Home

lack of injuries after last patch

This is a discussion on lack of injuries after last patch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2019, 11:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
lack of injuries after last patch

I had the injury slider on 25 using some sliders off the board. I was seeing a decent amount of injuries on both myself and the cpu. After the patch, there are basically no injuries now. Can someone help here and tell me what they have injuries set at in their franchise and I hope the patch didn't break that slider where it will not work no matter what number it is set at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2019, 02:15 AM   #2
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: lack of injuries after last patch

It definitely seems like they tuned injury frequency, I used to play with it at 25, after the last few patches I now have it at 38 and have been getting good results with that.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #3
Rookie

I see slightly fewer injuries in my offline franchise. Before the patch I had 5-6 players out for a considerable length throughout the season, post-patch it's been 2-3. I have noticed the vast majority of the injuries have been Shoulder Tear, which seems weird to me.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
Rookie

CoachLewis73's Arena

I have had TWO WR break a forearm or a thumb while blocking on the backside of the play. I can understand those type of injuries more at the point of attack but very rarely do wr injuries occur on the backside. Plus we all know that the backside effort of WRs isnt the best all the time!
Old 01-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I use the default of 40 and while it doesn't seem like many CPU injuries for the simmed CPU vs CPU games, games I play the CPU can have a decent amount.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #6
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I use the default of 40 and while it doesn't seem like many CPU injuries for the simmed CPU vs CPU games, games I play the CPU can have a decent amount.
If you want to get a realistic amount both simming and playing games it seems like you have to increase the value after you played your game before you advance the week or on a week you are simming your game. It seems like there are less injuries during summer games than actually playing. With it set at 38 I get a good amount of injuries while playing, usually just out for that game then the occasional multiple week injury.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:19 AM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Sim engine and in game injuries are def down for me after last patch...

Same thing with fatigue:

Saw a lot more of those fatigue indicator "colors" before patch, along with less player rotation...

My guess is the former may be tied to the latter...

At any rate:

I hope this at least gets returned to it's former level of functionality in next patch...
Old 01-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #8
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

I have mine at 38. Had it at 40 and was getting just a little too many injuries. I know going down 2 points isn't much but it is just a bit better while still getting injuries. Still had my QB go down for five weeks, my #1 WR for 4 weeks, my RB for 4 weeks and have others just miss the game in progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »