Home

Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

This is a discussion on Will we ever get a realistic Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2019, 09:21 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
There are 2 things about the statement above that stands out to me here.

I believe it was one person who made the nectar mod so many talk about and say makes madden play so good on PC. Maybe it was 2-5 . But , lets let just that sink in for a minute here. 1- 5 people were able to make a mod for a game in a few months to make it play really well ( i keep hearing).

Now , look again at Rex's statement. He didnt say , they would not allow small incrimental fixes to gameplay ( which is all we basically get). He said they would not allow gameplay fixes to be a main focus because its not "marketable"( which is so dumb). What he said was true and the above quite frankly proves that. If a few people can fix the gameplay drastically.... there is NO reason a multi million dollar company could not do the same in a few months of dev work for the next game. Its been known for a while they have devs for different parts of the game. The gameplay devs should be able to focus on fixing gameplay, while others focus on adding new things .Its not like they can not do both. The fact is , the suits dont want them putting much resources into it. The mods all but prove this point to me.
You could say same thing about any game on PC enhancing the game over the consoles counterpart.

Heck, HH Baseball was the ugliest game on consoles, but put that game on PC with mod enhancements and editors, it looked and played like a million dollar game.

I think those are entirely different points.

The PC crowd has talented people developing mods that enhance the game, the console crowd has sliders and coaching adjustments.

Until the profit driven suits are no longer in place, Madden will be what it is.

It's pretty much fact the suits stay in their positions and drive profits for the company and shareholders, the developers are the people that are leaving for whatever the reasons are.

Ideally, the gameplay elements from the past are fixed and nothing is said about it, but players notice. It's not on the back of the box or discussed in blogs, etc....

Now, will that happen?

Last edited by roadman; 02-12-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:45 PM   #18
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
There are 2 things about the statement above that stands out to me here.

I believe it was one person who made the nectar mod so many talk about and say makes madden play so good on PC. Maybe it was 2-5 . But , lets let just that sink in for a minute here. 1- 5 people were able to make a mod for a game in a few months to make it play really well ( i keep hearing).

Now , look again at Rex's statement. He didnt say , they would not allow small incrimental fixes to gameplay ( which is all we basically get). He said they would not allow gameplay fixes to be a main focus because its not "marketable"( which is so dumb). What he said was true and the above quite frankly proves that. If a few people can fix the gameplay drastically.... there is NO reason a multi million dollar company could not do the same in a few months of dev work for the next game. Its been known for a while they have devs for different parts of the game. The gameplay devs should be able to focus on fixing gameplay, while others focus on adding new things .Its not like they can not do both. The fact is , the suits dont want them putting much resources into it. The mods all but prove this point to me.
Rex's comment is what it is & obviously he was quick to back off and delete the tweet for whatever reason. No one really knows what his "fix" for gameplay & what was invovled in getting it there. Two ppl can have somewhat of the same vision but different ways to get the job done.

There are two sides to every story, so to just sorta hear one side of it and say yep "never" get anything fixed for gameplay & the suits dont want it, how is that factual? They rejected his strategy...so what hes not the boss - it happens everyday. Maybe he didnt sell it enough? Who knows

As far as modding gameplay its a ton of values that can be modified. Think of it as like 500 more sliders to deal with. Some of the coding as been looked at and figured out of when things happen, but mostly its changing EA's out of box vaules.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 02-12-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is going to sound ridiculous but Madden plays the way it does because that is exactly the way EA wants it to. All the warping and shifting is there to lessen the skill gap and create a competitive experience for all users. I know it sounds crazy but once you eliminate all of the Madden issues EA has created a top tier football game (on the field not in the menus). The best way I can explain it is, it is no longer Madden it is football. You all have 2 remember EA is designing this game for 5 year-olds and 55 year-olds alike.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #20
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

To answer the original question on whether we will ever get a realistic Madden. The answer is - NO. Realism is subjective and relative. Also, for the fact that WE as watchers of the the video game, know it is a video game, will never be able to convince ourselves that it is realistic because we know it is not.

It will always be a random number result and not realistic in our minds. But, if the universe, life, is just chaotic, random occurrences, then Madden is realistic.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 02-12-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #21
Rookie

I get where you are coming from 4thQtr but I think what everyone means by realism in Madden is eliminating forced outcomes. Like suction tackles, faster players caught by slower non-angle taking guys, warping, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2019, 12:12 PM   #22
MVP

saintrules's Arena

The best thing that EA can do is focus on making their game truly elite in one or two areas, right now it's average or below in almost every single area...

Take a game like The Show for example, top notch presentation and elite level gameplay, making it one of the best sports games out there. Even though it has questionable parts to the game, it at least goes full out in two major parts and to me it provides the fan base with enough of a "realistic" game to where nobody is creating a thread every day about the game.

NCAA 14 is another decent example... That game had average presentation, even for 2014 standards, but absolutely excelled in gameplay on the field and had such a deep off-field environment.

Last edited by saintrules; 02-13-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #23
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
To answer the original question on whether we will ever get a realistic Madden. The answer is - NO. Realism is subjective and relative. Also, for the fact that WE as watchers of the the video game, know it is a video game, will never be able to convince ourselves that it is realistic because we know it is not.

It will always be a random number result and not realistic in our minds. But, if the universe, life, is just chaotic, random occurrences, then Madden is realistic.
This is a cop out. If what you say is true then you should be able to look me in the eye and with a straight face tell me that Madden 19 is not more realistic than Tecmo Bowl. I'm assuming it goes without saying that you can't.

The point is, the game can always be made more realistic.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:56 PM   #24
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
This is a cop out. If what you say is true then you should be able to look me in the eye and with a straight face tell me that Madden 19 is not more realistic than Tecmo Bowl. I'm assuming it goes without saying that you can't.

The point is, the game can always be made more realistic.
There is a difference between "realistic" and "more realistic than."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »