Home

Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 04-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I did listen to the whole thing. He also said if a company would, 2k would have the most backing/ money to do it.

You never know, if 2K feels it will be profitable enough down the road and steal customers away from EA, why wouldn't they? They had an engine once so its not like they havent done it before and starting from scratch.

There are plenty that would leave EA. I would be one and maybe 2K can also do something similar and better than MUT.
One can hope anyways. The NFL screwed this all up by giving an exclusive license.
You make some fair points, but a lot of if's and hopes.

One can hope, agreed, but the NFL and EA also have a great relationship and there's been a lot of hoping for the past 13 years.

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
Old 04-12-2019, 05:37 PM   #10
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You make some fair points, but a lot of if's and hopes.

One can hope, agreed, but the NFL and EA also have a great relationship and there's been a lot of hoping for the past 13 years.
Not to mention that Rex said that if Clint left, that would really be a big loss for EA. Sounded like it would mess them.up.
If 2k was ever thinking of making another NFL game, think I'd get Clint away from EA and hire him.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #11
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

This video and the interview with Dubby sums it all up. Rex is under a NDA until May. So he can't even share everything. What it has shared is not surprising but damning IMO. It's very hard to see myself supporting Madden in the foreseeable future. Many have thought these things but now we have conformation.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2019, 10:08 PM   #12
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Let me just say this, some of the biggest sports games have spawned phrases that extend past the game itself.

The Show: Spawned the "Little Things" threads we see for other games now

NBA 2k: You ever play real ball with friends and they drop lines like "I got that ankle breaker badge"

Madden: When seeing something ridiculous in real life like a horrible penalty or non call:
"Thats that Madden BS"
Old 04-13-2019, 02:13 AM   #13
Rookie

GoJags904's Arena

I mean has the Gamer community tried a petition to 2K....I would be the first to sign if someone put together one. Simply stating that all gamers who sign pledge to buy whatever football game 2k makes, even non liscensed, to support them getting back into the football market. Also stating, every signee will not buy madden the yr they(2k) release their game. I am at the point where any effort even close to past 2k football games, with a hope of stomping out madden like they did nba live, is enough for me. Sign me up, hell even make a donation tab like most startup companies do where all proceeds go to 2k for a football game. That should wake up EA and also slap 2k with some corner support to start throwing haymakers to get this license deaded.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 04-13-2019, 02:39 AM   #14
Kings of the North

DaReal Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
I mean has the Gamer community tried a petition to 2K....I would be the first to sign if someone put together one. Simply stating that all gamers who sign pledge to buy whatever football game 2k makes, even non liscensed, to support them getting back into the football market. Also stating, every signee will not buy madden the yr they(2k) release their game. I am at the point where any effort even close to past 2k football games, with a hope of stomping out madden like they did nba live, is enough for me. Sign me up, hell even make a donation tab like most startup companies do where all proceeds go to 2k for a football game. That should wake up EA and also slap 2k with some corner support to start throwing haymakers to get this license deaded.

A 2k petition was tried many years ago and failed miserably. Not a lot of football gamers signed it. 2K has to be even be interested even if the license was available. Like Rex said it would take a lot of cash to even get the ball even rolling. It sounds like 2K might not even have enough cash flow to pull it off. We probably wouldn't even see a halfway decent product for atleast 2-3 yes if not longer imo.

This petition had 9 supporters

https://www.change.org/p/2k-sports-m...ation-consoles

46 supporters

https://www.change.org/p/2k-sports-w...-football-2k17

Twitter group in 08
159 followers
mobile.twitter.com/NFL2kpetition

Point is nobody shows up for this. More people would rather complain about Madden than sign a petition.

Last edited by DaReal Milticket; 04-13-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:10 AM   #15
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Let me just say this, some of the biggest sports games have spawned phrases that extend past the game itself.

The Show: Spawned the "Little Things" threads we see for other games now

NBA 2k: You ever play real ball with friends and they drop lines like "I got that ankle breaker badge"

Madden: When seeing something ridiculous in real life like a horrible penalty or non call:
"Thats that Madden BS"
To be fair, "hit stick" has been used quite a few times on TV from what I recall.

But, for the most part, you're pretty much right. Madden comparisons start being made when a player hits 200 yards receiving and the final score ends up looking like Chiefs/Rams. It's always been that way, and when you see the way the game's always been played competitively or online, it's not surprising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #16
Rookie

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
A 2k petition was tried many years ago and failed miserably. Not a lot of football gamers signed it. 2K has to be even be interested even if the license was available. Like Rex said it would take a lot of cash to even get the ball even rolling. It sounds like 2K might not even have enough cash flow to pull it off. We probably wouldn't even see a halfway decent product for atleast 2-3 yes if not longer imo.

This petition had 9 supporters

https://www.change.org/p/2k-sports-m...ation-consoles

46 supporters

https://www.change.org/p/2k-sports-w...-football-2k17

Twitter group in 08
159 followers
mobile.twitter.com/NFL2kpetition

Point is nobody shows up for this. More people would rather complain about Madden than sign a petition.
That's ridiculous. Hell i didnt even hear about it so no promo is why it failed. It is what it is

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »