Home

Madden NFL 20 Screenshots - Pro Bowl Players Have Their Team Helmets

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Screenshots - Pro Bowl Players Have Their Team Helmets within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 04-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #25
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 20 Screenshots - Pro Bowl Players Have Their Team Helmets

I’m glad that it’s finally in for those that have been requesting it, but it also demonstrates why I have trust issues with EA. Weren’t we told that a playable pro bowl could not be added due to memory issues?

The more optimistic and trusting person may think they solved the “memory issues” but I know better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #26
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nah, for me, it's just not something that ranks up there in priority, it's similar to MUT for me.

I hope people can respect that just as much as I respect people waiting for it to return.
It's not a priority for me at all either. But realistically, it's a nice touch for sure and definitely appreciated after it's long drought.

I'm personally in the group of wanting CFM getting a massive update or at least a significant spark. So far so good.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:34 AM   #27
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Iím glad that itís finally in for those that have been requesting it, but it also demonstrates why I have trust issues with EA. Werenít we told that a playable pro bowl could not be added due to memory issues?

The more optimistic and trusting person may think they solved the ďmemory issuesĒ but I know better
I think the memory problem as stated was only concerning having the correct helmets rather than actually having a playable game , and went back to the last gen of consoles ( ps3) I could be wrong though
Old 05-02-2019, 11:26 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I’m glad that it’s finally in for those that have been requesting it, but it also demonstrates why I have trust issues with EA. Weren’t we told that a playable pro bowl could not be added due to memory issues?

The more optimistic and trusting person may think they solved the “memory issues” but I know better
I agree with you that there's trust issues between development and the final product, but I think the team was being honest with the reasons team specific helmets were difficult to add in.

It's not that it's necessarily "a memory issue making it impossible," but rather that, it's a memory issue that requires a lot of development time for a relatively low priority making it a difficult task to justify bumping ahead of something else.

The explanation for how they load uniforms, and why it made having ~32 potential helmets on the field at once a difficult task seemed pretty convincing to me. The helmet thing was just one of those easily identifiable issues of something that used to be in the game ~15 years ago, and it ends up being an easy thing to point to as general sloppiness / lack of detail. To me, personally, I've never cared about an individual incidence of sloppiness or lack of detail, but more or less, the overall sloppiness and lack of detail that leads to features/bugs like this.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:26 PM   #29
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 20 Screenshot - NFL Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Only in Madden do we get excited about have features put back in the game that were in there 20 years ago lol. I'm psyched though. Glad it's in.

Iím waiting for weapons to come back. Sounds like that might be what superstar X is
Old 05-05-2019, 11:50 PM   #30
Rookie

thatmanGriffin's Arena

Decided to post this here. A new cleat found in this screenshot Adidas Freak Ultra. 20190505_224651.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-06-2019, 12:42 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
I agree with you that there's trust issues between development and the final product, but I think the team was being honest with the reasons team specific helmets were difficult to add in.

It's not that it's necessarily "a memory issue making it impossible," but rather that, it's a memory issue that requires a lot of development time for a relatively low priority making it a difficult task to justify bumping ahead of something else.

The explanation for how they load uniforms, and why it made having ~32 potential helmets on the field at once a difficult task seemed pretty convincing to me. The helmet thing was just one of those easily identifiable issues of something that used to be in the game ~15 years ago, and it ends up being an easy thing to point to as general sloppiness / lack of detail. To me, personally, I've never cared about an individual incidence of sloppiness or lack of detail, but more or less, the overall sloppiness and lack of detail that leads to features/bugs like this.
I can co sign on that

Sent from my LGLS676 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #32
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheat226
Wow... I've been coming to these boards for new Madden information every year all throughout the countless years. Last year I finally joined the boards to get into the conversations.

Don't really care who I trigger and I'm sure a lot of you will be but...

I remember all throughout the years of not having the Pro Bowl anymore, a lot of you whined to get it back. Now that it's back with the helmets correctly done to our wishes etc, it's still not good enough? Jeez. There's no pleasing you.

I know it's not exciting in real-life at all with the poor tackling and nonexistent effort by the players.
I though, for one, am very excited to have it back in the game after so long. Mainly for franchise if it can be played with friends. (Haven't seen that confirmed yet... Is it?)

Anyway, I definitely appreciate the effort being put into this year's game. I can feel the work put in for a change. Hopefully it lives up to its intentions and our expectations/wishes.
I am excited to have it back in the game as well. I think it will help give a little more depth to my franchise. I wanna see how many guys I can turn into bowl players thought out my coaching career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »