Home

Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 04-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #89
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Oh man, my statement has nothing to do with what you said now or in the past. I am just having a public yet personal convo with you. Lol me and you have been in this arena since long before I can remember. Lol Developers are paid on volume sales so I get it. Even if they were to create chocolate flavored poo, its gotta be marketed to be the greatest thing ever with new shiny back of the box propaganda. Its part of it and I get it. I am just saying I get how fans of the game feel in regards to Chris Young saying all this great news in Madden 20.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #90
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
As far as franchise mode, I agree, it's been bare bones, but as far as game play, nah, I will agree to disagree with you on that note. In user vs cpu, the game is playing good. I've heard the user vs user isn't so great.
User vs user is aweful this year, mainly because user coverage is incredibly overpowered because of the ballhawk feature. That combined with other exploits like another one of my favorite being when a user calls a run up the middle and immediately bounces it outside. It is very hard to stop because all of your CPU run defenders over commit to the play that is called. It doesn't bother me when they find a cut back lane if the hole isn't there, but when they instantly bounce it outside when the ball is handed off it's fruatrating. Franchise wise what kills user vs user franchises is how stat based the progression is. It just helps the rich get richer and you don't get the parody that you see in the actual NFL.

User vs CPU played better than it has in the past, but it still can get stale after a while. I'm hoping the addition of the new schemes and them expanding the playbooks will add to the variety of plays the CPU runs further differentiating teams. One thing I wish they'd do is figure out a way to make CPU QBs take more chances in coverage and tighter windows. Right now they almost always play it safe and dump the ball off underneath if the coverage downfield is tight or throw it away. This leads to the TE being almost over utilized many games. I want to see the CPU when there is a mismatch to throw the ball in to coverage downfield more often.

I really hope this scenario engine is done well because it will really add to the fun factor of franchise and make it so no 2 franchises you run feel the same. It also has the potential to remedy some of the issues that have been plaguing franchise like the free agency pool being pretty much the same every time. Hopefully this will cause stars to actually be traded every once in a while or hit free agency because they are unhappy with their current team and refuse to re-sign.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2019, 12:22 PM   #91
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Oh man, my statement has nothing to do with what you said now or in the past. I am just having a public yet personal convo with you. Lol me and you have been in this arena since long before I can remember. Lol Developers are paid on volume sales so I get it. Even if they were to create chocolate flavored poo, it’s gotta be marketed to be the greatest thing ever with “new shiny back of the box” propaganda. It’s part of it and I get it. I am just saying I get how fans of the game feel in regards to Chris Young saying all this great news in Madden ‘20.
No problem, I get the skepticism because of past history, but let's let the information flow first and then people can start jumping on the bandwagon again(lol) or constructively criticize. At this point, there isn't anything to criticize 20 on, yet.

And I hope you meant Mike Young, instead of Chris Young. Us old fogeys are allowed to have senior moments. lol j/k And my point still stands, whether you hear it from Mike Young or Chris Young, you should be able to tune in or tune out the excitement/hype at your own discretion based on the past.

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2019, 12:33 PM   #92
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
No problem, I get the skepticism because of past history, but let's let the information flow first and then people can start jumping on the bandwagon again(lol) or constructively criticize. At this point, there isn't anything to criticize 20 on, yet.

And I hope you meant Mike Young, instead of Chris Young. Us old fogeys are allowed to have senior moments. lol j/k And my point still stands, whether you hear it from Mike Young or Chris Young, you should be able to tune in or tune out the excitement/hype at your own discretion based on the past.
Yea that guy...SMH LMAO Been a long weekend full of my kids BJJ tourney in NY/NJ. I agree though. I am a sucker for optimism so I will of course buy it. The specific superstar traits reall have me intrigued. I just want the AI to game plan its ply calling around said Stars. Would like more coach creation options. So minor I know but as someone who plays as the coach, I get into that a bit.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:36 PM   #93
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Yea that guy...SMH LMAO Been a long weekend full of my kids BJJ tourney in NY/NJ. I agree though. I am a sucker for optimism so I will of course buy it. The specific superstar traits reall have me intrigued. I just want the AI to game plan its ply calling around said Stars. Would like more coach creation options. So minor I know but as someone who plays as the coach, I get into that a bit.
I used to be a coach mode player on PC a decade ago, but Madden doesn't have a true coach mode anymore(another hit on the wishlist) And AI playcalling could be better, I agree and don't start me on penalties and the lack of some of them.

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
Old 04-28-2019, 02:19 PM   #94
Pro

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

It be nice to have the ability to start a franchise mode in the offseason and have the actual CBA in with restricted free agents.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:53 PM   #95
Xbox One X

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

very cool!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XB1X: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #96
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

The thing with history and getting burned, people kinda do that to themselves. For the most part EA has delivered on what they said they would. Yeah there is marketing hype involved, but they never misrepresented any feature or addition. People read the blog, then let their imagination take control and start asking questions like i wonder if this means... when the answer was obviously no. If the answer was yes it would have been mentioned in the blog.

Then they get the game only to discover the disappointment and blame EA for that. You will almost certainly see that this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »