Home

Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

This is a discussion on Will we ever get a realistic Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 02-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

You know, one that doesn't include LBs jumping 10 feet in the air picking off passes headed 20 yards past them, the most average RBs and WRs getting an extra 10-15 yards (or taking it all the way) off a simple spin move, defensive lineman picking off passes 20 yards downfield and yards away from them just by "lurking" etc...this game has the most unrealistic garbage you never see in any real game. Any chance we ever see a realistic Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Will we ever get a realistic Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter75
You know, one that doesn't include LBs jumping 10 feet in the air picking off passes headed 20 yards past them, the most average RBs and WRs getting an extra 10-15 yards (or taking it all the way) off a simple spin move, defensive lineman picking off passes 20 yards downfield and yards away from them just by "lurking" etc...this game has the most unrealistic garbage you never see in any real game. Any chance we ever see a realistic Madden?
If your standard is that the game looks just like one you watched on TV, then no Madden will probably never meet that and you should find a new hobby.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:10 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Some things will improve every year, but IMO the crux of the issue is User agency for competitive play. As long as they allow "lurk" type movements for User controlled players, which distorts the authenticity of what can be run on offensive both on the ground and in the air, then there is a ceiling to the level of realism we can have.

The so called "skill gap" being about stick wiggling, exploit discovering and 37 hot routes, instead of personnel differences, schemes, and NFL style playcalling is an albatross on the progression of the game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Some things will improve every year, but IMO the crux of the issue is User agency for competitive play. As long as they allow "lurk" type movements for User controlled players, which distorts the authenticity of what can be run on offensive both on the ground and in the air, then there is a ceiling to the level of realism we can have.

The so called "skill gap" being about stick wiggling, exploit discovering and 37 hot routes, instead of personnel differences, schemes, and NFL style playcalling is an albatross on the progression of the game.
Nice post. H2H sucks this year for no other reason than user defenders can cover entirely too much ground and it breaks too many offensive concepts for the game to be any fun.

There's a reason the game is nothing but crossers, posts, and drags: those are the only routes you can actually keep safe from someone who knows what they are doing and has a capable player under their control.

Thankfully the vs. AI game is about as fun as it's ever been so long as you don't push them too hard and exercise some modest restraint in play calling and tactics.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:11 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Dexter, what you are really asking for is for the CPU AI to mimic that of the real NFL game. While I would love to see EA knuckle down and put a great deal of emphasis on this facet, I seriously doubt it will ever come to fruition.

MUT is now the cash cow for Madden. Therefore, like any other business, they will most certainly focus their resources on continuing to build this area of the game. It is also far easier and cheaper for them to do that, rather than putting the amount of manpower and work needed to improve the game in the areas that you speak of.

Having said that, if you have the patience to experiment with sliders, Madden 19 can be tweaked to the point of it being enjoyable. Of course, that is simply a matter of opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2019, 11:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Dexter, what you are really asking for is for the CPU AI to mimic that of the real NFL game. While I would love to see EA knuckle down and put a great deal of emphasis on this facet, I seriously doubt it will ever come to fruition.

MUT is now the cash cow for Madden. Therefore, like any other business, they will most certainly focus their resources on continuing to build this area of the game. It is also far easier and cheaper for them to do that, rather than putting the amount of manpower and work needed to improve the game in the areas that you speak of.

Having said that, if you have the patience to experiment with sliders, Madden 19 can be tweaked to the point of it being enjoyable. Of course, that is simply a matter of opinion.
No, sorry. I was talking about how ridiculous H2H is this year, as was stated the post before yours. I don't play the computer, its far too easy even on All Madden. Im not asking for it to act just like an NFL game on TV but close to one and less like NFL Blitz.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:39 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
No, sorry. I was talking about how ridiculous H2H is this year, as was stated the post before yours. I don't play the computer, its far too easy even on All Madden. Im not asking for it to act just like an NFL game on TV but close to one and less like NFL Blitz.
I got ya Dexter. Sorry the H2H is also in the sorry state it's in. Funny, I remember with the introduction of RPM were videos showcasing how the mike backer could no longer unrealistically strafe sideline to sideline. A few weeks later, a video surfaces on how to use the RPM mechanic to virtually do the same thing, although it did look toned down at that time.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

To simply answer OP question , No NEVER. Why ? I will let Rex Dixon answer that question for you .

"They rejected my "fix gameplay" strategy because it's not marketable. "

He deleted his tweet , but someone luckily saved it for anyone who needs proof:

https://twitter.com/Scomo843/status/1093197566915866624

This statement says so much if you just read it. Do not expect EA suits to be willing to put much in resources towards fixing gameplay,because to them its not marketable and thus not worth much investment. Keep that in mind when you go to pre-order or even buy it at launch. This is what they think about any of us wanting good gameplay .

Gameplay is the core of the game, if they do not think fixing it is worth time and money, then there is 0 reason to ever hope they will really fix the gameplay .

Also dont forget, we are getting new consoles most likely in 2020 . This is as good as football as we are gonna get on this current gen. Then when they "start over" with the new gen , we will be taking steps backwards again .....Enjoy .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »