Home

Returning Kicks/Punts

This is a discussion on Returning Kicks/Punts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2019, 04:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Returning Kicks/Punts

Iv returned one each, i remember they where kinda glitchy returns though. Otherwise. It seem impossible to make a guy miss

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #10
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
OK. I guess I'll just keep working on it. I don't think I had one since like Madden 09 or something like that!! LOL
I have the most success when I'm more patient and wait for my blockers to set up and then hit the sprint button once I find the seam. It is still pretty rare that I return a kick for a td though, in my online franchise we are in our 3rd season and I usually average around 2 returns for a td a season. I feel like it's a little easier against other users though because they'll sometimes user a coverage guy out of position by taking to aggressive of a pursuit angle. Then it just becomes making that guy miss and taking advantage of the gap they left. Against the CPU I probably don't even average 1 a season because they always stay on their lanes so it's harder to find your opening.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:50 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Has anyone actually returned a kick and/or a punt for a TD?

My kick returns basically consist of getting about 18 yards before insta shed kicks in. Returning left, right, up the middle doesn't seem to matter. Holding the trigger/ not holding the trigger doesn't seem to matter.
Ran one back with Deion Sanders last night. Later in the game, the CPU ran one back, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 01:52 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Forgot to mention, both of mine came using return MIDDLE, so on KO I always use return middle now.
Since getting Deion and Tyreek on my MUT team, I've gone to return left or right most often. With enough speed, you can often cross the field and get around the defenders trying to crash down on you. Works best if I cross the entire field, although I do sometimes catch a hole and break back the other way.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:22 PM   #13
MVP

KO are pretty well balanced for the user. I can occasionally get run backs, but nothing excessive. Since I keep both my MUT and franchise teams deep at S I also always have two good players on my coverage team so I don't worry about getting one run back on me unless Deion gets a broken tackle animation.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:10 PM   #14
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Christian Kirk has two more KO returns for me this year.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:42 PM   #15
MVP

underdog13's Arena

I had 3 in one season with Danthony Thomas. 96 speed was the key on kr. On pr you need elusiveness and accel

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2019, 06:47 PM   #16
Rookie

No one has returned a KR/PR in my league however there have been many FG and PAT blocks which doesn't make sense. Return td's should be more common. The lack of return td's suck because returns can change the momentum of games, the Patriots won my League in 2017 and I remember a HUGE kick return return TD by Cyrus Jones in the AFC Championship Game against the Jacksonville Jaguars as the turning point of that game. Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl. Also Dante Hall returned a kick in overtime for the Kansas City Chiefs to win the Super Bowl XXIV during my league/season in 2007. None of those type of memorable plays would ever happen in Madden 19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I've had 2 KO returns and 1 Punt return for TD's total heading into 2021.

The CPU has never returned one on me though.
The return game is broken in this game, you know it's bad when the CPU cant even get one.

Last edited by BullsBearsSox; 01-13-2019 at 06:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »