Home

Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

This is a discussion on Will we ever get a realistic Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #41
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Why?

As someone who's played 10+ seasons in both The Show & Madden 16, 17, and 18, I could never wrap my head around this statement. This is the Madden sub so I'll try and keep it Madden related, but there isn't one single thing from Madden I wish was implemented into The Show, not a single one.
Personally

Madden's progression results are more realistic
The draft is more exciting
The menu+news system keeps me more engaged with the franchise.
Progression sliders
Coaches have more impact/ actually getting notified if a coaching change occurs.
Better trade system and trade/roster logic (after the patches)
The coach/player/owner set up

I just feel more engaged with the mode

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #42
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
so this is something a multi billion dollar company can not do? Thats my thing here. They can , they just wont . Thus to answer OP question, the answer is a simple no, we wont ever get realistic madden because they dont want to put the resources into it ( even though it only took a 1-a couple people to mod it to play much more realistic)
Well that's your opinion and that's fine. Just because people make gameplay mods doesn't mean everything is better than what EA is doing. EA has millions of ppl to cater too. I would try the mods yourself first, than to just assume there more realistic. You must not be following the gameplay mods discord because ppl have issues with them all the time. Negative & positive. Devs are looking at the gameplay mods on PC.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 02-15-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #43
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Well that's your opinion and that's fine. Just because people make gameplay mods doesn't mean everything is better than what EA is doing. EA has millions of ppl to cater too. I would try the mods yourself first, than to just assume there more realistic. You must not be following the gameplay mods discord because ppl have issues with them all the time. Negative & positive. Devs are looking at the gameplay mods on PC.
Sorry i dont have 1000$ or even 700$ to sink into a gaming pc. But while people may have some issues with the mods( never said anything would be or is perfect) many have praised how the nectar mod made alot of things play out much better than what ea creates. I take their word for it . But not droping that kinda money to find out, not worth it to me, when i only play online in our league to begin with , would do me no good.

The point that it only takes a couple people though to improve gameplay. I dont care if they have 10 million people to cater to. This is supposed to be a football game. Oline men should not still be just letting people walk past them and ignoring them while they dance around and do nothing. Qbs should be able to have some form of touch on passes to throw over an lb but under a saftey to complete a pass. I could go on , but pretty sure you get the point. These are fundamental things to the game of football. If they are not catering to football, then its not a football game then imo.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 02-15-2019, 01:47 PM   #44
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Sorry i dont have 1000$ or even 700$ to sink into a gaming pc. But while people may have some issues with the mods( never said anything would be or is perfect) many have praised how the nectar mod made alot of things play out much better than what ea creates. I take their word for it . But not droping that kinda money to find out, not worth it to me, when i only play online in our league to begin with , would do me no good.

The point that it only takes a couple people though to improve gameplay. I dont care if they have 10 million people to cater to. This is supposed to be a football game. Oline men should not still be just letting people walk past them and ignoring them while they dance around and do nothing. Qbs should be able to have some form of touch on passes to throw over an lb but under a saftey to complete a pass. I could go on , but pretty sure you get the point. These are fundamental things to the game of football. If they are not catering to football, then its not a football game then imo.
Thats my point. Your assuming things without actually trying the mods or even eperiencing them for yourself and just saying there more realistic. Kinda defeats your stance, but good luck with the crusade vs EA!. I'm not trying to be that guy but it seems like it's just another thing to pile on EA for without validating. I"ll just leave it at that & move foward.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 02-15-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:28 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 4

As one of the guys who is modding the game to be more realistic, theres a bigger problem at hand that most don't seem to want to grasp..

This game was built on a VERY old engine and it just kept getting tweaked over with new teams every three years.. so sometimes im editing one thing in the game and then it ends up breaking something completely different... On top of that, my mod brings a completely different version of the game that you get at default but its still Madden at the end of the day...

and dont forget, theres two different crowds they have to build this game for, the sim guys and the comp guys... most sim guys love the feel/look of my mod but if I posted it in the comp scene they legit would clown on it and "tweet" all of the random QB misfires or 10 penalties or WR dropping open passes... because they dont want to replicate sundays, they just want to play a video game and nothing is wrong with that...

Regardless of the whole bash EA for not caring about realism crowd thinks, im a firm believer they do but its too damn hard to appeal to both crowds...

The simple fix IMO would be to have a TRUE sim mode that you can only use in CFM, that way the h2h crowd would care less about it... and in that mode you do all of the things that i've been able to accomplish with my mod...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
As one of the guys who is modding the game to be more realistic, theres a bigger problem at hand that most don't seem to want to grasp..

This game was built on a VERY old engine and it just kept getting tweaked over with new teams every three years.. so sometimes im editing one thing in the game and then it ends up breaking something completely different... On top of that, my mod brings a completely different version of the game that you get at default but its still Madden at the end of the day...

and dont forget, theres two different crowds they have to build this game for, the sim guys and the comp guys... most sim guys love the feel/look of my mod but if I posted it in the comp scene they legit would clown on it and "tweet" all of the random QB misfires or 10 penalties or WR dropping open passes... because they dont want to replicate sundays, they just want to play a video game and nothing is wrong with that...

Regardless of the whole bash EA for not caring about realism crowd thinks, im a firm believer they do but its too damn hard to appeal to both crowds...

The simple fix IMO would be to have a TRUE sim mode that you can only use in CFM, that way the h2h crowd would care less about it... and in that mode you do all of the things that i've been able to accomplish with my mod...
And just to piggyback off of this, Schmitty just made a live video yesterday on his Twitter account.

3 or 4 different times he brought up the fact that the executives need to allow the developers to make the game that they want. If the executives don't allow that to happen, then Madden will be the same game going into the future.

Last edited by roadman; 02-15-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well what they should do then is have a true simulation mode thats more like a real game and leave it as is for the arcade NFL Blitz type of players that has all the corny crap I mentioned in my first post. Then you can choose which you want to play online too.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:03 PM   #48
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter75
Well what they should do then is have a true simulation mode thats more like a real game and leave it as is for the arcade NFL Blitz type of players that has all the corny crap I mentioned in my first post. Then you can choose which you want to play online too.
That's what thery're trying to do now with the different game modes, but it really hasn't made that much of an impact imo. More doors closing than opening it seems. No matter what game mode your playing on, everyone is still playing the same core of Madden, the values are just set differently to tailor that specific mode. So while changing those values with gameplay mods can make the experience better or worse, it's still the same Madden core, however you dice it.

Sidenote: I would say atleast half of the things that you can edit with frosty editor on PC is universal. So not all the values are split up by mode and are Univeral values. So it's not 100% divided into the 3 modes.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 02-15-2019 at 07:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »