Home

This game can be very agitating sometimes.

This is a discussion on This game can be very agitating sometimes. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2019, 06:48 PM   #9
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3
This game can be very agitating sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachLewis73
I hate in the run game that i get tackled by defenders through the block. I make sure to build my OL in franchise and have 90 lg 99 c and 90 rg, all with high run block and I cannot run through open lanes without the defenders grabbing through a block or miraculously shedding the block to make the play.

That same issue was bothering me so I started playing around with reducing the pursuit rating on defensive lineman. I set the pursuit rating to match the speed rating, it seemed to me that it reduced some of the suction/instant sheds as my HB is going thru the holes.

But it sometimes felt that running was maybe a little too easy maybe a bit too open but I have only played a few quarters with these edits so far.

Since it seemed too easy to run I was thinking of not reducing the pursuit rating all the way down to match speed on the really slow D-lineman maybe it still needs to be a 5-10 clicks above the speed rating. I should have time to test this more this weekend.

Feel free to try it out if you want.

Also most CBs have extremley low pursuit ratings, 90 speed CBs will have a pursuit in the 60s most of the time, and it is weird when you try and chase someone and it actually feels like you are slower than you should be.

Safteies are mixed , some have pursuits near their speed while others will have 88 speed and low 60 pursuit.

Last edited by martz28; 01-25-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This game can be very agitating sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by openureyez
It’s disgusting really. When I struggle to score it’s because I am trying to run. This game rewards users who pass 100% of the time. It doesn’t simulate football well period.
In my experience, running the ball is by far the easiest thing to do in this game. Especially with an elusive back. Barkley starts the game as an overall 88 and I have run blocking all the way down to 18 in All Pro. In All Madden I was at 25. Run inside zone plays to the weak side on single back 3 receiver sets, and pitches to the strong side. Sprinkle in a zone run out of shotgun and an occasional draw play on 2nd and long and you should be good.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:16 PM   #11
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Caught from straight behind or caught on a pursuit angle?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’m curious about this as well. I’ve had several plays where I thought I got caught from behind by a slower player. I’d look at his ratings and see he was slower and be upset. Then, I’d look at the replay a few more times and suddenly realize, ‘wow, actually he was further downfield and took the proper pursuit angle, so I’m ok with that.’ Lol.

There’s probably still some iffy pursuits here and there. But, honestly, I’m totally ok with the speed parity, now, and have mine at default. I break off long runs with freeman at 90 speed, and he normally doesn’t get caught from behind unless, legit, the D player had a good angle, but had to run across the field to catch him kind of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #12
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, I’m curious about this as well. I’ve had several plays where I thought I got caught from behind by a slower player. I’d look at his ratings and see he was slower and be upset. Then, I’d look at the replay a few more times and suddenly realize, ‘wow, actually he was further downfield and took the proper pursuit angle, so I’m ok with that.’ Lol.

There’s probably still some iffy pursuits here and there. But, honestly, I’m totally ok with the speed parity, now, and have mine at default. I break off long runs with freeman at 90 speed, and he normally doesn’t get caught from behind unless, legit, the D player had a good angle, but had to run across the field to catch him kind of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with this and mine is at 75.. it's perfect IHMO. I have two 96 speed WR's and if they catch a slant and there is no safety help, it's 6 points. The AI does take good pursuit angles, especially with good rated players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »