Home

Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 04-15-2019, 01:27 AM   #25
Banned

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Not sure where to put this at this point since the game has been out so long. I had a CFM game where my Texans came back from 13 down in the 4th to tie it up and force overtime with the Tennessee Titans. I went up 3 late in the overtime period after winning the toss and grinding it down the field. The Titans got the ball back with maybe a 1:44 left. They got down to the 45 with 40 seconds left and no timeouts. Then they almost let the clock run out without at least trying to throw a hail mary or something. I called a timeout with 18 seconds left when I realized they weren't gonna do anything. I stopped them 1 play later and won the game, but it ruined a 38 to 35 game. Is that something others have experienced?

Sent from 713
I didn't get the game this year but this happen on 18 and 17 versions so they don't care about fix this also CPU don't hurry until 2 minutes warning even they losing over 10 points

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 07:15 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
I didn't get the game this year but this happen on 18 and 17 versions so they don't care about fix this also CPU don't hurry until 2 minutes warning even they losing over 10 points

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Operation Sports mobile app
Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, you just remember more when it doesn't.

I had a 3 score lead on Friday night in CFM vs the CFM before halftime and there didn't appear to be a sense of urgency from the CPU.

It wasn't until the 4th quarter that the CPU scored 2 td's later in the game and tried an onside kick with 40 seconds remaining. After I recovered the ball, they used the remaining timeout they had and I prevailed.

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Not sure where to put this at this point since the game has been out so long. I had a CFM game where my Texans came back from 13 down in the 4th to tie it up and force overtime with the Tennessee Titans. I went up 3 late in the overtime period after winning the toss and grinding it down the field. The Titans got the ball back with maybe a 1:44 left. They got down to the 45 with 40 seconds left and no timeouts. Then they almost let the clock run out without at least trying to throw a hail mary or something. I called a timeout with 18 seconds left when I realized they weren't gonna do anything. I stopped them 1 play later and won the game, but it ruined a 38 to 35 game. Is that something others have experienced?

Sent from 713
5 years into franchise mode, at times I do see poor clock management by the CPU in 2 minute situations.

I believe the reason for this is likely tied into the way the 2-minute playcalling situation is handled. I notice this because I call plays according to my gameplan. Quite frequently, once I hit the 2-minute mark, I am left with only 1 play to call. That play is the one play I could not delete from my custom playbook. That play is also tied into "safe" or "4-minute offense". Sometimes, if I call a timeout, the 2 minute situational playcalls appear and sometimes.....they don't.

If the same situational playcalling mechanic holds true for the CPU, that certainly could partially explain why we see the 2 minute offense by the CPU handled poorly at times.

Last edited by edgevoice; 04-23-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:27 PM   #28
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I gave up on modern Madden games a long time ago. Only play on PS2, smoother animations, more features deeper stat tracking.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:51 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

It's a thorough video. Reading that interview at the end was interesting. Especially when he asks about why all those features are no longer in the game, etc, and Rex explains it's the shift from Ignite to Frostbite engine. They had to leave some (a lot) behind.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #30
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

That video made me so angry. The Glitch Blooper reel made it a little better lol
Old 04-22-2019, 12:00 AM   #31
Rookie

DallasFan39's Arena

I donít see how anyone could watch that video and not get angry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 12:24 AM   #32
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFan39
I donít see how anyone could watch that video and not get angry.
Pretty easy for me to not to get angry - it's a videogame. If I like it, I play it. If I don't like it, I don't play it. No reason to get angry about games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »