Home

CPU Weekly Training

This is a discussion on CPU Weekly Training within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CPU Weekly Training

Does anyone know if the CPU gets more than Bronze XP Goals in the Weekly Training in Franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 03:41 PM   #2
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Weekly Training

Yes, they get some silver and on rare occasion gold.

Last year the CPU teams always got bronze, but they fixed it this year so the CPU gets a mix of bronze silver and gold. You can confirm this by taking over a CPU team mid-season and look at progression history. From there you can see the CPU doesnt always get bronze like it used to be.

Bronze is still the most common result for the CPU, they do get a decent amount of silver, and though its rare, I have seen them get gold occasionally.

To be fair to the CPU, I always give myself silver. I figure that is roughly equal to the mix they get.

I also recommend TDawg's XP sliders if you don't already use them.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983

Last year the CPU teams always got bronze, but they fixed it this year so the CPU gets a mix of bronze silver and gold. You can confirm this by taking over a CPU team mid-season and look at progression history. From there you can see the CPU doesnt always get bronze like it used to be.

Bronze is still the most common result for the CPU, they do get a decent amount of silver, and though its rare, I have seen them get gold occasionally.

To be fair to the CPU, I always give myself silver. I figure that is roughly equal to the mix they get.

I wish they would tune it so the CPU gets gold more often rather than me having to handicap the development of my players to make sure the playing field is even. That or introduce an option to simulate a random medal for my weekly training that gives you the same mix of medals as the CPU gets.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:27 PM   #4
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
I wish they would tune it so the CPU gets gold more often rather than me having to handicap the development of my players to make sure the playing field is even. That or introduce an option to simulate a random medal for my weekly training that gives you the same mix of medals as the CPU gets.
Yeah, that's why I went Silver for all of my practices, it was the closest to giving me roughly the same amount of XP as CPU teams.

If memory serves me correctly when I looked, it seemed like CPU teams got bronze around half of the time, silver the rest, and they do get gold a just few weeks each year. I'm not sure what determines the break-down. Maybe the CPU's coach level? Because some CPU teams got different results. Some got more gold and silver than others.

So I said to myself ... "Self, I dont want to give myself always bronze or always gold because then I'll end up with way more or way less XP than CPU teams. Hmmm, what should I do? How about silver each week? Yup! That's the ticket! Silver it is!"

I've been doing that for several years in my offline CFM's now, and my team doesnt seem to develop on practice XP any more or less than anyone else, so I keep rolling with my silver plan.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for confirming!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2019, 05:55 PM   #6
Rookie

I simply sim my training, will my xp be similar to what the cpu gets?
Old 01-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #7
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983

Great information here. Completely changes how I will handle training going forward. I've been simming training because I didn't want to have an unfair advantage developing my players.

Knowing this going forward I will starting getting me some silvers in the mix and maybe one gold.

Thanks for this info.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 01-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #8
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
Great information here. Completely changes how I will handle training going forward. I've been simming training because I didn't want to have an unfair advantage developing my players.

Knowing this going forward I will starting getting me some silvers in the mix and maybe one gold.

Thanks for this info.

It would be nice if simming just gave you the same mix of bronze, silver, and gold as the CPU.

When I looked I didnt try and figure out the averages of bronze, silver, and gold the CPU gets. I suppose my "silver all the time" plan probably still gives me slightly more XP than CPU teams. If you really wanted to be fair you would have to give yourself to same mix of bronze, silver, and gold.

But that was too much work and too much math to figure it out - so I just went silver all the time, that seemed fair enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »