another team, sometimes sooner. There is just nothing that really sucks you in and gets you excited like story lines. The news feed that we have today in franchise is so bland and unimaginative. Just little details like adding a progressive injury system where the wear and tear on a player can take a toll and injuries get progressively worse as they take a beating in their career. Little details like this would help each franchise that you play feel different. It just feels like the Madden team suffers from the lack of imagination and ingenuity.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:04 PM   #5
Pro

Use Sapp’s draft classes and scouting reports (which are like 70 pages each) and/or hotsnakes classes— see the Roster section on the forum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Americasteam95's Arena

A mobile app that provides daily updates from your team, coaches & other personalities around the league ?

Imagine getting a text from a team doctor about the rehab progress of a star player

So many ways to increase immersion, unfortunately the route EA chooses to go each year prevents that from happening...
Old 01-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Americasteam95's Arena

Even nba live has taken steps towards immersion... Look at "The One" mode.. with the social media piece ....

From my perspective Longshot was an attempt towards immersion .... Huge waste of time and resources for a limited mode that no one wants
Old 01-04-2019, 06:15 PM   #8
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americasteam95
A mobile app that provides daily updates from your team, coaches & other personalities around the league ?

Imagine getting a text from a team doctor about the rehab progress of a star player

So many ways to increase immersion, unfortunately the route EA chooses to go each year prevents that from happening...
The fact that in today's technology age we don't at the very least have an app where you can draft from and carry out other offseason tasks or even team management tasks from your phone or a computer is crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »