Home

Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

This is a discussion on Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #145
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

Sure, video game baseball.

I choose not to purchase another gaming system to purchase The Show.

I love baseball and I have moved on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2019, 10:46 PM   #146
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I honestly don't think I ever bought Madden. I'm in my late 20s. When I was a teen my dad use to get it for himself. I would perfer NCAA and only play Madden when I transferred roster or Campus Legend. So when I became an adult, I had no interest in buying Madden. I didn't care for last gen and current gen isn't as bad but could be so much better. But once NCAA stopped, I went 2-3 years without playing a football game. I Gameflyed 17 and gameplay wasn't bad. So I wanted to buy 18 but once I heard no real changes to Franchise, I was turned off. Then I was skeptical about 19, there wasn't enough of leap for me to consider it plus the issue with them parting ways with the lead guy who didn't even make it to launch.

As much as I want a quality football game, I am not settling for less than that. Hopefully Madden 20 is step in the right direction. But the next generation of consoles brings hope but hesitation for me. In one hand, there will be a lot more things they can do with the new hardware. I can see upgrade in visuals and atmosphere. But, it does bring me hesitation. The start of the last two console generations were hyped up to be so much better but ended up being very underwhelming. So I'm not even going to consider buying Madden 20 unless I get wowed.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:23 PM   #147
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sure, video game baseball.

I choose not to purchase another gaming system to purchase The Show.

I love baseball and I have moved on.
In 1977, to play my football game, we used plastic players and a vibrating aluminum field to move them. Good thing I screamed and demanded a video game version, but it just got me 4vs4 football on my Atari. And on and on it went.

At which point was I supposed to start writing about how I am entitled to a better version of video game football. Because I’ve just been playing games I found fun, sometimes sim, sometimes as arcade as anything. Never occurred to me that I was being denied my entitled right to a sim football game all this time.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:36 AM   #148
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
In 1977, to play my football game, we used plastic players and a vibrating aluminum field to move them. Good thing I screamed and demanded a video game version, but it just got me 4vs4 football on my Atari. And on and on it went.

At which point was I supposed to start writing about how I am entitled to a better version of video game football. Because I’ve just been playing games I found fun, sometimes sim, sometimes as arcade as anything. Never occurred to me that I was being denied my entitled right to a sim football game all this time.
Ahhh...electric football. Played it all the time in 60's and 70's. Painted the figures to match real skin tones, kept stats, made passing based on coin flip probabilities based on yardage. Loved it.

There are still leagues and custom players and stadiums being used today. Check out some of the groups on Facebook and videos on Youtube. Amazing stuff. It's come a long way.

C
Old 04-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #149
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL

WOW. I remember those days. Adjusting the little brushes on the o-linemen to make them block in either direction and trying to hit the receiver with that little felt football..... I can still hear my brother and I saying " I hit the receiver, no you didn't, yes you did......" Those were the days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »