Home

Le'veon Bell On IR

This is a discussion on Le'veon Bell On IR within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2019, 07:51 PM   #25
Rookie

thedude2k's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Le'veon Bell On IR

Any updates on this? I just picked up Madden ‘19 (pre-owned). I haven’t bought a Madden game in over 3 years. This isn’t game breaking for me, but it’s pretty disappointing. I wanted to start a new franchise mode with the current free agency moves...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2019, 10:34 PM   #26
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude2k
Any updates on this? I just picked up Madden ‘19 (pre-owned). I haven’t bought a Madden game in over 3 years. This isn’t game breaking for me, but it’s pretty disappointing. I wanted to start a new franchise mode with the current free agency moves...
There is a work around in an online franchise to make sure certain guys hit free agency. Use the superbowl as your starting point. For your character pick one of the players that you want to be a free agent. In week 1 of the offseason ask to be released, then retire that character and create a new one as the next player that you want to be a free agent. Unfortunately in an online franchise you can only have one character at a time so you wont be able to control multiple teams to make sure the free agents are signed by their correct teams.

There is another possible work around, I haven't tried it because it would be a big time commitment. If you started an offline franchise you could use the force win feature for every week to get the correct record and standings. In an offline franchise you can create multiple characters so you could take control of the teams you need to, I believe there is a way to set up 32 team control. The big downside to this is you wont get the correct stats for the season.

I don't get why we can't use the feature where you can start at any point during the actual season in an offline franchise. It would make much easier for guys like us that like to try replicate the actual offseason or as close to it as we can.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #27
Rookie

I used a roster that created a new Bell and put him on the Jets, then made the current Bell's attributes all zeros so he's like a 12 overall rating.

What I actually did was turn the "real" Bell into "Bo Jackson" as part of a franchise I am doing where I am treating my team as an "expansion team".

My team sucks I have a bunch of 70-75 rated veteran scrubs as starters but I have Bo Jackson and drafted Murray at least lol.

But yeah this whole IR thing is a pain in the ***. For online games I get why it's needed, and for people who want to play with people on IR in a franchise I get it. But they should let us EDIT IT IF WE WANT. It's quite absurd that we can't toggle it on or off.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:09 PM   #28
Rookie

thedude2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
I used a roster that created a new Bell and put him on the Jets, then made the current Bell's attributes all zeros so he's like a 12 overall rating.

What I actually did was turn the "real" Bell into "Bo Jackson" as part of a franchise I am doing where I am treating my team as an "expansion team".

My team sucks I have a bunch of 70-75 rated veteran scrubs as starters but I have Bo Jackson and drafted Murray at least lol.

But yeah this whole IR thing is a pain in the ***. For online games I get why it's needed, and for people who want to play with people on IR in a franchise I get it. But they should let us EDIT IT IF WE WANT. It's quite absurd that we can't toggle it on or off.

Does it only effect on-line franchise? I plan on playing off-line.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-22-2019, 04:03 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
where is the injury-free roster?!?!?!?! ridiculous....not only that, they are promoting the free agent madden ultimate team cards for bell and other free agents as well. if that's not shameless, i don't know what is.
I must be missing something obvious, but is there a reason setting Pre-Existing Injury to off when starting the franchise won't work?
Old 03-22-2019, 06:03 AM   #30
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
I must be missing something obvious, but is there a reason setting Pre-Existing Injury to off when starting the franchise won't work?
That would work once you bring the roster in to franchise. But I think the issue people are having is they are trying to create a roster with all of the actual offseason moves that have happened so far outside of franchise mode. The problem is the game won't let you move around players that are on injured reserve. I feel like EA usually always releases an injury free roster at the end of the season every year it's stupid that they haven't yet.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:14 AM   #31
Pro

Gotcha. So it's an issue on rosters that are being created/edited outside of franchise mode.

Another ignorant question: how extensive is that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #32
Rookie

Fuming_Gizzard's Arena

What the **** is this ****??? I just bought Madden 19 and wanted to update the rosters with the big Free agent moves. Its annoying enough to have to release all the players and then sign them in a seperate menu, but now I can't move Bell off the Steelers because he's on IR? AND I CANT REMOVE HIM FROM IR? EA can suck my ****ing ******* holy ****

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »