Home

This game in an unrealistic joke

This is a discussion on This game in an unrealistic joke within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 01:53 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: This game in an unrealistic joke

.....not on pc though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-28-2019, 01:56 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Honestly, every time I see a "I hate this game" thread, I respond that your anger should not be towards EA-- Blame 2k and blame the NFL.

For whatever reasons, the NFL is the one to decide it wanted exclusivity. Not really sure why. I highly doubt the NFL brand was hurt back when Madden, 2k, and 989 sports were making games.

But blame 2k as well. Instead of viewing it as an opportunity when Madden bought the license, 2k simply threw up their hands and said 'welp... guess we need to pack up" Then three years later, the come out with a half butted effort in APF 2k8.

Hate to say it, but spread that anger around.
Why even be angry about it at all? Even if the NFL never insisted on exclusivity I'd be willing to bet there would still only be one legit NFL game on the market.

There were several years during the 360/PS3, and even into the PS4/XBO eras that I skipped because they simply weren't very good. The games took huge steps backwards when the 360/PS3 debuted, and the deficiencies didn't really start to get ironed out until M18.

All those wasted years of development are the real reason the game lags behind its potential today, imo. I suppose that's EA's fault, but there's no sense in getting mad about that, either.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:04 PM   #11
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
.....not on pc though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have to say the modding on PC has been excellent. Game is not a joke on PC and Is probably the best I've ever played in regards to a football game tbh. EA still needs to fix things like player movement & innovate.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 02:06 PM   #12
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Why even be angry about it at all? Even if the NFL never insisted on exclusivity I'd be willing to bet there would still only be one legit NFL game on the market.

There were several years during the 360/PS3, and even into the PS4/XBO eras that I skipped because they simply weren't very good. The games took huge steps backwards when the 360/PS3 debuted, and the deficiencies didn't really start to get ironed out until M18.

All those wasted years of development are the real reason the game lags behind its potential today, imo. I suppose that's EA's fault, but there's no sense in getting mad about that, either.
Certainly possible. Despite the MLB license being open, and there having been several excellent MLB games a decade ago, all we have left now for serious baseball is MLB the Show . . .
Old 02-28-2019, 02:37 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

You already have basically this exact same thread that is still open. We do not need two threads discussing the same thing.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »