Home

Can Madden 20 please upgrade franchise mode / the off-season AI?

This is a discussion on Can Madden 20 please upgrade franchise mode / the off-season AI? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Can Madden 20 please upgrade franchise mode / the off-season AI?

Look at how much excitement has been generated during the tampering period.

I hope we get the same thing in Madden 20 where we can bid for a couple of days before signing. Also allow the market be set based on other contracts around the league. If another 80 ovr WR was given 13 mil a year an 81 ovr should be asking for a similar amount.

Have the GMs be more aggressive with addressing holes prior to the draft.

Bring back coordinators (position coordinators as well) and the small bonuses they bring. Get rid of this rpg crap and let them grow based on experience and performance. Allow retired players to become position coaching then O/D coordinators and eventually head coaches.

Add an “importance” attribute that doesnt effect overall but instead inflates trade value. This way day 1 draft choices are almost never cut /traded and old Vets are devalued.

Bring back the old scouting system where player traits were described by scouts instead of grades. Accuracy determined by the level of your scouts/GM so that they matter as well.

Have CPU teams form their own draft boards based on team needs/fit and their own scouting info. Have cpu teams managed their cap better/worse depending on their GMs ratings.

Instead of team fit allowing players to progress faster just give a small chemistry boost like in MUT. Most players should be progressing through snaps,practice, and on the field plays.

Add new stats! We should have access to pressures, hurries, QB hits, DB targets, yards per route run, run stops, OVOA,DVOA ect.

And please fix the sliders so that they all work properly and work on a scale of 0-100(no more “yes/no” I shouldnt be worried about breaking the game from adjusting a slider. I should able to see holding if the slider is jacked up.

Add more QB tendencies. Right now they all play the same.

Give me even half of this list and I’d buy Madden again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Can Madden 20 please upgrade franchise mode / the off-season AI?

And make the game harder. All-Madden is too easy even with all these house rules.......

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 03-13-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Elphalpha's Arena

I still can't believe that the contract system is so bad, despite it being one of the easiest fixes ever.

No 5th year options for 1st round picks

No RFA options

No rookie deals for players that are undrafted or signed midseason (i've given up on so many promising rookies because they wanted 3 million a season at 22)

No contract negotiation options

No front-loaded contracts, Back-loaded contracts

No guaranteed money (just signing bonus lmao)

and more

I refuse to believe that the devs not implementing this makes it solely their fault and not anyone else higher-up (like the rumors that spread). It's sad because the people in charge don't really care about the game as much as they'd like to say they do. The devs are just lazy and it comes as no surprise to anyone
Bucks
Old 03-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

The current scouting system is boring and tedious. There is very little true involvement in scouting a player outside of mashing the button to spend points. Finding those gems is simply a matter of stumbling upon them. There needs to be a better way to scout in order to really feel like you've discovered someone others haven't other than what amounts to a lottery system and just spending enough points in your areas of need to make sure you know who to pick.

The actual draft is boring af. I don't know what they did to make it worse, but gone is Adam Schefter talking about each draft pick. The combine and draft are supposed to be HUGE events! They're supposed to be game changers. It should feel like it. Those big draft picks should be highlighted and discussed somehow. Heck, show some "college highlights" of the draft pick. Get Mel Kiper in there.

I absolutely hate the whole "scheme" concept and how it plays out. Nice theory, bad execution. I also hate player progression that is tied to it. That I have to sacrifice upgrading my QBs accuracy in order to keep him in the proper "scheme" is asinine.

Contracts are borked and stupid, as has been said. Agreed with above.

I could keep going, but I won't for now. Won't make a difference for the next Madden anyways. At this point, I'm sure it's feature locked.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #5
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Well , i think anyone with any sense thats been alive and playing madden the past 10 years should know, you should keep your "hopes" for anything added to franchise and madden at a bare bare minimum in expecations at the least of. Nothing has or will change about that, its just reality.

Since it seems its somehow a huge no no to talk about leaks ( true or not) here, I'll leave out info on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The current scouting system is boring and tedious. There is very little true involvement in scouting a player outside of mashing the button to spend points. Finding those gems is simply a matter of stumbling upon them. There needs to be a better way to scout in order to really feel like you've discovered someone others haven't other than what amounts to a lottery system and just spending enough points in your areas of need to make sure you know who to pick.
I could not agree more. I have hated this new system since they started it. I get it , its for casuals to "get them interested in it" because they have an attention span of a 5 year old . But man it is just boring. At least in the old system of madden 15, each coach had to decide from all the attributes a player has, they are going to spend their points on. Everyone spent a certain % of their points on speed and accel and some strength grades. This left you with a smaller pool of points left and then you had to decide , based on what you want from your players , what to spend the rest on. This allowed for you to feel like you actually may have found a gem. Not only that, but because every team looking for the player at that position didnt see the exact same things, some of the other teams may have overlooked the player and you find them later in the draft.

With this new system , none of that is even remotely possible anymore. Everything is known the same by everyone. I get it that seems "realsitic" but really its not, some teams overlook players ( russell wilson anyone?) because what some teams see when they look at a player they may not see what they are looking for in him, others see what they are looking for in one. This system is so bland and simplistic, its rather sad.

Quote:
I absolutely hate the whole "scheme" concept and how it plays out. Nice theory, bad execution. I also hate player progression that is tied to it. That I have to sacrifice upgrading my QBs accuracy in order to keep him in the proper "scheme" is asinine.
Yes in theory sounded good, but realy does not do that much in reality. I still see most guys draft for best player not caring 1 bit about scheme matching.Could they build on it this year, sure they can. The question is will they? Or will they just leave it half done ? Yet to be determined.

Quote:
Contracts are borked and stupid, as has been said. Agreed with above.

I could keep going, but I won't for now. Won't make a difference for the next Madden anyways. At this point, I'm sure it's feature locked.
Yup anyone who has played this game and watches any football or news on it knows how bad the contract stuff is. As well as free agency . No doubt the next madden already has its "agendas" set . Maybe they add one tiny thing people ask for . But if anyone thinks its gonna get much, just gotta say , stop fooling yourself now and save yourself the headache. Even the year they "focused on franchise" and " franchise got the most resources ever" it still was lackluster year for additions and improvements to it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 03-13-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #6
Rookie

DallasFan39's Arena

I wish that us sim guys/girls would start speaking with our wallets. I think if we all make our demands clear start a pettion we might can get at least some of what we want. This is the only Football game that has the NFL license and it is being wasted. If there aren’t any major improvements done on this game then I won’t be buying it. I hope more people will join me.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I believe M20 will expand on CFM/Career. I believe there is a true desire to create an NFL football world in Madden.

The off season is one of my favorite times of the year and just look at the FA deals/signings going on. I hope EA/Tib will not overlook, too much longer, the importance of the off season and what goes into building a team.

Building a team, IMO, is the greatest experience. If I just wanted to win Super Bowls in Madden, I would just play as teh Patriots.

Even in MUT, Salary Cap is an amazing game mode, IMO of course. Building a team to compete with other players is so much fun. Just need to iron out the game play hiccups, animations, etc. which can lead to an unsatisfactory visual experience.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:06 PM   #8
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

"Get rid of this rpg crap and let them grow based on experience and performance."

That kind of sounds like the XP system they already have in place? Players play well get XP based on performance, do they not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »