Home

Stuff that all fan bases would like

This is a discussion on Stuff that all fan bases would like within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2019, 12:16 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Stuff that all fan bases would like

So we have our final answer that sim players are on the backburner so at this point all we can do is try to ask for things that MUT/Competitive players would also want.

Can we have a more detailed position system and finally have assistant coaches back (generic is cool if there are licensing issues)

Since gaps have been added it'd be cool to have actual defensive assignments/alignments for different positions

Adding Sam,Will,Mike,LEO would also be cool. This adds more positions , more cards, more depth. It also would go well with the new progression system in franchise mode. Have players playing out of position automatically receive a - 10 to awareness or play recognition.

And can coaches from all non competitive modes add a small boost to players the way it's done in MUT? It'd be cool if having a great coaching staff impacted your player's development/ratings.

Any suggestions for ideas that we could all agree on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2019, 03:50 AM   #2
Rookie

xthe1's Arena

Re: Stuff that all fan bases would like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
So we have our final answer that sim players are on the backburner so at this point all we can do is try to ask for things that MUT/Competitive players would also want.

Can we have a more detailed position system and finally have assistant coaches back (generic is cool if there are licensing issues)

Since gaps have been added it'd be cool to have actual defensive assignments/alignments for different positions

Adding Sam,Will,Mike,LEO would also be cool. This adds more positions , more cards, more depth. It also would go well with the new progression system in franchise mode. Have players playing out of position automatically receive a - 10 to awareness or play recognition.

And can coaches from all non competitive modes add a small boost to players the way it's done in MUT? It'd be cool if having a great coaching staff impacted your player's development/ratings.

Any suggestions for ideas that we could all agree on?
These are amazing ideas but unfortunately won't ever be incorporated. It's too in-depth for "competitive" players before they only care about cheesing the game and wouldn't actually take advantage of these additions. Honestly, they would complain and say it's changed gameplay too much. Realism is not something that EA (or 2k for that matter) care about anymore. It's all about cheesy animations and doing those same animations continuously. They'll add more animations before actually going towards more physics-based gameplay. It's 2019, about 6 years into the current gen and sports games are still wholly dependant on animations. Realism is not the objective.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthe1
These are amazing ideas but unfortunately won't ever be incorporated. It's too in-depth for "competitive" players before they only care about cheesing the game and wouldn't actually take advantage of these additions. Honestly, they would complain and say it's changed gameplay too much. Realism is not something that EA (or 2k for that matter) care about anymore. It's all about cheesy animations and doing those same animations continuously. They'll add more animations before actually going towards more physics-based gameplay. It's 2019, about 6 years into the current gen and sports games are still wholly dependant on animations. Realism is not the objective.
Exactly. The fact that 2k asked if they should add a half court badge tells you all you need to know

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
So frustrating, most of the time when you play an online match you run in to an opponent running the same 3 to 5 plays on offense and running the same coverages on defense for most of the game. The online community as a whole has such a need to win that they don't care if they do it using an exploit to their advantage. Me personally I don't get any satisfaction getting wins that way, I like running a legit football scheme and trying to out coach my opponent. But that would be too "challenging" for some so we have the gameplay in it's current state. The fact that the majority just want the wins to come easier is how we get features like ball hawk, or the way user catching works now. No skill or timing involved just hold a button when the QB throws and there you go.

I know there are a lot of us on these forums that actually enjoy a challenge and like to improve but these days we seem to be pretty outnumbered. That's why I joined a 32 man franchise of mostly like minded guys running sim football strategies so I can still get a user vs user challenge while being able to stay away from the garbage that you get when playing online vs. or MUT. Sometimes the game just feels too repetitive when playing solo franchises. Honestly if it weren't for the league I joined I would have traded in Madden 19 a long time ago, but I don't think the league will be enough for me to get Madden 20.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:03 PM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
These are amazing ideas but unfortunately won't ever be incorporated. It's too in-depth for "competitive" players before they only care about cheesing the game and wouldn't actually take advantage of these additions.
Isn't that funny that for being the so called "competitive" crowd, a lot of them actually want the gameplay to be tuned to make it easier. Like come on where's the competition in that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 09:51 PM   #6
MVP

The Madden Bowl is this week. If you think competitive Madden is so easy you are literally leaving hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table by not participating.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:01 PM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
The Madden Bowl is this week. If you think competitive Madden is so easy you are literally leaving hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table by not participating.
I'm not talking about the guys that make the Madden bowl that's why I put the "competitive" in quotations. Some of those guys do have some really legit stick skills, I was more referring to the general "competitive" online community in the sim vs competitive debate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »