Home

Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

This is a discussion on Will we ever get a realistic Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #25
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

I got one word for you "patches"

Patches made gaming companies lazy! When this game first dropped on access, you could not unrealistically pick passed off and cover ground the way you do now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules

Take a game like The Show for example, top notch presentation and elite level gameplay, making it one of the best sports games out there. Even though it has questionable parts to the game, it at least goes full out in two major parts and to me it provides the fan base with enough of a "realistic" game to where nobody is creating a thread every day about the game.
On of my favorite things is to see Madden folks hold The Show up as an example to emulate, only to go to the the show forum, where the game is being ripped apart, and see them hail Madden as as an example to follow. And for the record, The Show forum is ripping this year's game and the upcoming game apart.

The reality is, both games are fun if you stop wasting time on expectations and appreciate the games for what they do. But this zeal for the ultimate sim is destroying sports gaming for a ton of gamers. This entire site is awash with toxic posts that slam games, devs, and anyone that doesn't embrace the sim ethos.

You might be surprised how easy it is to get on with your life, even if your favorite sport is not be represented with a video game you like. I would say that time I spent not playing baseball and football games actually helped me appreciate the current state of sports games more. Actually, I went years without a baseball, football, or basketball game I really liked.

I love sports, and spend a ton of time watching, reading, and listening to sports and those that cover them. I got into fantasy baseball and football in part because those past games that so many of you hold up as classics were, to me, terrible and not worth playing.

There is also an issue with getting so good at a game that it no longer works for you. A ton of people absolutely destroyed their ability to enjoy sports games by obsessively mastering them, making all the flaws easy to see, and the AI pitifully easy to beat.

For a lot games, that's not a big deal. You move on to something else. But sports games are basically the same every year. You master Master Madden 18, and you are already in line to master Madden 19. That's not a flaw, that's just the breaks. This is not an issue from most of their annual customers who play and enjoy the game for an hour or two a week. But for the ones that obsess and post the most, it can destroy the fun of playing.

So you see the flaws in Madden and see The Show as doing it right. But those more obsessed with the The Show can appreciate Madden. Maybe just play the other game and wait on Madden, or a new entry, to change in a way you like.

It doesn't even have to be done in a huff and out of anger. It can be an understanding of how the gaming industry works, and focusing on what actually brings you joy, and cutting down the time on games that annoy the crap out of you.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #27
Rookie

Jayhawk I never played the show but I heard their presentation is unbelievable, this is an area Madden really needs to improve. CFM is embarrassing compared to 2005, but as far as on the field gameplay, I have somewhat inside knowledge it wont change until it has to.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:58 PM   #28
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318boy
Jayhawk I never played the show but I heard their presentation is unbelievable, this is an area Madden really needs to improve. CFM is embarrassing compared to 2005, but as far as on the field gameplay, I have somewhat inside knowledge it wont change until it has to.
Tbh, I know I'm in the minority here but I think the shows presentation is dry, dull, & boring. Then again I'm not that big of a baseball fan like I used to be. Gameplay, great game obviously. The thing with presentation probably 85% of the ppl that play skip what Madden has now, so why invest the resources in it? So I kinda get why it's on the back burner every yr.

Playing:
Old 02-14-2019, 03:25 AM   #29
Rookie

Milticket you make a great point, while reading your post I just realized that I skip almost all cutscenes unless it is a replay. Hey Milly, quick question on pc nectar are u guys able to eliminate or reduce warping.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #30
Rookie

Realism in sports games can mean many things and is different for all. What I want is a balance of a fun gaming experience while providing an authentic experience on want I see on Sunday’s.
There are many aspects that don’t do it for me in Madden, from animation quality to logical gameplay mechanics.
Animation quality and player movement is huge for me along with player interactions, in madden’s current state none of these to me hold any weight and are absolutely subpar to downright atrocious for next gen gaming.
Madden needs to improve these aspects in my eyes until then I’ll stick to a 12 year old football game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #31
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

All I want is a BELIEVABLE version of Madden. Get rid of the ridiculous hits and catches, get rid of the bad ball physics on tip drills, clean up as much of the suction and warping as possible, smooth out the change-in-direction animations in coverage. Make good pocket formation and interior push matter (that's half the issue in the game - you should not have 5 seconds to throw - you should not be able to escape the pocket on every pass play). If they spent an entire cycle re-working the entire lineplay system from the ground-up, it could absolutely transform the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #32
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

During an interview in August Clint said something about it being a design decision to not have the interior pocket collapse. I was very disappointed to hear that. I will look for that interview when I get home this evening.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »