Home

Where did OC and DC go in franchise?

This is a discussion on Where did OC and DC go in franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Where did OC and DC go in franchise?

The off-season is usually extremely fun for me in franchise mode this time of year. Yesterday I played the live exhibition and decided to “play the next week”. Being a Falcons fan, I simmed through the playoffs (Saints won the SB - Throwup) and was sad when I discovered there no longer the option to change OCs, DCs, and STC.

I was also sad to see how unrealistic Free Agency was. The money I saved against the cap for cutting players wasn’t even somewhat close to the real thing. The pool of FAs wasn’t realistic at all either. Every team resigned anyone worth a damn.

I was very happy to see I could import real players for the draft however. I would love to see Madden do an off-season update that generated the real FA pool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #2
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Where did OC and DC go in franchise?

OC and DC hiring has been gone for at least a few years. Not sure how long exactly. I bought 2017 but before that the last on I got was 2013 and don't recall if it was in that one
Old 01-01-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

The coordinators haven't been in Madden since I want to say like 08 or 09. I wish we could get them back in to franchise mode, it would be cool if instead of picking from a pool of head coaches you could snatch a coordinator from another team.

As far as free agency in the real NFL stars don't often hit free agency and are usually re-signed by their team. I do agree that Madden could tune it to happen a little more often than it does but I would rather have it as it is now then have a star studded free agent class every offseason. If you play with the updated rosters where James Conner is rated higher the Steelers let Le'Veon Bell hit fee agency. I also in one franchise had Jalen Ramsey hit free agency, but I have only seen that one time in all of the franchises I have played. Occasionally I'll see a player a younger player like Myles Jack hit free agency.

In the NFL teams build through the draft more than other leagues though, you don't get stars hitting free agency like they do in say the NBA. I'm honestly fine with the way it is, if you want to get a hold of a younger star you are going to have to give up quite a bit in a trade.

Last edited by Shosum13; 01-01-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Ben Haumiller addressed this issue during a q and a session before the game arrived.

He said it's a lot different now than before when coordinators were in the game. Now, they need to sign them into the game.

The short answer is why not put in fake names and be done with it, but sounds like they want to go the authentic route.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:27 PM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ben Haumiller addressed this issue during a q and a session before the game arrived.

He said it's a lot different now than before when coordinators were in the game. Now, they need to sign them into the game.

The short answer is why not put in fake names and be done with it, but sounds like they want to go the authentic route.
I wonder if they could go the route of like what NCAA did when they had the coaching carousel where you could customize them. Then they could ship them with generic coordinators and you could download a coaches/coordinator roster from madden share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 03:45 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
I wonder if they could go the route of like what NCAA did when they had the coaching carousel where you could customize them. Then they could ship them with generic coordinators and you could download a coaches/coordinator roster from madden share.
I'm sure with Ben from the college game he might have floated that idea upstream, but clearly noted they were going into the signing of the coordinators. It's just a matter of when.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
The coordinators haven't been in Madden since I want to say like 08 or 09. I wish we could get them back in to franchise mode, it would be cool if instead of picking from a pool of head coaches you could snatch a coordinator from another team.
Fairly sure they had it in M10 or 11 but could be wrong.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:52 PM   #8
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Fairly sure they had it in M10 or 11 but could be wrong.
I think Madden 12 was the last one with them but I could be wrong. Pretty bad because I played that version the most by far but that's what being middle age does to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »