Home

Madden 20 Coach Mode News

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Coach Mode News within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Madden 20 Coach Mode News

I really hope this news is legit. The site claims they have leaked news and "concrete" info.
http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/ma...res-and-modes/

"Even so, Sports Gamers Online was given some concrete information about what EA is putting into Madden 20. There are new mechanics, new modes and some cool simulation tools that seem like it could make a lot of people happy."

New Modes
Madden 20 seems to have a couple of new modes that aren’t present in current generations of Madden. Per our source:

“Other single player modes include the option of simulating seasons as a coach. Campaign mode where you create your own player and play through an immersive world story and challenges both on and off the field.”

Coach Mode

Madden 19 had a coach mode, but from doing some digging the community wasn’t satisfied with how the mode played out. While you were able to pick the plays, you still had to manually kick and punt. There were some bugs on defense where a player could become human controlled without the player knowing.

There’s not much known about this “Coach Mode”, but a true simulation “Coach Mode” could make many Madden fans happy. Is it possible that Madden would evoke a simulation idea like Franchise Hockey Manager or Out of the Park Baseball? It would be incredible, wouldn’t it?

Campaign mode
What I’m really interested in is the Campaign mode. It seems EA is moving away from the “Longshot” style of campaign and giving the player their own story. Finally, it seems that EA has embraced a full-fledged single player campaign akin to MLB The Show‘s “Road to the Show”.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 20 Coach Mode News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
I really hope this news is legit. The site claims they have leaked news and "concrete" info.
http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/ma...res-and-modes/

"Even so, Sports Gamers Online was given some concrete information about what EA is putting into Madden 20. There are new mechanics, new modes and some cool simulation tools that seem like it could make a lot of people happy."

New Modes
Madden 20 seems to have a couple of new modes that aren’t present in current generations of Madden. Per our source:

“Other single player modes include the option of simulating seasons as a coach. Campaign mode where you create your own player and play through an immersive world story and challenges both on and off the field.”

Coach Mode

Madden 19 had a coach mode, but from doing some digging the community wasn’t satisfied with how the mode played out. While you were able to pick the plays, you still had to manually kick and punt. There were some bugs on defense where a player could become human controlled without the player knowing.

There’s not much known about this “Coach Mode”, but a true simulation “Coach Mode” could make many Madden fans happy. Is it possible that Madden would evoke a simulation idea like Franchise Hockey Manager or Out of the Park Baseball? It would be incredible, wouldn’t it?

Campaign mode
What I’m really interested in is the Campaign mode. It seems EA is moving away from the “Longshot” style of campaign and giving the player their own story. Finally, it seems that EA has embraced a full-fledged single player campaign akin to MLB The Show‘s “Road to the Show”.
As much as new game modes and bells and whistles sound great, i personally I don’t think it’ll ever be enough for me until this game moves away from animation driven gameplay and more towards physics based gameplay.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:27 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Pretty sure this is old and fake... "the option of simulating seasons as a coach." has been in the game for years lol. Sounds like click bait.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:43 PM   #4
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

None of this moves the needle for me. They need to make existing features and modes deeper. Adding another mode is fine, but the game has too much right now that has never been fleshed out.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #5
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

I just want a revamped Franchise Mode or it'll be another pass for me.

I'm sure they've seen all the customization and stuff from NBA 2Ks MyLeague. That is want I want to be able to do in a Football Franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

If they can pull off a mode similar to "Road to the Show" I'll be happy. Just hope gameplay is improved from OL/DL interactions to coverages and overall ability to direct the offense and defense to attempt what I wish them to perform on any given play as I may require.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Madden 2020 needs to bring back an online franchise that continues to grow but more than anything it needs a version of coach mode like Madden 2008 had. Anything less is a pass. No thanks!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:03 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
As much as new game modes and bells and whistles sound great, i personally I don’t think it’ll ever be enough for me until this game moves away from animation driven gameplay and more towards physics based gameplay.
Having said that, Madden's biggest downfall has been it's lack of depth in it's game modes. Which makes the gameplay look even worse because it's all we got.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »