Home

Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #97
MVP
 
MajorSupreme's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 1,424
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Recreating these scenarios required the creation of a personality system that gives the players some degree of agency. Team players like Julian Edelman may be more likely to take roster disruptions and drops in their usage rate in stride, but more volatile personalities may trigger crises that coaches/general managers need to resolve. Some of these may be gameplay based. If a talented receiver like Martavis Bryant is frozen out for three games, he may demand you get him the damn ball. If you don’t, maybe he demands a trade.
Taking a step back from the usual skepticism that is warranted with an addition like this, I am all for Madden finally (re)introducing a player morale/personality system in franchise mode. Something like this definitely contributes to the longevity and replayability of the mode (a la The Show, 2K). The past few Madden cycles I have not been able to enjoy more than a season or two into my franchises. This helps majorly if implemented decently and catered to with patches along the way.

Quote:
If you’re the type of GM who doesn’t like surprises, this may affect how you approach drafting. Maybe you’ll pass on a temperamental player with more potential upside just for the peace of mind knowing that your pick won’t lead a revolt against your leadership.
Potentially able to scout (and customize in custom draft classes) personality traits of the upcoming class? Would be pretty solid if possible.
MajorSupreme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #98
Once in a Lifetime Memory
 
Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 16,309
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Curious to see what else (if anything) is being added to franchise mode this year that they haven't alluded to yet.

What we've heard so far isn't enough to really make me happy (and might not be implemented correctly anyways), but it's enough to at least make me consider buying this game rather than skipping again.

Would love to play some virtual football again and this at least seems like somewhat of a step in the right direction.
__________________
NFL: Bills
NBA: Bucks/Wizards
MLB: Cubs
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Yeah...THAT Guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:34 PM   #99
Educated Fool
 
TecmoZack's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,059
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

If these features are implemented correctly into franchice I could totally get back into the mode.

This and with the Superstar/X-Facor making me fear a weekly matchup.

Man. Please be awesome. It really could be epic.
__________________
Dallas Sports - Hashtag
Xbox - OneLeggedSwish
TecmoZack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:13 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 14,205
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't hype Madden, people are capable of making their own decisions. I get it, but if I don't like something, I move on.

Just like The Show, I love baseball and baseball video games, but I'm not shelling out major dollars for another gaming system.


Oh lord.......you are doing your sports gaming life a gigantic disservice.

Roadman......come over across the valley and treat yourself to a sports game that replicates it’s sport like no other console sports game ever has.

Madden is a Yugo compared to The Show.....it’s not even close man.

Treat yourself to the closet thing to sports gaming bliss I have ever had.

And I have played them all dating back to 1981 brother.


Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 19
2017 Yankees YR3 ALDS vs Houston Astros
1989 Texas Rangers Season Replay (0-1)
Madden 20
Dolphins Year 2 (4-3)


Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #101
All Star
 
illwill10's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

I really hope they can incorporate the scenario engine into commentary. That would be big for me. My biggest issue with commentary in all sports franchise modes is that it mainly feels like an exhibition game. Besides stats and what week you are in, most sports game commentary in franchise feels the same as it is in play now. So if they can have commentary specific to the storylines, that would add a lot of depth to the mode. Where you won't feel like you are hearing the same commentary every game.

So I'm looking forward to Thursday
illwill10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #102
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I really hope they can incorporate the scenario engine into commentary. That would be big for me. My biggest issue with commentary in all sports franchise modes is that it mainly feels like an exhibition game. Besides stats and what week you are in, most sports game commentary in franchise feels the same as it is in play now. So if they can have commentary specific to the storylines, that would add a lot of depth to the mode. Where you won't feel like you are hearing the same commentary every game.



So I'm looking forward to Thursday


This would definitely be huge and based on their commentary direction the past few years (Gaudin and Davis), and their commitment to updating it during the year, I would hope they thought of this in tandem with the scenario engine. And, theoretically, it shouldn’t be that difficult. The scenario engine would indicate that player X is disgruntled and wants more passes, the commentary can use that info and generate, ‘u know, Charles, there’s been rumors that player X wants to be involved in the offense a bit more. He’s only caught a few passes that past few games. We’ll see if his QB is going to target him more.’

And, they can add on later if he does make several catches, scores TD(s), or breaks 100 yards. There’s so much opportunity there for the commentary to pick up on, so hopefully they are implementing that.

What they probably still won’t do (and, please, madden, feel free to surprise me, lol), is mention something over the course of the offseason if a trade was ‘forced’ by a player. Let’s say my falcons trade Julio (this would NEVER happen irl, mind u, lol) to the Saints over the offseason because of some dispute that occurs from the scenario engine. I would hope to hear something like, ‘u know. Julio just wasn’t happy in Atlanta. He wanted a change of venue. And, he got it. To one of their main rivals, too. We’ll look to see how well he plays today against his former squad.’

Hearing any commentary about ‘former squads’ would be HUGE for immersion, so it’ll be interesting to see if they try this.

And, just thinking about a former player being moved to a rival team, there should be a ‘revenge’ superstar trait. Lol. That player should get a huge boost when playing his former team. Not sure if ea could implement that as it wouldn’t be player specific, maybe, but that would be an interesting thing to add to the scenario engine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:24 PM   #103
Pro
 
Shosum13's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Oh lord.......you are doing your sports gaming life a gigantic disservice.

Roadman......come over across the valley and treat yourself to a sports game that replicates it’s sport like no other console sports game ever has.

Madden is a Yugo compared to The Show.....it’s not even close man.

Treat yourself to the closet thing to sports gaming bliss I have ever had.

And I have played them all dating back to 1981 brother.


Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
I second this notion, I was always strictly an xbox guy until the MLB 2k series went away. Then I got a used ps3 for the show because I didn't want to shell out for a PS4. Bought a ps4 with some rewards gift cards I got last year.

You will not be disappointed with the show if you are a baseball fan. I know the franchise mode hasn't really been touched in a while and could use some updates, but the on the field gameplay makes it well worth it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Shosum13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:57 PM   #104
All Star
 
illwill10's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
This would definitely be huge and based on their commentary direction the past few years (Gaudin and Davis), and their commitment to updating it during the year, I would hope they thought of this in tandem with the scenario engine. And, theoretically, it shouldn’t be that difficult. The scenario engine would indicate that player X is disgruntled and wants more passes, the commentary can use that info and generate, ‘u know, Charles, there’s been rumors that player X wants to be involved in the offense a bit more. He’s only caught a few passes that past few games. We’ll see if his QB is going to target him more.’

And, they can add on later if he does make several catches, scores TD(s), or breaks 100 yards. There’s so much opportunity there for the commentary to pick up on, so hopefully they are implementing that.

What they probably still won’t do (and, please, madden, feel free to surprise me, lol), is mention something over the course of the offseason if a trade was ‘forced’ by a player. Let’s say my falcons trade Julio (this would NEVER happen irl, mind u, lol) to the Saints over the offseason because of some dispute that occurs from the scenario engine. I would hope to hear something like, ‘u know. Julio just wasn’t happy in Atlanta. He wanted a change of venue. And, he got it. To one of their main rivals, too. We’ll look to see how well he plays today against his former squad.’

Hearing any commentary about ‘former squads’ would be HUGE for immersion, so it’ll be interesting to see if they try this.

And, just thinking about a former player being moved to a rival team, there should be a ‘revenge’ superstar trait. Lol. That player should get a huge boost when playing his former team. Not sure if ea could implement that as it wouldn’t be player specific, maybe, but that would be an interesting thing to add to the scenario engine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. They bring in Gaudin and Davis to add more commentary throughout the year. So I could see them adding more commentary with regards to the scenario engine.

I want to hear and see different storylines during games. Like the Big Ben story drafting a QB last year. I want to hear the commentators talk about how he is upset that they used a first round pick on a QB instead of a player that can help them now. Where If I play the Giants during the season, I want them to mention how they drafted the heir apparent to Eli.

I think it is almost necessary. Problem with Madden and other games is that the commentary is geared towards to key players on specific teams. So after year one or with player movement, commentary either doesnt fit the team as it is currently or commentary gets very generic. So if they can have commentary specific to scenarios mixed in with current commentary, that would mske commentary fresh after year one.
illwill10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Top -