Home

Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.21 Available - Addresses Falling Forward Issue

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.21 Available - Addresses Falling Forward Issue within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.21 Available - Addresses Falling Forward Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Yeah im starting to realize there is a difference in what we play. The cpu vs cpu fans are watching the game play out the way it should with no user input so the animations come out smooth and realistic

User players have a tendency to smash the joystick up when getting tackled so this probably had a lot to do with the over use of this animation appearing

There needs to be a balance between both. Users just want realism and cpu vs cpu guys get more realistic animations because the cpu doesn’t have to create imbalance against itself. Bottom line EA has never made a realistic running game or passing game. Fight for yards was great idea but never implemented correctly. In real football any offense players can attempt to gain extra yards even though it may not work out that way!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #50
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yeah im starting to realize there is a difference in what we play. The cpu vs cpu fans are watching the game play out the way it should with no user input so the animations come out smooth and realistic

User players have a tendency to smash the joystick up when getting tackled so this probably had a lot to do with the over use of this animation appearing
Might be easier to get the convo going without the pointless self righteous, holier than though attitude. Watching cpu v cpu games doesnt make you a "sim" player and everyone else an online joystick smashing non sim player. There are plenty of people who like to play against the cpu or another person and "gasp!" Play online, that also want a sim experience.

Your opinion is not the "right" and "realistic" one just because you watch the games and consider yourself sim. Most of the people, including myself, want a sim game and I thought the fall forward glitch was bad. It made it unplayable for me, for all the reasons already given in this forum.

The game needs real physics. It needs to respect size, speed, and momentum. It doesn't. Adding a ,everyone falls forward no matter the size or direction the guy is going glitch, is not more realistic than if they never fall forward. Neither way respects physics or momentum.

Most of us on here want the same thing. Presenting your frustrations that way and alienating people doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #51
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

So, I’ve only played one game, now, after this fix, and I’m extremely happy. I happened to be at the start of a new season. I always play 1 preseason game to see any starting rookies and to see backup rookies in the 2nd to 4th qtr. I often user the 1st qtr and some of the 2nd. Then, I watch the rest of the game because I want to see how the rookies play without any user control and see if a cb gets his own INT or a rb breaks tackles, etc. After watching this game, I’m seeing pretty good tackle animations, in general. I’m seeing sticks when they should be sticks. I’m seeing proper momentum tackling, and stop of momentum tackling by big hitters. I’m also seeing some players fall forward WHEN APPROPRIATE. lol. My team gave up a TD to a wr who caught the ball on the 5, stepped toward the end zone, got hit from the side on the 3, and kept going forward, got hit from another tackler near the 1, but fell into the end zone appropriately based on the direction of the tacklers.

So, I’m seeing everything right now as a user and as a watcher. I have not seen a single ‘reverse momentum’ tackle that we were seeing during the fall forward glitch days, so I’m extremely happy about that. Madden still doesn’t do physics all correctly, but I think this update didn’t just revert back to prior, I think they overall tweaked tackling/momentum appropriately. I give madden team a thumbs up for this update for both quickness and quality.

I’m still watching the game and just saw a great catch over the middle, then a step upfield giving some momentum, hit from the left side, squirming forward, hit from the right side, still squirming forward, and finally tackled by a a third. He gained an extra 2-3 yards on what looked like context appropriate hits/tackling. Yeah, I’m thinking this update is solid.

@83evans. Give this update a chance, I’m def still seeing some falling forward when appropriate, but not seeing the horrible wonkiness of physics in the patch that u liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #52
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Impossible to make everybody happy. Can only try to make the majority happy.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #53
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Most of the animations were fight for extra yards and appeared that way. Finesse players werent plowing through defenders, they were triggering the animations such as the sidestep and fall forward or the spin one. That was way more realistic. And yes panicking is the perfect word. Yall panicked because yall havent seen madden put together fully live RBs before and it was causing people to lose some games.
I too were seeing the same things as you and thought it was realistic except for some quirky outcomes that as stated have always been in the game..I agree with your opinion but also realize that others have different opinions and see the game differently.. I could have lived with how it was playing with the patch as opposed to what is was before and what i t is now..I respect everyone's opinion but like you disagree with the way Madden went with this patch..I said watch what you wish for ..this essentially gives the greenlight for ea to continue doing what they are doing.. Again no one is right or wrong in this it's just a matter of opinion.. I too have realized that true realistic football is not wanted despite cries for it..That's the divide in our community..it all depends on how you look at the game of football..I didn't even notice the stats tackling tracker and tell you the truth could care less about it I was more enthusiastic about the new direction with tackling and overall rb play..did it need slider adjustments yea..but it was an easy fix..again my opinion my man but I agree with ya..I just keep it moving and hope for a better game next release..I respect the developers and those who work on the game they are essentially in a no win situation unless you get those modes working riht..just calling it like I see it..momba out!!!
Old 03-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #54
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I too were seeing the same things as you and thought it was realistic except for some quirky outcomes that as stated have always been in the game..I agree with your opinion but also realize that others have different opinions and see the game differently.. I could have lived with how it was playing with the patch as opposed to what is was before and what i t is now..I respect everyone's opinion but like you disagree with the way Madden went with this patch..I said watch what you wish for ..this essentially gives the greenlight for ea to continue doing what they are doing.. Again no one is right or wrong in this it's just a matter of opinion.. I too have realized that true realistic football is not wanted despite cries for it..That's the divide in our community..it all depends on how you look at the game of football..I didn't even notice the stats tackling tracker and tell you the truth could care less about it I was more enthusiastic about the new direction with tackling and overall rb play..did it need slider adjustments yea..but it was an easy fix..again my opinion my man but I agree with ya..I just keep it moving and hope for a better game next release..I respect the developers and those who work on the game they are essentially in a no win situation unless you get those modes working riht..just calling it like I see it..momba out!!!
Well again if you are just playing CPU vs CPU it plays different. It's not that we don't want realistic football, because it isn't when you are playing the game before this patch.
Play a game as a user to see how different it is.

Not sure why some just like to watch but to each their own.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #55
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

I'm a CPU vs CPU player, I watch and control all 32 Teams, so you as a User Player will have different issues from me. It's two games in one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2019, 01:45 PM   #56
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Well again if you are just playing CPU vs CPU it plays different. It's not that we don't want realistic football, because it isn't when you are playing the game before this patch.
Play a game as a user to see how different it is.

Not sure why some just like to watch but to each their own.
My man I never ever have played the game CPU vs CPU strictly payer vs CPU..again I adjusted sliders and had realistic tackling outcomes...were some quirky yes sir but that,s been in since release..again its my opinion I thought the game played great and I dealt with whatever quirks came up but for the most part it wasn't an every down situation and I just didn't see it... It's back to what it was which was never realistic to me..I would much rather see a rb fall forward than getting blown up by 180 lb dbs..but again that me..you are entitled to yours and I respect everyone's opinion..I just have been this road too many times when people complain about PI, DH, aggressive wr animations and the list goes on..and I know the outcome will be that they get a reason to be nerfed..I am not a stats person especially with videogames because they arent realistic and you can manipulate any way you want..again my opinion my man..I hope this patch has satisfied those that didn't like the last patch..out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »