Home

Sacked 15 Times

This is a discussion on Sacked 15 Times within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2019, 10:10 PM   #57
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sacked 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera
Yeah well on AM due to the awareness boost even if they don't call the right play their players will jump the route all the time. I've had LB's who were supposed to drop back according to the coverage they selected by instead they shift perfectly to cut off the slant and of course I throw a pick. I have caught on to that finally, but took me a while. Slants are extremely dangerous on All Madden.

So few minutes ago I was sacked on the 1st passing play of the game by the Cows Lawrence. I realize he is good. But I did trade and replace both my LT and RT who are both in the low 80's in pass blocking. Yes Lawrence is better, but he shouldn't be just rolling my guy within half a second which exactly what he did. Notice again Barkley cant even get out of the backfield. No amount of checking down or anything could save you from this sack. A few plays later on the same drive Taco, the cow's ROLB or RE did the same thing to my LT who again is in the lower 80's and slightly better than Taco.

It seems the stuff I played with in Frosty did not work and to be honest I am tired of trying. I don't enjoy playing this way, because it is not really all that fun. I can win on occasion, and right now with a 75 ovr team winning isn't my issue. My issue is being sacked over and over by a 4 man rush. It is just a cheap way to make the game more difficult. If it were due to blitz pickup i'd feel better about it, but I cannot stand seeing guys that are in the top 15 or so in their position just getting beat like a drum.

I am considering going back to All Pro and seeing what I can do with sliders and frosty, but I may not have the energy for that either. I have tinkered with this game since I bought it and just can't get things they way I want them.
Well I play AP and today my QB got sacked 5 times by one player....Jadaveon Clowney. Yes he is good but I'm in season 2025 so he got to be 32 and regressed some? And my RT is overall rated an 84 and also a 83 pass blocker. So no it wasn't instantaneously he got sacked but a few times i wasn't quite set up to have a chance to throw it.

Most times it's my fault holding the ball to long waiting for a receiver to clear a defender in zone coverage. Not those times though.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 01-22-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:38 PM   #58
Rookie

I was through 1 quarter and a half and I just raged quit. I've had enough for now. Was sacked 4 times all by the ends. I should have just kept my crappy tackles because the results are no different. It's hilarious that this is occurring with the pass protection slider set to 100. The thing is, it's not just the sacks it's what the instant pressure causes me to do. I throw 90% of my interceptions because I am throwing the ball a full second before I really wanted to. Even the plays I have time I am rushed because a sack is basically a drive killer. The sad part about it, is I feel like I don't get to explore some of the deeper routes in the game other than just a straight up go route.

I am convinced the guys who make these games do not actually play them.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:41 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Well I play AP and today my QB got sacked 5 times by one player....Jadaveon Clowney. Yes he is good but I'm in season 2025 so he got to be 32 and regressed some? And my RT is overall rated an 84 and also a 83 pass blocker. So no it wasn't instantaneously he got sacked but a few times i wasn't quite set up to have a chance to throw it.

Most times it's my fault holding the ball to long waiting for a receiver to clear a defender in zone coverage. Not those times though.
An OL at 83 OVR for the pass protector archetype likely has at least one of PBP or PBF that is sub 80.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
An OL at 83 OVR for the pass protector archetype likely has at least one of PBP or PBF that is sub 80.
That may be the case, but still an ovr of 80 in total would put that blocker in the top 15 or so in the league at the start of the game. I understand EA is trying to follow the NFL in terms of offensive line talent vs dline, but the fact remains that the worst blocking teams in the NFL give up 50-60 sacks a season. That's less than 4 a game. If we assume average pass attempts are around 35 per game that's a sack around every 10 drop backs.

So as you see, even the absolute worst in the NFL is no where near as bad as what will happen to most of us in All Madden, and that's with my line being better than average at this point. I'll admit some sacks are my fault, but I would attribute at least 2-4 coming from instant defensive line moves off the snap or the instants that occur from a playaction call.

I feel like I can play absolutely perfect and will still give up at least 2-3 sacks. I don't play perfectly, and while I've learned the ropes a bit I am still likely to give up 4-6 sacks in an average game and 8-10 in a particularly bad performance. This is just not acceptable and defies realism and since I can't seem to find a solution in frosty, I am moving back to All Pro and starting my tuning all over again.

The fact that the tackles are getting beat so unrealistically along with no real control over who blocks who on your line, and that scrambling QB's can be run down from behind by slow DT's creates a perfect storm. I mean if I could tell an extra blocker to block a specific guy only, the problem wouldn't be nearly as bad. But most of the time in these scenarios the back or the TE can't help because they are either picking flowers, or helping the wrong guy.

On the bright side, after playing All Madden so long it's probably going to feel like I have a year back there now in All Pro.

And maybe this isn't EA's fault as much as this is by design. I think when you select All Madden it says something to the effect that it will be nearly impossible to stop the AI. So I don't think EA would recommend you use All Madden if you're trying to achieve realism.

Last edited by Meddera; 01-23-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Since I've been playing Madden for quite a long time, I've never know All Madden to emulate real NFL stats, ever.

I don't feel players should expect a facsimile to real NFL stats playing on All Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2019, 10:53 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Since I've been playing Madden for quite a long time, I've never know All Madden to emulate real NFL stats, ever.

I don't feel players should expect a facsimile to real NFL stats playing on All Madden.
Agree, and maybe realism was the wrong word. But how about fun? It's not fun being sacked 6-8 times a game nor throwing 1-3 picks due to the pass rush. And as I've said previously, I feel a lot of deeper patterns besides verticals just can't be used at all due to the time they take to develop.

I wasted a lot of time tinkering. But because this game is crack to me, I'll bury my head in All Pro all over again. Maybe one day I'll actually finish a season and draft players.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:13 AM   #63
Rookie

Tables have turned! First game back to ALL Pro I beat Jax 38-29 and sacked Bortles 8 times while only being sacked twice.

This was a fun payback game, but going to need to do some slider work.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #64
Rookie

There are a ton of plays in Madden 19 that are straight up garbage. If a good lineman is constantly getting beat, it could very well be the result of calling broken plays.

The other thing is that there is a lot of scripting involved in the game. It's not your team vs the other team in Madden. It's YOU vs everything you can't control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »