Home

Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2019, 06:01 AM   #73
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Game Informer recently had a chance to chat with Madden NFL 20 creative director Mike Young,...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Best news I've heard in years regarding Madden. Very Stoked.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:02 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode

as long as the cpu doesn't put players on the block despite me having manual control of everything ...
Old 04-27-2019, 09:02 AM   #75
Rookie

I like the ideas and the direction they're going . It will add a lot of replay value for me because I don't play online or MUT. It's just a matter of everything working as intended. I liked some things they did in '19 too. But I didn't buy it because the gameplay didn't feel right to me at all.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2019, 09:45 AM   #76
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
as long as the cpu doesn't put players on the block despite me having manual control of everything ...
On that note, I hope they give us more control overall. I dont expect any sports game to get free agency and the draft right. There are just too many variables. I do expect them to improve every year, though.

Giving us control allows us to avoid mode killing moves like the Leveon Bell to Rams move I heard someone mention. I'd much rather be able to just user control the Steelers and trade Bell to the Jets or a team that needs him. Or, if the draft logic is still off (it probably will be) then allow me to user control a team(s) and select players that fit more with the roster if I feel it's off. Little things add up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-27-2019, 11:22 AM   #77
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

It’s hard to get excited about them hyping fixing and spicing up franchise mode. They’ve peddled this line before.

Unless the following is fixed franchise mode will still be broken and boring:

-Being able to see team played for when viewing historical stats
-Sim stats engine (like no QB rushing attempts)
-CPU draft logic
-Easily manipulated trades
-Never good FA’s, teams always resign or tag anyone decent.
-Relocation team names and uniforms = AWEFUL
-Relocation has only 4 generic stadiums from which choose, and 2 of them are AWEFUL and ugly stadiums.
-Repetitive game atmosphere and meaningless/boring “news” section.

They’ve added editable draft classes (finally something awesome) and some of this hype theoretically sounds good.... but what is it worth if the garbage I listed above remains broken for YEARS?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.. you can’t get fooled again!
Old 04-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #78
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Improvements to Trade logic, free agency, and scouting? That’s what I’m interested in hearing more about, I’m guessing we will find out what that means on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2019, 12:21 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
It’s hard to get excited about them hyping fixing and spicing up franchise mode. They’ve peddled this line before.

Unless the following is fixed franchise mode will still be broken and boring:

-Being able to see team played for when viewing historical stats
-Sim stats engine (like no QB rushing attempts)
-CPU draft logic
-Easily manipulated trades
-Never good FA’s, teams always resign or tag anyone decent.
-Relocation team names and uniforms = AWEFUL
-Relocation has only 4 generic stadiums from which choose, and 2 of them are AWEFUL and ugly stadiums.
-Repetitive game atmosphere and meaningless/boring “news” section.

They’ve added editable draft classes (finally something awesome) and some of this hype theoretically sounds good.... but what is it worth if the garbage I listed above remains broken for YEARS?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.. you can’t get fooled again!
I get your attitude and frustration and I'm sure it's covered in my Hot Takes signature, but the only thing we can do is wait till next Thursday and see what comes out of the developer stream and blog.

No use burying anything that we don't know and yeah, I get the prior history part and not buy into the hype.(also covered in hot takes. lol)

It's not time to start playing Debbie Downer, yet.

Last edited by roadman; 04-27-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #80
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

I can't wait to see what info is included in the franchise blog. Hopefully something is mentioned along these lines. Assuming the scenario engine, and morale system features work as intended will CPU teams take factors such as personality and morale in to account when determining trade value of a player?

It would be cool to see an Antonio Brown type situation happen every now and then. Where a star player becomes upset and a disruption to their team and they get traded for only a 2nd or 3rd round pick because they are looked at as a cancer in the locker room.

I know in earlier posts that people were talking about they hope some of the other flaws of franchise mode are fixed like free agency and draft logic. I hope they are too, and maybe they just haven't mentioned any of the fixes yet because they wanted to mainly hype up new features in the initial info release. But this scenario engine if done well can add a ton of fun factor and replayability to franchise mode. We finally may get a franchise that feels like it's a living breathing league where no two franchises will feel exactly the same.

I get the cynicism and people being skeptical because of the track record of EA, I've had many similar thoughts. Let's just hope they can nail this new feature and smooth put some of the existing issues of franchise mode. Personally for myself I'm going to wait until after the game releases and I read about people's experiences with the new franchise features because if EA botches them they could be game breaking for the mode.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »