Home

Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 04-26-2019, 09:58 AM   #41
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

We'll see. After reading the article, I'm left with a sense of "that's nice if it works." But if scouting and drafting are the same as last year, I'll be disappointed. If my team goes 15-1 and my star WR demands a trade for no noticeable reason other than this Scenario "engine" made it up, I'm going to be agitated.

I hate the Scheme Fit system. It's garbage. The fact that they're tuning it down to be less impactful tells me they know it's garbage but can't just rip it out immediately. Thus, they're just going to neuter it.

If Von Miller isn't blowing up a 68 OVR lineman 1 on 1 every single play, I will question this new ability stuff meant to make stars shine.

All of that sounds nice. But IMO, it feels like marketing material. Here we go again with a buzz word name: "Scenario Engine." That is 100% the marketing department making that name so they can sell franchise mode to us. Are they going to fix contracts? Are they going to improve the draft experience? Are we getting coordinators? I'll wait and see.

I've been here before, getting promises of new amazing franchise mode additions. I like that they're actually talking about franchise mode, but I'll wait and see before I freak out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2019, 10:41 AM   #42
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Just sounds like more things to be broken. With all the patches they roll out through the year now, I still will not purchase until later if getting good feedback still after patches. Tiburon has lost my day 1 purchase after the last few years of neglect. Not going to trust just with marketing hype.

Their past shows this will most likely be the case, but they did say that the game is playable earlier then ever and they've been addressing bugs along the way instead of waiting until the last minute to address them like they've done in the past. I think that's very encouraging and gives me at least a little bit of hope that they won't ship a totally buggy product this year
Old 04-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #43
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
We'll see. After reading the article, I'm left with a sense of "that's nice if it works." But if scouting and drafting are the same as last year, I'll be disappointed. If my team goes 15-1 and my star WR demands a trade for no noticeable reason other than this Scenario "engine" made it up, I'm going to be agitated.

I hate the Scheme Fit system. It's garbage. The fact that they're tuning it down to be less impactful tells me they know it's garbage but can't just rip it out immediately. Thus, they're just going to neuter it.

If Von Miller isn't blowing up a 68 OVR lineman 1 on 1 every single play, I will question this new ability stuff meant to make stars shine.

All of that sounds nice. But IMO, it feels like marketing material. Here we go again with a buzz word name: "Scenario Engine." That is 100% the marketing department making that name so they can sell franchise mode to us. Are they going to fix contracts? Are they going to improve the draft experience? Are we getting coordinators? I'll wait and see.

I've been here before, getting promises of new amazing franchise mode additions. I like that they're actually talking about franchise mode, but I'll wait and see before I freak out.
100% exactly . Its almost like people forget real quick how EA does things when they do ,do them. I predict your scenario about your WR will be something that happens way more in game than it ever does in real life. And its gonna be annoying many many people when it does.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 04-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #44
Banned

michdb8's Arena

until they fix the free agency logic (like bell to rams with gurley on same team) free agency should be days like 2k or the show, not an unrealistic phase, a better scouting system where scout matter and with college stats and new draft cpu logic, otherwise this game is unplayable in long term
Old 04-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #45
Rookie

Yeah... but as long as ratings do not matter, none of these other things matter. What's the point in searching for the WR that fits my scheme if the AI MLB, no matter what his rating is, can cover the entire middle of the field?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #46
All Star

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

It seems like the Scenario Engine is going to make or break Franchise for people this year. I really need to see it in action. It seems like you will get notifications a la The One. Luckily we don't have to wait that long.

Sucks that it seems like another year with no coordinators. Hopefully they cleanup the Franchise menus and make it less scattered. If they can clean up some legacy issues and improve AI decision making, it will be a start
Old 04-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #47
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Finally looks like players will have some personality in Franchise. They hinted at a morale like system as well. Also great to have the Pro Bowl back in the game finally. Mike Young is doing a great job as the new creative director.
Charlotte Hornets

2019 Prediction:
Josh Allen will be the 2019 NFL MVP
Old 04-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #48
Rookie

Cory Levy's Arena

The topic title confuses me, in all honesty. This doesn't sound like a re-commitment to Franchise and I don't know how you can say that without seeing how the game shapes up over the course of the next several years. Don't get me wrong I am all for this 'Scenario Engine' that will hopefully bring character and differentiation to individual Franchise but that sounds like an icing on the cake feature.

A re-commitment to Franchise is a in-depth coaching staff/coordinators, more in depth injury and fatigue systems, better, deeper contract workings, Restricted/Tendered Free Agents, picking up contract options, more in depth player placement for every situation, Training Camp, Training Camp Battles, the Combine, a deeper Team Creation mode, the ability to expand the league, the ability to control the league however we want in the simplest of ways and so on and so forth.

Football is the only sport I really follow but I've just recently been watching videos of NBA 2k19 and the plethora of things to do/control in their Franchise mode has me so damn green with envy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »