Home

Sacked 15 Times

This is a discussion on Sacked 15 Times within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sacked 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Hmm, well a couple observations. Sounds like you are playing 15 minute quarters which, ....i dont think the stats are realistic in this game with 15 minute quarters. No QB has ever thrown for 600 yards in real life. Its why i play 11 and i still get QBs throwing for 400 yards every now and then. My QB threw for 512 yesterday.....486 today.

Second observation....didnt you say All Pro was too easy and why you switched to AM? Doesnt sound like its too easy for you.

My biggest gripe in this game as far as game play is you have no time to throw a lot of the time. You either get sacked or you get hit while throwing even in AP which is what i play. Im playing two teams and both my QBs on those teams are the most sacked QBs in the league.

I just had a RB run for 202 yards on me so i cant complain about that since i want them to be able to run the ball though i do have 3 DTs hurt and im playing scrubs in their place.

I play 13 minute quarters with 20 second clock. I am looking for 120 plays a game, this typically gets me close.

In my current game in All Pro with the Giants I am 4-2. I never said All Pro was a cake walk, but I do feel it's not difficult enough considering I am doing this with a 75 ovr team of which I gutted the defense.

Offense is way too easy. In my current game I am first in total offense and points. Barkley has 900 rushing yards through 6 games. OBJ and Sheppard both lead the league in receiving. Last night I beat the Panthers 63-24. I led 49-14 at the half and Eli had 6 TD passes 4 to OBJ. 400 yards of total offense, in ONE half.. I only scored 63 because I ran the ball and punted nearly the entire 2nd half

My defense is horrible. Granted it's a 73 ovr because I traded most of my veterans away. But also because I get up so fast on teams and what I discussed above happens, the AI suddenly becomes unstoppable and gets back in the game.

I do most of this with Lauletta, a 70 ovr QB. Manning had to play a few games since Lauletta got knocked out. Pressure is not bad for me in All Pro. The 2 QBs have been sacked 18 times in 6 games. That's a lot, but that's with the default Giants line and Chad Wheeler has given up 7 of those sacks. A 67 ovr right tackle. The other 4 on the line have given up 3 sacks combined, so I assume I've been at fault for the other 8 sacks. This is NOTHING like All Madden.

The AI typically cannot run on me. If they do it's because I concede the run because they are way too dangerous deep. Most of the points against me come from deep passes and verticals. I'm convinced cover 4 is broken as I can't count how many times my guys have given up exactly what that defense is designed to stop. But again, I gutted my defense. I've got 85, 70, 73 ovr guys playing corner.

The Eagles beat the snot out of me last night. So I can and will lose on all pro. But I'm likely going to win 10 to 12 games and have a stupid offense statistically by the end of the year. I felt this Giants team shouldn't be doing this, so that's why I moved to try All Madden.

EDIT: I think after what I have seen so far, you could make a strong case that the pass rush isn't strong enough on All Pro. I rarely feel the need to adjust coverage's and I am playing with the Giants default oline which is flat out abysmal. I don't feel it is completely imperative that I go out and trade for a better oline as I can live with 3 sacks a game of which half are probably my fault for holding the ball too long. Besides, my offense is ranked 1st in the league, and its not close.

So as was stated above we cannot get a realistic experience form Madden in all facets, but I would like something a little closer.

Last edited by Meddera; 01-28-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #74
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

My team is a 84 overall and my defense is ranked 15th. Had Joe Mixon run for 202 yards on me the other day. On one run he went untouched up the middle for 95 yards. Granted all my DTs were injured and I had two low rated guys in there a 67 and 72 I had to sign and Bosa is hurt but I like that I'm not shutting everyone down.
Maybe adjust your CPU sliders.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:53 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
My team is a 84 overall and my defense is ranked 15th. Had Joe Mixon run for 202 yards on me the other day. On one run he went untouched up the middle for 95 yards. Granted all my DTs were injured and I had two low rated guys in there a 67 and 72 I had to sign and Bosa is hurt but I like that I'm not shutting everyone down.
Maybe adjust your CPU sliders.
Ive adjusted sliders all over the place since I bought this game. I am now basically doing Josh's sliders with leaving everything alone except speed parity which I have at 65. I have my injuries a little lower and my quarter length and clock runoff is different too. I guess some will say this could cause a breakage but whatever.

