Home

Bogus Injuries

This is a discussion on Bogus Injuries within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 04-21-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bogus Injuries

This to me is one of the biggest exploits that E.A uses to help there cheat engine of trying to make the game closer . my last game i played me as Colts playing against the CPU Bengals I am up 27 to 19 in Fourth QTR I have the ball with four and a half minutes left the CPU Logic called 6 injuries on that drive and every time there is a injury it stops the clock and all the injuries were Bengal players. I am sorry that is so unrealistic it was a Patriot move by the CPU to conserve time for the CPU AI.

I am not sure of the actual NFL Rules but I thought after a player was off the field the clock would start again and it only actually stops the clock in the last 2 minutes of a half where the injured players team is charged a time out, this really needs to be addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Bogus Injuries

You're right in that it's not working accurately. Once the player is removed from the field, the clock should function as if no injury occurred unless it's in the final two minutes of either half. Then there should be a timeout or 10-second runoff depending on the situation.

It's wrong but intended to be that way and likely isn't ever going to be a big enough issue to be changed.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:00 AM   #3
MVP

underdog13's Arena

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
Old 04-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Yes I agree. This has been an issue for at least 10 years... you can always count on that untimely injury to stop the clock.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

I tinker with this game trying to find balance if you turn down injuries to avoid
the injury bug ,once you mess with your fatigue sliders to try and get realistic
substitutions then you get more injuries as well you might as well turn them almost completely off but then again now you lose what i think is its intention to sub players for slightly injured ones because fatigue works when you play the play now mode but once you go to franchise it does not work at all . so i think this is a big issue not a small one in game injures happen a lot and players get substituted constantly but the game stops the clock every time and does not restart it until you snap the ball is wrong, and what is the fatigue engine built on amount of plays a player plays or tackles or footsteps or maybe time on field if its time on field then with timeouts being called every other play then the drive is much shorter than it should be. and it makes the game longer . i really feel the game needs a few overhauls at what point is it ever relevant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #6
Rookie

EA needs to prioritize. They are trying to please like 12 different sub populations and what happens is that no one is happy.

They will invest resources in dumb stuff "create a glove" mode where gamers can create all sorts of fun gloves but totally ignore what really matters, which is game play. Stop it with MUT, stop it with Storymode and focus on game play and franchise... what's what we really want. Once these things are adequately addressed, then you can worry about stupid things like cleats and deciding whether your create a player will buy a condo or a town home or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzleroybrown
I tinker with this game trying to find balance if you turn down injuries to avoid
the injury bug ,once you mess with your fatigue sliders to try and get realistic
substitutions then you get more injuries as well you might as well turn them almost completely off but then again now you lose what i think is its intention to sub players for slightly injured ones because fatigue works when you play the play now mode but once you go to franchise it does not work at all . so i think this is a big issue not a small one in game injures happen a lot and players get substituted constantly but the game stops the clock every time and does not restart it until you snap the ball is wrong, and what is the fatigue engine built on amount of plays a player plays or tackles or footsteps or maybe time on field if its time on field then with timeouts being called every other play then the drive is much shorter than it should be. and it makes the game longer . i really feel the game needs a few overhauls at what point is it ever relevant.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:47 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
EA needs to prioritize. They are trying to please like 12 different sub populations and what happens is that no one is happy.

They will invest resources in dumb stuff "create a glove" mode where gamers can create all sorts of fun gloves but totally ignore what really matters, which is game play. Stop it with MUT, stop it with Storymode and focus on game play and franchise... what's what we really want. Once these things are adequately addressed, then you can worry about stupid things like cleats and deciding whether your create a player will buy a condo or a town home or whatever.
While I agree with you when you say gameplay and franchise is what WE here at OS wants, but the majority of Madden players these days are all about MUT and MUT Tournaments.

As evidenced by the record high TV ratings for the Madden Bowl, MUT is where it's at with this game.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I hope they fix this next year, this random injury stuff is a bummer. Needs to be due to on field play not a random number generator.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »