Home

Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2019, 12:43 AM   #33
Rookie
 
DallasFan39's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2018
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Pretty easy for me to not to get angry - it's a videogame. If I like it, I play it. If I don't like it, I don't play it. No reason to get angry about games.
Which is why I am sitting Madden 20 out.
DallasFan39 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #34
I'm not on InstantFace.
 
Cardot's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Slider Hell
Posts: 5,856
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The Show: Spawned the "Little Things" threads we see for other games now
"Little Things" threads pre-date The Show.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...le-things.html
Cardot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:11 PM   #35
MVP
 
BezO's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Why I've been off Madden 10+ years. This was obvious after my 2 trips to EA for 09 & 10 (or 10 & 11).

I check in prior to releases to confirm nothing has changed. I could probably wait until next gen at this point. With this last confirmation from a former EA employee, there's 0.00001% chance something changes before then, 0.00002% chance something changes after.
__________________
Shout out to The Watcher! Where you at bruh?
BezO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #36
Rookie
 
JayhawkerStL's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,849
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFan39
I donít see how anyone could watch that video and not get angry.
Mostly because it is pointless whining.

I'm playing Madden 19 right now. A video about the all the terrible choices they made that got us to this point means nothing. Madden 19 is worth playing, or not. I would imagine about 99% of gamers have figured this out and are either playing or moving on.

There is another 1% that thinks if they treat this like an episode of the X-Files, some FBI agent, sympathetic to their cause, will expose the truth and take down the dastardly creators of the video game that failed to live up to their expectations.

What I am wondering is, in this metaphor, who is the third Lone Gunmen? Obviously we have Moody and this guy, who doesn't seem to have a unique name, which is actually kind of perfect. Who is the third guy that has decided that exposing Madden football is their new meaning for life.
__________________
XBL: JayhawkerStL

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
JayhawkerStL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:32 PM   #37
Kings of the North
 
DaReal Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,361
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFan39
I donít see how anyone could watch that video and not get angry.
I'm not angry after watching the video at all. I think it's well put together video on past maddens. Other then that, it doesn't affect my enjoyment with Madden 19.
DaReal Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:35 PM   #38
Rookie
 
DallasFan39's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2018
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Mostly because it is pointless whining.

I'm playing Madden 19 right now. A video about the all the terrible choices they made that got us to this point means nothing. Madden 19 is worth playing, or not. I would imagine about 99% of gamers have figured this out and are either playing or moving on.

There is another 1% that thinks if they treat this like an episode of the X-Files, some FBI agent, sympathetic to their cause, will expose the truth and take down the dastardly creators of the video game that failed to live up to their expectations.

What I am wondering is, in this metaphor, who is the third Lone Gunmen? Obviously we have Moody and this guy, who doesn't seem to have a unique name, which is actually kind of perfect. Who is the third guy that has decided that exposing Madden football is their new meaning for life.
This folks is part of the problem. Those of us who complain about Madden are label as whiners or people with nothing better to do. It bothers you that I complain about a game that I owe then stop reading my posts.
DallasFan39 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:03 PM   #39
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFan39
This folks is part of the problem. Those of us who complain about Madden are label as whiners or people with nothing better to do. It bothers you that I complain about a game that I owe then stop reading my posts.
The problem is you guys feel entitled to invade literally every place that Madden is discussed online. Your ilk's non stop trolling and **** posting drove most contributors away a LOOOOONG time ago. It's telling that people who create gameplay related content for M19 avoid forums and Reddit like the plague.

JayHawer isn't the problem. He's just telling you the truth. Madden has been designed with user vs. user play as the priority since that ability was introduced. There was never any "war" or "battle" between "sim" and "competitive" players; that is entirely in your imagination. The focus on user agency over this communities crude notions of realism predates online play by at least a decade.

It's also *REALLY* hard to take any of you seriously when you hold up PS2/Xbox era Maddens as your examples of a "realisitic" game because anyone who actually played them knows they were anything but.
stinkubus is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:06 AM   #40
Rookie
 
JayhawkerStL's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,849
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
The problem is you guys feel entitled to invade literally every place that Madden is discussed online. Your ilk's non stop trolling and **** posting drove most contributors away a LOOOOONG time ago. It's telling that people who create gameplay related content for M19 avoid forums and Reddit like the plague.
Now I feel like kind of a dunce. The thread had been dead of five days. Then the troll bumps it with pointless troll comment, and I bit.

That was dumb.
__________________
XBL: JayhawkerStL

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
JayhawkerStL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Top -