So I just played 1 half against Atlanta and it is more of the same. I am losing 23-17 but Lauletta has thrown a couple picks. I have 290 yards of offense vs their 238 yards. I only have 80 yards passing so his sliders seem harder to pass on, but I have 200 yards rushing with Barkley already on 16 carries.

Atlanta has 269 yards passing on only 9 completions. Matt Ryan 151 passer rating. He has thrown 3 passes over 50 yards on me ALL of which I was in a cover 4 defense. They have 3 yards rushing.

I will say this, and I will probably get blown up for saying it, but man those defensive passer sliders sure seem to be reversed. With my sliders I just kept adjusting their pass defense and reaction up until I was at 85 on both and I was still just throwing all over the place on them. I switch to Josh sliders and a couple games in guys just are not open and his sliders are 50.

It also seems the more extreme you adjust sliders the game just starts behaving weird. I will get guys warping around the field and sometimes the game speeds up to ludicrous speed. Its hilarious watching as dudes are just suddenly all running around 100 mph.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2019, 12:44 PM   #76
Rookie

So I finished up the game. Lost in OT because Lauletta threw his 4th pick on the opening series in OT. I had 550 yards of offense in 4 quarters. Barkley had 250 yards rushing on 24 carries and this is with me basically benching him most of the 3rd quarter. I brought him back in the 4th and guess what? Broken collarbone out for 8 weeks.

I've had this sort of thing happen every single time I have guys that are putting up game breaking numbers. He had 1100 yards in 7 games for 6.8 yards a carry. He averaged 22 carries a game so its not like I was just beating him into the ground. It is a lot of carries, but nothing obscene about it.

So I lost the game, which is good. And with Barkley out I am likely to lose many more. I am going to just try and tweak sliders as I go and not start over for once.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:40 PM   #77
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera
So I finished up the game. Lost in OT because Lauletta threw his 4th pick on the opening series in OT. I had 550 yards of offense in 4 quarters. Barkley had 250 yards rushing on 24 carries and this is with me basically benching him most of the 3rd quarter. I brought him back in the 4th and guess what? Broken collarbone out for 8 weeks.

I've had this sort of thing happen every single time I have guys that are putting up game breaking numbers. He had 1100 yards in 7 games for 6.8 yards a carry. He averaged 22 carries a game so its not like I was just beating him into the ground. It is a lot of carries, but nothing obscene about it.

So I lost the game, which is good. And with Barkley out I am likely to lose many more. I am going to just try and tweak sliders as I go and not start over for once.
Hmm, I have my run blocking at 60 , CPU run blocking at 55. I may turn mine down a bit but Gordon is averaging 5.1 and it's his best so far. Usually in the 4.5 to 4.8 range but his speed isn't as fast as Barkley.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 01-28-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:03 PM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Josh would be the first one to tell you that you are causing a breakage.

There are people that follow his thread, but they don't follow the OP.

I haven't deviated from his sliders at all, I'm in season 4 and all games are different. If I'm winning, yeah, the CPU will try to comeback and I love the challenge of stopping them or only allowing for 3pts.

Each person plays differently.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:25 AM   #79
Rookie

This picture shows you why pass protection is broken in this game. This is using max protect after calling a play. The two TE's take over the duty of the tackles and the tackles take the gaps between them and the guards. This is great if we get an all out blitz, but if not they are doing nothing while the TE's get abused on the outside. The net result? You are sacked faster then if you change nothing.

Also, lets not forget the RB during this play. He ran up to help the center of the line right when the ball was snapped. So he was not there to help when one of the ends broke free. This is failed logic in the game. Max protect or using extra blockers should not only be for picking up the blitz. It should also double up where I need it or ideally where I want it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Madden NFL 19 Screenshot 2019.01.29 - 23.18.33.30.jpg (194.1 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Meddera; 01-30-2019 at 12:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »