Home

RLE, RRE, AND RDT in a 3-4 defense

This is a discussion on RLE, RRE, AND RDT in a 3-4 defense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: RLE, RRE, AND RDT in a 3-4 defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Two questions on this.

1. How do you know preplay which side is strong side when USER is on D? If I go 4-3 strong, but CPU flips play, I’m misaligned.

2. With package subs, how do we know strong side pre play

The issue that I want to solve is if I’m the Bucs D and Lavonte David is my WILL, I want Beckwith (SAM) lined up over TE. If I call 4-3 under but the CPU comes out flipped, now David is on TE side but I’m aligned wrong. If I do play flip, it just shifts responsibilities, the players don’t switch sides.
What you gotta do when this happens is use 43 Over as the mirror to your 43 Under, subbing your LBs in on the opposite sides (as well as your DL). When you come out in 43 Under and they auto-flip you, audible to 43 Over and you'll get your guys in the spots you want them in. It sounds hard, but once you get the hang if it it's a breeze.

I wish, of course, that we didn't have to resort to this workaround, but it is effective and it does allow you to feature specific players in specific spots on your front 7.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:01 PM   #18
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Thanks for the help.

That’s so ridiculous that I’m a football game, a very basic play calling thing like getting players in correct positions and usi g Sam Mike and Will isn’t even correct. That’s basic football.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:07 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Thanks for the help.

That’s so ridiculous that I’m a football game, a very basic play calling thing like getting players in correct positions and usi g Sam Mike and Will isn’t even correct. That’s basic football.
I agree. What's odd is that they have the ability to hard-code certain players to appear on the weak side, as this happens for the ROLB in the 34 Predator and the LOLB in Nickel 335 Odd.

It's also odd that the introduction of the SEA Cover 3 has become a staple in the game but the positional logic that allows you to implement the accompanying fronts is not.

My guess is that it's harder on their end than it seems on ours, for whatever it's worth. But I'd love to be able to have a dedicated WLB, SLB, 1/3 tech., box S, high S, etc.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #20
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I agree. What's odd is that they have the ability to hard-code certain players to appear on the weak side, as this happens for the ROLB in the 34 Predator and the LOLB in Nickel 335 Odd.

It's also odd that the introduction of the SEA Cover 3 has become a staple in the game but the positional logic that allows you to implement the accompanying fronts is not.

My guess is that it's harder on their end than it seems on ours, for whatever it's worth. But I'd love to be able to have a dedicated WLB, SLB, 1/3 tech., box S, high S, etc.
I was just playing around with formation subs last night to see if I could get my DT's to align properly in the over and under alignments. Unfortunately there are none of the formations flip the DT's so you can't get them aligned in the correct 1 tech and 3 tech spots every time. It's annoying that I can't designate a SLB, WLB, and a 1 tech and 2 tech DT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »