Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Thoughts

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Thoughts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2019, 08:53 AM   #9
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Coach, anything is possible, I'm just recalling a post from AJ(former EA employee on the game play team) that the old tech doesn't mesh with the new tech very well.

Also, HC wasn't just developed in 09, I think the first one was 05 or 06, you are talking about close to 15 years of tech combined with legacy coding as well.

Love for it to happen, I don't see it happening.

I feel they would need to start from scratch and build something new.
Yea I’ve been reading they built it off the Madden 09 engine. So to upgrade from 05 wouldn’t have been the practical way. They literally started from scratch off 09
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 02-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Yea I’ve been reading they built it off the Madden 09 engine. So to upgrade from 05 wouldn’t have been the practical way. They literally started from scratch off 09
OK , let me clarify: I'm not saying drop HC 05 or 09 into Madden 20; I'm saying the history and framework by which they built it exists, so to build a similar front end management could be based off that previous learning, then the trick is find the way to connect the two (management results feed into the ratings/info used in the gameplay).

Yeah i get anything could be done and alot is wishes and hopes...the boards are littered with these things that folks want/wish for/demand but no mention how that want/wish/demand could be implemented; at least they've shown a management game could be made off the engine, so feasibility may be there, but other factors contribute to why nothing has been to where we hope it to be.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just wanted to say that I consider HC 09 to be my favorite game of all time. I've never been more addicted to a game.

I think I'm a bit of a weird gamer in that I love RPGs and LOVE football. HC 09 felt like an actual NFL Role Playing Game. It was remarkable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Just wanted to say that I consider HC 09 to be my favorite game of all time. I've never been more addicted to a game.

I think I'm a bit of a weird gamer in that I love RPGs and LOVE football. HC 09 felt like an actual NFL Role Playing Game. It was remarkable.
Then I guess I'm weird too...oh and I also love RPGs and Football.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

The coding may be different, but if Josh Looman and company could figure it out on older, less powerful systems, surely these devs can figure out how to code/implement HC09 features into current gen.

There's simply no reason the features from HC09 (and NCAA) can't be implemented if they really wanted to. It boils down to either they aren't allowed (because it's all about MUT and esports), they don't want to, or they don't have the capacity/talent to do so.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-12-2019, 05:49 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
The coding may be different, but if Josh Looman and company could figure it out on older, less powerful systems, surely these devs can figure out how to code/implement HC09 features into current gen.

There's simply no reason the features from HC09 (and NCAA) can't be implemented if they really wanted to. It boils down to either they aren't allowed (because it's all about MUT and esports), they don't want to, or they don't have the capacity/talent to do so.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Agree with your last paragraph, don't agree with the first paragraph. Different coding onto new coding plus legacy coding more than likely equals recipe for messing up parts of the game. Based on what AJ mentioned previously, older coding doesn't mesh/jive with newer coding.

I like Coach's idea the best, if they can work it into a front end management type of system, that would be nice.

Depends if they want to take it into that direction.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree with your last paragraph, don't agree with the first paragraph. Different coding onto new coding plus legacy coding more than likely equals recipe for messing up parts of the game. Based on what AJ mentioned previously, older coding doesn't mesh/jive with newer coding.

I like Coach's idea the best, if they can work it into a front end management type of system, that would be nice.

Depends if they want to take it into that direction.

You don't need to "mesh" the legacy coding in, they just need to replicate the logic with newer coding. In theory, it should be rather simple to add in, but it could be time consuming.

EA simply doesn't want to allocate resources for it for whatever reason. Probably because MUT makes them so much money that most of their devs are working on that. Let's face it, most gamers just want to play Madden and things like MUT appeal to casual and hardcore gamers.

Things like a super detailed franchise mode don't matter to anyone that doesn't frequent these forums. It is what it is. I wish it were different, but that's the reality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2019, 07:41 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed

Ha, and I thought I was the only one! I played that game every chance I got for 6 years straight. My only gripe was that once your team learned plays (what a great feature, BTW!), they were almost impossible to stop. Game was way too easy in the end, but I kept coming back for more. Proves how much fun it was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »