Home

Raiders don’t get their draft picks?

This is a discussion on Raiders don’t get their draft picks? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Raiders don’t get their draft picks?

I just started a new CFM as the Raiders in order to move them to Vegas.

I should have 3 first round draft picks since Khalil was traded... but when I look at my picks for the upcoming draft I only have 1 pick per round. No extra 1st round picks. The Bears gave a 1st round pick for Khalil Mack but it’s not there.

So basically, I lost Khalil, and get nothing for it? Does EA not bother to put in accurate draft picks?

Does anyone know how to get my proper draft picks or if there is anything I can do?

Last edited by IcedCoffee1983; 01-03-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Raiders don’t get their draft picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983

I should have 3 first round draft picks since Khalil was traded... but when I look at my picks for the upcoming draft I only have 1 pick per round. No extra 1st round picks. The Bears gave a 1st round pick for Khalil Mack but it’s not there.

So basically, I lost Khalil, and get nothing for it? Does EA not bother to put in accurate draft picks?

Does anyone know how to get my proper draft picks or if there is anything I can do?
Take control of the teams that have your picks in week 1 of the preseason, trade them to the Raiders along with swapping 7th round picks. It’s close enough.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:33 PM   #3
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983

I should have 3 first round draft picks since Khalil was traded... but when I look at my picks for the upcoming draft I only have 1 pick per round. No extra 1st round picks.

I assume you started an offline CFM? I’m pretty sure that draft picks are only correct and up to date if you start an online/cloud CFM and select a point in the season where all trades were already done then all draft picks should be where they belong.

Not sure if they updated it for the current week yet so if you want to start with week 17 already played you might still have to wait until tomorrow unless you want to go in and force win the games yourself assuming you want the team records to be correct.

Definitely sucks for offline CFM players. I wonder if there is a real reason it’s the way it is or if it’s just EA being EA.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:41 PM   #4
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OK thanks for the tip.

I just tried controlling both teams as owners and I can manually trade the draft picks I’m owed for a 55 OVR scrub, force the trade through, and then let the computer take over the Bears.

It’s so stupid they update teams after trades but don’t update draft picks. That means every offline CFM out there (most people probably don't realize) has the Raiders giving up Kahlil Mac for nothing.

*sigh*

Laziness.

Last edited by IcedCoffee1983; 01-04-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

It's been awhile, but I believe if you start Week 1 in the regular season it has the picks, just not if you start in the preseason.. I could be wrong but I remember a discussion about this and one way was you get the correct trades/picks but no FA like Maclin and Bryant and the other was you get the FA but not the correct picks.

Search for it, I know there is a long thread about this issue.

Edit: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049519724

posted by Levistick
Quote:
So there are 2 types of ways to use the roster.

"Use Real Life Roster", which uses the roster that reflects the week in which you start. If you start in Pre-Season, then Khalil Mack is on the Raiders (as he was, when pre-season started), and the Bears have their picks.

If you start in Regular Season Week 1, Khalil Mack is on the Bears, the Raiders have the draft picks from the trade, BUT 2 other things happen: The CPU signs players from FA, and big name FA's like Dez, Martavis, Bowman, etc. are all gone. Not signed... just gone, out of the game.

"Use Custom Roster", which imports the current roster you have active (assuming in this case it would be the updated roster)

Where you start does not matter at this point. You can start at pre season or regular season, and it does not matter, the roster does not change. Khalil Mack is on the Bears, the Raiders do NOT have the draft picks from Chicago, it looks like practice squad players are added, but again, the top free agents as mentioned above have disappeared.

Therefore, my league is going to remain with the roster update from yesterday: Khalil Mack is on the Bears, the Raiders do NOT have the picks (we will manually trade them), BUT the top free agents exist in the game.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 01-03-2019 at 10:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2019, 07:13 AM   #6
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Take control of the teams that have your picks in week 1 of the preseason, trade them to the Raiders along with swapping 7th round picks. It’s close enough.
Don't forget to the Raider's 2020 2nd round pick to the Bears.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

They've been over this numerous times. They don't (can't?) do draft pick updates in roster files.

If you want the full trade in effect, you can start an online franchise at the end of the preseason or week 1.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:02 PM   #8
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
They've been over this numerous times. They don't (can't?) do draft pick updates in roster files.

If you want the full trade in effect, you can start an online franchise at the end of the preseason or week 1.
I feel as though it is more "don't" than "can't." They can, they just don't bother to do it.

I say that because when I loaded up current rosters and started my offline CFM at week 1... I of course discovered Mack was gone and I did not have my draft picks from the Bears... however the Packers DID have New Orleans' 1st round 2019 pick!

So clearly they COULD update draft picks, they just dont bother to do it, and make up excuses for their laziness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It's been awhile, but I believe if you start Week 1 in the regular season it has the picks, just not if you start in the preseason.. I could be wrong but I remember a discussion about this and one way was you get the correct trades/picks but no FA like Maclin and Bryant and the other was you get the FA but not the correct picks.

Search for it, I know there is a long thread about this issue.

Edit: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049519724

posted by Levistick
Hey MizzouRah, thanks for posting that quote from Levistick... that really helped!

In any case... I was able to get the picks I am due via taking control of the Bears and forcing the trade. I did this:

-Signed 55 OVR scrub for pennies to the Raiders as a pawn
-Created 2nd user as Owner for Bears
-Traded 55 OVR scrub to Bears plus the Raiders 2nd round 2020 pick
-Raiders recevied the Bears' 1st round 2019 pick, 1st round 2020 pick, 3rd round 2020 pick, and 6th round 2020 pick.
-"Retired" Bears owner

Of course any CPU teams that were due picks for trades wouldnt have them... but at least my Las Vegas Raiders have theirs from the Bears.

I thought I was good to start enjoying my Raiders Las Vegas CFM! What happens on my 1st game in my new stadium after all my hard work? I am introduced as... "the OAKLAND Raiders!"

*siiiiiigh*

I give up for a bit. This game stinks.

Too many way better games out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »