Home

Man Scheme

This is a discussion on Man Scheme within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2019, 09:13 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Man Scheme

Curious to know have any of you dominantly employed a man coverage scheme? It痴 something I知 thinking about tampering with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Man Scheme

I wanted to run a man scheme but unfortunately I put to much emphasis in the drafts in my franchise in to the front 7 on defense. While I'm regularly in the top 10 in run defense and sacks I get torched through the air, especially when I run man. I'm not really sure if Man coverage is just nerfed or if it's a product of my best CBs only being in the mid to low 80's in man coverage.

It sucks my plan was to build an speedy, attacking man defense out of the 4-3 front but in turn I'm missing out on a lot of the bonus xp with my CBs because there aren't any 4-3 schemes with the man archetype for CB. But if I use one of the 3-4 schemes just for xp bonus purposes I miss out on all of the bonus xp for my front 7 because they don't fit a 3-4.

This is why it's crazy how restricted the current scheme system is, you can't really build your team how you want.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2019, 09:30 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
I wanted to run a man scheme but unfortunately I put to much emphasis in the drafts in my franchise in to the front 7 on defense. While I'm regularly in the top 10 in run defense and sacks I get torched through the air, especially when I run man. I'm not really sure if Man coverage is just nerfed or if it's a product of my best CBs only being in the mid to low 80's in man coverage.

It sucks my plan was to build an speedy, attacking man defense out of the 4-3 front but in turn I'm missing out on a lot of the bonus xp with my CBs because there aren't any 4-3 schemes with the man archetype for CB. But if I use one of the 3-4 schemes just for xp bonus purposes I miss out on all of the bonus xp for my front 7 because they don't fit a 3-4.

This is why it's crazy how restricted the current scheme system is, you can't really build your team how you want.

This is what I want to do. I want to blitz more and force guys to make low percentage throws so I wanted my secondary including my safeties to be good in man coverage and kinda run a pure man scheme. I want to blitz linebackers, Rob at least one and keep a deep safety and/or no safeties in coverage and just lock up and send pressure. I知 just tryna decide if the risk worth it. I think it can be. And play zone in the red zone

Old 05-03-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
This is what I want to do. I want to blitz more and force guys to make low percentage throws so I wanted my secondary including my safeties to be good in man coverage and kinda run a pure man scheme. I want to blitz linebackers, Rob at least one and keep a deep safety and/or no safeties in coverage and just lock up and send pressure. I知 just tryna decide if the risk worth it. I think it can be. And play zone in the red zone

I think it can be worth it, there's guys in my online franchise that run a scheme similar to what you described and they seem to have pretty good success. I think I just put to much of an emphasis on the front 7. It's great having such a dominant front but when some of the better offenses in our league can hold off my rush I get beat deep quite a bit. You just need to find the right players for your secondary. Preferably guys with a lot of athleticism and high man coverage ratings. For my safeties I'm also a sucker for higher hit power ratings.

Last edited by Shosum13; 05-03-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:42 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
I think it can be worth it, there's guys in my online franchise that run a scheme similar to what you described and they seem to have pretty good success. I think I just put to much of an emphasis on the front 7. It's great having such a dominant front but when some of the better offenses in our league can hold off my rush I get beat deep quite a bit.

I think I知 going to roll my sleeves up and go for it. I知 normally a 2 high guy. 90% zone. But I want to switch up. Send more heat and make guys be accurate. It値l be easier to match personel too knowing I have guys that can defend a man if I venture to nickle and dime. But I can accomplish this from 4-3 normal due to my safeties being able to cover or even a linebacker, I can still stop the run and make things hard. I think I値l dive in it

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #6
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
I think I知 going to roll my sleeves up and go for it. I知 normally a 2 high guy. 90% zone. But I want to switch up. Send more heat and make guys be accurate. It値l be easier to match personel too knowing I have guys that can defend a man if I venture to nickle and dime. But I can accomplish this from 4-3 normal due to my safeties being able to cover or even a linebacker, I can still stop the run and make things hard. I think I値l dive in it

I'm normally a 4-3 guy myself, I've run 3-4 in a few franchises but I'm definitely more comfortable out of the 4-3. I really wanted to run one of the hybrid schemes with multiple fronts this year but unfortunately formation subs seem to be the cause of a desync issue in online play. And without formation subs I'll end up with my 3-4 rush OLB out in coverage when I run the 4-3 instead of down at DE where I would want him to move.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
I'm normally a 4-3 guy myself, I've run 3-4 in a few franchises but I'm definitely more comfortable out of the 4-3. I really wanted to run one of the hybrid schemes with multiple fronts this year but unfortunately formation subs seem to be the cause of a desync issue in online play. And without formation subs I'll end up with my 3-4 rush OLB out in coverage when I run the 4-3 instead of down at DE where I would want him to move.

Ima big proponent defensively of one formation and one sub formation. Although I致e learned that you can create a sub formation within one formation if you sub guys. I like to keep the game simple. I tend to get out of my way if I over complicate things.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:08 AM   #8
MVP

Are you talking about games vs. AI? If so, six man, zero blitzes can absolutely overwhelm them. I would shade coverage outside and pay attention because the outside CBs won't always move. They frequently line up way too far inside and sometimes need to be moved manually.

You can use almost any of them in the game, user the defender assigned to the HB and absolutely box the AI with ease. If the TE starts killing you just cover him instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »