Home

Salary Cap question

This is a discussion on Salary Cap question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Salary Cap question

Im in year 7 of my offline CFM. On my Salaries screen it says my Cap is $204M my Salaries are $119M, Cap Space $85.6M.

When I goto sign Free Agents it also says my available cap space is $85.6M and will let me sign players, but on my Re-Sign my players screen when i go to negotiate every player defaults to 1 year, $650k salary $0 bonus and says my cap space is -$2.79M and wont let me re-sign anyone cause i dont have enough cap space.

Any idea what is the problem here and how to fix it so i can Re-Sign my own players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Salary Cap question

You probably have a ton of picks in the upcoming draft. The game takes the cap hits from those picks into account when you're going through the offseason.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you're in owner mode make sure you have enough team money for signing bonuses.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2019, 06:46 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy25
Im in year 7 of my offline CFM. On my Salaries screen it says my Cap is $204M my Salaries are $119M, Cap Space $85.6M.

When I goto sign Free Agents it also says my available cap space is $85.6M and will let me sign players, but on my Re-Sign my players screen when i go to negotiate every player defaults to 1 year, $650k salary $0 bonus and says my cap space is -$2.79M and wont let me re-sign anyone cause i dont have enough cap space.

Any idea what is the problem here and how to fix it so i can Re-Sign my own players?
When you go to re-sign players for the next league year, you true cap space will change based on accelerated bonuses regarding the rest of your roster for that year. However, that should not affect your cap space at the enormous rate you are experiencing. Just wanted to pass this along in case you run into it in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »