Home

-18 Million - Oakland Raiders

This is a discussion on -18 Million - Oakland Raiders within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
-18 Million - Oakland Raiders

I just started my Oakland Raiders Owner Mode Franchise, and I started in the off-season. In the beginning, it starts me off with $20 million in Finances.

I didn't do much in Free Agency, and after all of my signings, I probably ended with about $15 million to spare.

However, after my first draft, all of a sudden I'm down to -$18 million in finances. What happened here!?

I took a look at finances in the Owner Mode tab, and it seems Player Salaries are taking up most of my financials. How do I lower this to recoup some of the money I lost during the year? (without bonusing myself $5 million in the settings menu)

Do I have to release players with high signing bonuses? I'm confused on how this is working at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: -18 Million - Oakland Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
I just started my Oakland Raiders Owner Mode Franchise, and I started in the off-season. In the beginning, it starts me off with $20 million in Finances.

I didn't do much in Free Agency, and after all of my signings, I probably ended with about $15 million to spare.

However, after my first draft, all of a sudden I'm down to -$18 million in finances. What happened here!?

I took a look at finances in the Owner Mode tab, and it seems Player Salaries are taking up most of my financials. How do I lower this to recoup some of the money I lost during the year? (without bonusing myself $5 million in the settings menu)

Do I have to release players with high signing bonuses? I'm confused on how this is working at this point.
I know its frustrating and unrealistic, but the only way to play a CFM with my Raiders is to fire Gruden and his freaking 100M contract. I fire him right before my first preseason game and then sign him back in week 2 preseason. From now on you shouldnt have any problems with your finances!
Unsexy but the only way imo
Old 04-05-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Appreciate the feedback! Thankfully I just started, and with the news of a new patch coming out, glad I didn't get too far into it.

I'll go ahead and do what you recommended, and hopefully, it'll fix that I won't have negative funds any longer.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Appreciate the feedback! Thankfully I just started, and with the news of a new patch coming out, glad I didn't get too far into it.

I'll go ahead and do what you recommended, and hopefully, it'll fix that I won't have negative funds any longer.
What news of a patch coming? I havent seen anything.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

I guess take it with a grain of salt, but I saw mention of it on Eric Rayweather's YouTube channel, and also in Matt10's slider thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

You can also always add finances to your team in the user teams menu 5 million at a time. That's what I usually do because the budget system is so screwed up in owner mode on Madden. I really just want a GM mode added in to franchise, I don't want to handle all of the things in owner mode but I don't want to just be the coach either. I want to handle the actual football operations of the team like a GM so I usually start as an owner. That way of my team underperforms and I decide it's time for a new direction I can fire the coach and hire a new coach that runs the scheme I want to run.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
I guess take it with a grain of salt, but I saw mention of it on Eric Rayweather's YouTube channel, and also in Matt10's slider thread.
I believe some people have heard mention of an April patch coming out but I believe it will only be small gameplay tweaks. Especially since the budget system in owner mode has been messed up for years now I don't see a new patch including a fox for that.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

It will work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »