Home

Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

This is a discussion on Will we ever get a realistic Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2019, 10:33 AM   #33
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
On of my favorite things is to see Madden folks hold The Show up as an example to emulate, only to go to the the show forum, where the game is being ripped apart, and see them hail Madden as as an example to follow. And for the record, The Show forum is ripping this year's game and the upcoming game apart.

The reality is, both games are fun if you stop wasting time on expectations and appreciate the games for what they do. But this zeal for the ultimate sim is destroying sports gaming for a ton of gamers. This entire site is awash with toxic posts that slam games, devs, and anyone that doesn't embrace the sim ethos.

You might be surprised how easy it is to get on with your life, even if your favorite sport is not be represented with a video game you like. I would say that time I spent not playing baseball and football games actually helped me appreciate the current state of sports games more. Actually, I went years without a baseball, football, or basketball game I really liked.

I love sports, and spend a ton of time watching, reading, and listening to sports and those that cover them. I got into fantasy baseball and football in part because those past games that so many of you hold up as classics were, to me, terrible and not worth playing.

There is also an issue with getting so good at a game that it no longer works for you. A ton of people absolutely destroyed their ability to enjoy sports games by obsessively mastering them, making all the flaws easy to see, and the AI pitifully easy to beat.

For a lot games, that's not a big deal. You move on to something else. But sports games are basically the same every year. You master Master Madden 18, and you are already in line to master Madden 19. That's not a flaw, that's just the breaks. This is not an issue from most of their annual customers who play and enjoy the game for an hour or two a week. But for the ones that obsess and post the most, it can destroy the fun of playing.

So you see the flaws in Madden and see The Show as doing it right. But those more obsessed with the The Show can appreciate Madden. Maybe just play the other game and wait on Madden, or a new entry, to change in a way you like.

It doesn't even have to be done in a huff and out of anger. It can be an understanding of how the gaming industry works, and focusing on what actually brings you joy, and cutting down the time on games that annoy the crap out of you.
Woah cowboy, some of the biggest names on the The Show forum have been saying 18 is one of the best MLB games to date & not once EVER (quote it and I'll believe you) has somebody said Madden is a game to follow...that's almost laughable my dude.

The fact of the matter is that I love MLB The Show 18, OOTP 19, NBA 2K19, as well as many other current sports games, even if they have "flaws". The thing is, those sports games might have flaws, but their entire game isn't flawed. I do not think I'm chasing games of the past, I simply think Madden gave half effort in every single aspect of their game this year & the last couple of years. They can easily reverse that trend if they really spend time on making one or two aspects of their game top notch.

Last edited by saintrules; 02-14-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

There is some low hanging fruit in the off the field areas that could add some realism to the game. One example would be revamping contracts so that you need fours years of service time to be an unrestricted free agent
Old 02-14-2019, 01:44 PM   #35
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
As far as modding gameplay its a ton of values that can be modified. Think of it as like 500 more sliders to deal with. Some of the coding as been looked at and figured out of when things happen, but mostly its changing EA's out of box vaules.
so this is something a multi billion dollar company can not do? Thats my thing here. They can , they just wont . Thus to answer OP question, the answer is a simple no, we wont ever get realistic madden because they dont want to put the resources into it ( even though it only took a 1-a couple people to mod it to play much more realistic)

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
so this is something a multi billion dollar company can not do? Thats my thing here. They can , they just wont . Thus to answer OP question, the answer is a simple no, we wont ever get realistic madden because they dont want to put the resources into it ( even though it only took a 1-a couple people to mod it to play much more realistic)
I'm not sure if it's resources or whatever the flavor reason of the month is, but older type coding and new technology sometimes just doesn't mesh well.

Here is something I noticed on Twitter when people were discussing the lack of quality with Madden and this was just a day or 2 ago:

All software has bugs. It's a constant balance between what you can and cannot fix, and prioritization.

Some bugfixes ship to current product, some only fixed in next branch/release.

I do agree with your answer, the game won't be as realistic as some people want it to be, with realistic being a subjective term, however, the way the current management team is structured(a few levels above Clint), I don't see the focus changing from where it currently is.

Last edited by roadman; 02-14-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #37
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Woah cowboy, some of the biggest names on the The Show forum have been saying 18 is one of the best MLB games to date & not once EVER (quote it and I'll believe you) has somebody said Madden is a game to follow...that's almost laughable my dude.

The fact of the matter is that I love MLB The Show 18, OOTP 19, NBA 2K19, as well as many other current sports games, even if they have "flaws". The thing is, those sports games might have flaws, but their entire game isn't flawed. I do not think I'm chasing games of the past, I simply think Madden gave half effort in every single aspect of their game this year & the last couple of years. They can easily reverse that trend if they really spend time on making one or two aspects of their game top notch.
Then I'll say it lol. I wish the Show's franchise mode was like Madden's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
There is some low hanging fruit in the off the field areas that could add some realism to the game. One example would be revamping contracts so that you need fours years of service time to be an unrestricted free agent
Yeah, that will move copies of the game!

Old 02-14-2019, 03:51 PM   #39
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Then I'll say it lol. I wish the Show's franchise mode was like Madden's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Why?

As someone who's played 10+ seasons in both The Show & Madden 16, 17, and 18, I could never wrap my head around this statement. This is the Madden sub so I'll try and keep it Madden related, but there isn't one single thing from Madden I wish was implemented into The Show, not a single one.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #40
Rookie

It seems all of EA's resources would focus more on game modes, I would like everything back from 04-05. Like I keep mentioning though not much will be improved on-the-field because its already fixed. Things that you think have been broken for years are just fine. Like the challenge system for example, once you tune your game to eliminate warping, challenges are as realistic as ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »