Home

Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I wouldn't be so quick to say never with the XFL starting up again.

Bingo. If the XFL can actually last, I would love a 2k game. Might be the best thing those that are not a fan of madden can hope for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 02:55 PM   #66
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
It doesn't have to be an NFL game. If the XFL makes it, I could see a video game for it being made.
Lol, every time a league pops up , you all think a game will be made. The league has to make it first,....then worry about a game later. This is years down the road, if ever.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Lol, every time a league pops up , you all think a game will be made. The league has to make it first,....then worry about a game later. This is years down the road, if ever.

I wasn't expecting a game tomorrow. But if the XFL makes it, I wouldn't be surprised if a video game followed. My expectations are higher than "zero chance", which is what I commented on. So LOL all you want.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 9

Solid video.

I've been playing this franchise for 25 years, but I've been done with it for the last few years. It hasn't been a legitimately good game since Madden 2006 (Xbox/PS2), but I'd still be able to extract some fun of out if up until about Madden '13 or '14. I still even had fun with the connected franchise mode up until about Madden '16 or '17. But, the problems get worse every year and the core flaw with how the game plays will just never be resolved, ever.

The game will always be bad, and I'm basically done with the franchise despite being such an avid football fan and someone who has always loved sports videogames.

I doubt that 2K is going to make a football game anytime soon, even with the XFL launching. It's too expensive and unlike All Pro Football 2K8 which came out only a couple years after NFL 2K5, they've now been in the desert for 10+ years, and the landscape has changed. It'll be a major investment and I'm unsure if Take2 -- who literally prints money with microtransaction-based games like GTA Online -- would be willing to finance the effort it would take to make a worthwhile franchise-focused football game. I don't think the existence of the XFL would change much, the XFL is a major risk for anybody to sink a lot of money into... Just look at the success of the AAF, something that I thought had a lot more opportunity to Vince's insanity-based XFL project.

Last edited by Rebel10; 05-07-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #69
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I wouldn't be so quick to say never with the XFL starting up again.
Iím just telling you what I know.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Iím just telling you what I know.

"If" the XFL makes it, then I guess we will see.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:58 PM   #71
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
"If" the XFL makes it, then I guess we will see.
Sure.

10 char.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 06:38 PM   #72
Kings of the North

DaReal Milticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Iíll say this I can no longer stay engaged in franchise mode. It simply doesnít keep my attention for whatever reason. That said Iíve had a lot of fun with the on field game play the last few years and have simply played a ton of play now games. I also believe the game plays significantly different when playing a play now game vs. a CFM game.

I know it has a ton of warts on the field but itís still fun to me and at the end of the day thatís all I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I back that the game plays better in play now than CFM by a mile. Not sure why CFM plays different, if it's the xp or confidence or what, but play now plays fantastic over CFM. Been that way for yrs now. The movement, gameplay, just everything is better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »