Home

Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
The topic title confuses me, in all honesty. This doesn't sound like a re-commitment to Franchise and I don't know how you can say that without seeing how the game shapes up over the course of the next several years.
I went with that headline because they brought in new franchise heads from the community to help improve the mode, and Mike Young also told me that they intend to have franchise mode be a focus moving beyond this year.

How these changes play out and whether they make the right call remains to be seen, but hearing them try something ambitious (and more akin to the excellent work Visual Concepts does with NBA 2K) instead of tweaking pre-existing features is a positive direction for them to explore. Now it comes down to execution...
Old 04-26-2019, 12:34 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

A lot of hot takes and opinions before the blogs are up next week. I'll keep my hot takes in my signature as a friendly reminder.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbertz
I went with that headline because they brought in new franchise heads from the community to help improve the mode, and Mike Young also told me that they intend to have franchise mode be a focus moving beyond this year.

How these changes play out and whether they make the right call remains to be seen, but hearing them try something ambitious (and more akin to the excellent work Visual Concepts does with NBA 2K) instead of tweaking pre-existing features is a positive direction for them to explore. Now it comes down to execution...

Do we have access to the community people for Q and A? I'd love to talk about their ideas related to scouting, contracts, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2019, 01:47 PM   #52
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Talking Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A lot of hot takes and opinions before the blogs are up next week. I'll keep my hot takes in my signature as a friendly reminder.
THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR RATIONAL THOUGHT!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2019, 01:47 PM   #53
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
until they fix the free agency logic (like bell to rams with gurley on same team) free agency should be days like 2k or the show, not an unrealistic phase, a better scouting system where scout matter and with college stats and new draft cpu logic, otherwise this game is unplayable in long term
Yes this is one of the biggest things for me is the FA logic, it really can kill a solo franchise when a move like the above happens where the Rams sign Bell. I know it's a video game so it's never going to be perfect but come on in what kind of logic does that make sense at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It seems like the Scenario Engine is going to make or break Franchise for people this year. I really need to see it in action. It seems like you will get notifications a la The One. Luckily we don't have to wait that long.

Sucks that it seems like another year with no coordinators. Hopefully they cleanup the Franchise menus and make it less scattered. If they can clean up some legacy issues and improve AI decision making, it will be a start
This is my same worry with the scenario engine as well, I want to see some simmed test franchises when people get their hands on the game to see it in action. I just hope the big league changing scenarios like a star player demanding a trade are rare occurrences. If executed right though this feature could finally give franchise mode the life it needs by adding some unpredicabillity to it. Right now if you run multiple franchises they all feel really similar.

I hope that they still have a few more surprises up their sleeves when the franchise blog comes out, the main one I hope they announce coordinators.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #54
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Madden has been "just" another game for me after being a staple of my gaming library forever. I havent bought it at launch in 3 or 4 years. I dont even visit this forum anymore as I dont play nor really care for the game (or the perpetual back and forth...). This isn't much, but they have my attention. I am now excited to see what they come with now after not giving a damn about the game in a while.

*After reading the article again, I'm full on excited. I'm going to preorder the game whenever they release the franchise blog. I'm a realist, I know it'll probably be buggy or unbalanced. It might even be underwhelming (last year was). But I like them acknowledging franchise mode and at least trying to do something with it. I'll do my small part in the way that matters and speak with my wallet.*

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Why preorder when you can just walk in the store and buy it day 1?

Also im a skeptic as these games havent been good out of the box so im going to wait to see others opinions of it for a month at least. I never buy it every year and i have 2019 so we'll see if it is enough to warrant it.

It didnt say anything about the scouting or draft that was mentioned at the beginning.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 04-26-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #55
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

Between this and the interesting Career Mode: QB 1, Madden 20 is going to the first day 1 buy for me in at least 4 cycles. Very encouraged!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2019, 02:09 PM   #56
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Blogs are already out next week?? I love that they aren't waiting till late July to release this stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »