Home

Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

This is a discussion on Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #17
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

This is illogical to me. I believe every single word Rex said. However, wouldn't you be able to market a game that plays great and has as little flaws as possible? Most if not all people who buy Madden every year would be stoked if we received a relatively bug free smooth enjoyable game of football out of the box. I my self would have zero issue if they took a year off from adding shiny new features and instead worked on fixing bugs, tuning logic and improving the total gameplay experience. You could market that it self as a new feature, a good crisp gameplay experience. But I suppose the suits don't think logically, which should come as no surprise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 04-12-2019, 11:16 AM   #18
MVP

Re: Rex gives interview, Ray Mayweather gives his answer on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
It's such a shame man... That dude is such a beast. He was always fighting for the sim community and he was on these forums and he has such a passion for seeing the game progress the way that we all want it to and he just wasn't empowered to. Guys like that shouldn't be pushed to the breaking point and have their vision obstructed. Really a bummer that he wasn't able to fulfill the vision that he had for the game and that he isn't still there.
Rex's transparency, focus on gameplay, especially with regards to zone coverage and wide receiver/defensive back interactions and the return of player editing with the promise of improving franchise mode is what brought me back from a 4 year hiatus, leading to me purchase M17. I appreciated all he did and tried to accomplish.

Bottom line in my opinion is that those in charge can make far more money on MUT, given it's continued revenue stream throughout the cycle, without having to invest much time or money into it. They will add a little fluff to encourage younger gamers to purchase and that's pretty much that.

I'm getting reasonably decent gameplay with my current slider settings. However, it is sad that the game still suffers from legacy issues, bugs and glitches that should have been long since remedied.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:26 AM   #19
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Rex's transparency, focus on gameplay, especially with regards to zone coverage and wide receiver/defensive back interactions and the return of player editing with the promise of improving franchise mode is what brought me back from a 4 year hiatus, leading to me purchase M17. I appreciated all he did and tried to accomplish.

Bottom line in my opinion is that those in charge can make far more money on MUT, given it's continued revenue stream throughout the cycle, without having to invest much time or money into it. They will add a little fluff to encourage younger gamers to purchase and that's pretty much that.

I'm getting reasonably decent gameplay with my current slider settings. However, it is sad that the game still suffers from legacy issues, bugs and glitches that should have been long since remedied.
Yep and I just don't get the draw to MUT. They pay out money to buy players but the gameplay still isn't good.
Ive never played MUT and never will but I assume they don't get the all the franchise features either?
Lol, I say all the franchise features as there are many missing from years past.
I just won't spend money into a game that I spent money on to get it in the first place.

I wonder what the age range is that spend the most. It's like the young female kids buying that Kardashian makeup making her a billionaire.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 04-12-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you needed a youtube video to understand these simple concepts...I feel for you.

EA is a company out to make money. PERIOD. They aren't spending extra money on development for things that don't bring extra revenue.

Even putting their developers and "community leaders" out here on forums is an attempt for them to persuade you they care so you will be willing to overlook certain flaws and still buy the game.

The majority of the stuff people complain about wont sell anything and so you will probably never see it without competition or a boycott...which we all know ain't happening. Probably see females in the game before half the stuff I see requested
Old 04-12-2019, 02:13 PM   #21
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

Can't listen currently at work, can anyone summarize what was said? I take it, it's what we've all already knew? The features are dictated by management instead of the actual developers? It still stinks to hear stuff like Pro-tak was taken out just because it was marketed the year before and couldn't be "listed as a new feature."

Until the developers given complete autonomy over the game, i can't see how Madden can evolve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Which is why I don't think we'll get a NCAA back even if they are able to pay players for likeness. I saw a video saying that they were able to get the same amount of revenue from MUT one year as they did with the NCAA game. So for them, they rather pour resources for their moneymaker rather devouge to NCAA
Old 04-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #23
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Which is why I don't think we'll get a NCAA back even if they are able to pay players for likeness. I saw a video saying that they were able to get the same amount of revenue from MUT one year as they did with the NCAA game. So for them, they rather pour resources for their moneymaker rather devouge to NCAA
Rex did say in the interview if you listened to the whole thing that EA will jump on that the first chance they get. EA likes more money. I think they would for sure.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 04-12-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Yep and I just don't get the draw to MUT. They pay out money to buy players but the gameplay still isn't good.
Ive never played MUT and never will but I assume they don't get the all the franchise features either?
Lol, I say all the franchise features as there are many missing from years past.
I just won't spend money into a game that I spent money on to get it in the first place.

I wonder what the age range is that spend the most. It's like the young female kids buying that Kardashian makeup making her a billionaire.
While I don't ever plan to play MUT, I completely respect that many folks really enjoy it. I had originally thought that MUT would actually make the game of Madden a better experience overall, since EA would have more money to invest into making the game better. Foolish dream on my part, since I don't see that represented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »