Home

Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2019, 10:44 PM   #57
MVP
 
ninertravel's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2015
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It was a great video because it brought back memories of what we once had.

A designer back in the Ian's day last year mentioned on OS that those older features were difficult to bring over onto new tech in part because if they tried to bring a feature over, it would break down another part of the game.

So, the programmers need to figure out how to implement some of the those older features into the new tech they are using along with the legacy coding.

We appreciate you making the video and hopefully, the big wigs take notice, but, I wouldn't bank on it, based on Rex's interview and what I discovered during the days of Ian being in charge. Very similar takes from both Creative Designers.
older features are never brought back because they are busy spending 95% of the budget on MUT mode the other 5% is a roster update and some uni upgrade.

I mean come on look at this CFm garbage since madden 12 they took out the 32 team control/ they put a alt fix for that the next year which btw HAS NOT CHANGED!! we still have to spend 1 hour to create 32 team profiles then you gotta fix their rosters because the CPU screws up all the hard roster work and reorders everything. then half the damm free agents vanish and dissapear.. hell it took 5 years yes 5 years for them to actually be able to put a Long snapper that is a TE at the LS position on the depth chart!! you sure could do it in your roster on the menu.. but hell you couldn't in CFM for 5 years!! someone must have finally decided to fix that last year.. you can't tell me that is old technology that takes 5 years to put in a game. it should have been fixed with a patch back in 2012. and if you remember the transfer to the PS3 and 360 days for a year there was no full editing. it's like they have a 10 year cycle which is a recycle, they don't add things in because their minds say 'we have Mut mode that is our $$$$ we only need to add and re add one of these features when we need to market something new that was old again.

if anyone remembers the username strutdaddy he was the roster creater on PS2 days. it was great to download his roster. bring up franchise mode hit square to control all 32 teams. start your franchise with the rosters all set and 100% perfect. and play the game and start franchise within 2 mins.... not 7 hours later. with half the players missing just because they are lower rated guys and the code of the game says that only so many players can be in the free agents.

it's just like smokers, they know they could give you cancer and make you sick but they still buy them.

I try and skip a year or 2 on madden before I buy it ever since CFm came in. I used to buy it every year from 1993 to about 2005. I skipped 06 because of the editing rosters being locked. and when madden 12 came out. I may have only bought it 2 or 3 times now 19 was just about exactly the same game as 12.

it's 2019!!

Last edited by ninertravel; 05-02-2019 at 10:49 PM.
ninertravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #58
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 24,239
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
older features are never brought back because they are busy spending 95% of the budget on MUT mode the other 5% is a roster update and some uni upgrade.

If you don't want to take the word of someone that has worked there in the past and go with your opinion, that's fine.
__________________
Hot Takes Before Game Release

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:57 PM   #59
MVP
 
ninertravel's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2015
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you don't want to take the word of someone that has worked there in the past and go with your opinion, that's fine.
I believe what he said is true to some extent but.. it's more they won't bother to try and add new things (that are old things). because the way we are going now releasing the same game over and over again every year works and makes $$.

Instead of trying to add something in and spend more time it's 'nah that will take time let's just release the same structured game again next year but let's add in this feature to market it'

CFm killed madden

MLB the show are really starting to fit into the same boat now too. sports games are in decline.
ninertravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #60
Rookie
 
The Black Redneck's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2019
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Mostly because it is pointless whining.

I'm playing Madden 19 right now. A video about the all the terrible choices they made that got us to this point means nothing. Madden 19 is worth playing, or not. I would imagine about 99% of gamers have figured this out and are either playing or moving on.

There is another 1% that thinks if they treat this like an episode of the X-Files, some FBI agent, sympathetic to their cause, will expose the truth and take down the dastardly creators of the video game that failed to live up to their expectations.

What I am wondering is, in this metaphor, who is the third Lone Gunmen? Obviously we have Moody and this guy, who doesn't seem to have a unique name, which is actually kind of perfect. Who is the third guy that has decided that exposing Madden football is their new meaning for life.
I really shouldnít be posting this because spies are everywhere. However after a long exhausting, and dangerous search I know who the third lone gunmen.
Itís Al Michaels. Jealous because itís Madden football and not Michaels football he has been secretly posing as a EA CEO and ruining the game from the inside.

Who can stop him?
The Black Redneck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:34 PM   #61
Closer
 
bkrich83's Arena
 
OVR: 64
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 70,040
Blog Entries: 124
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBULLY84
I'll add this to the list of:

Madden can't add tattoos because of the NFL

2K will never make another football game (posted here before APF)

I could go on forever.



Point is, don't speak on what you don't know. Take two has MORE than enough capital to make it happens if it wants. I'm sure we will get another football game in due time.


The thing is I do know.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
bkrich83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #62
MVP
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The odds of 2K getting back in football are exactly zero. Thereís no chance thatís happening, and sadly thatís just the reality of it now.

I wouldn't be so quick to say never with the XFL starting up again.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #63
MVP
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
I agree. It would simply cost far too much money for a new company to pay for the NFL exclusive license and then hire enough people to pump out the game in it's first year.

It doesn't have to be an NFL game. If the XFL makes it, I could see a video game for it being made.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #64
Closer
 
bkrich83's Arena
 
OVR: 64
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 70,040
Blog Entries: 124
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Itís simple. I have enjoyed Madden 15-19 more than any other football game in my life. This has been a nice run.

Looking forward to what they add this year. I hope the EA doesnít regret their decision to cater to the franchise fans this year. I hope the improvements are well implemented, and folks are happy.


Iíll say this I can no longer stay engaged in franchise mode. It simply doesnít keep my attention for whatever reason. That said Iíve had a lot of fun with the on field game play the last few years and have simply played a ton of play now games. I also believe the game plays significantly different when playing a play now game vs. a CFM game.

I know it has a ton of warts on the field but itís still fun to me and at the end of the day thatís all I care about.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
bkrich83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Top -