Home

Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 04-26-2019, 02:25 PM   #57
Rookie

ESPOMAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Curious to see how this works. Madden needs a good franchise mode again finally.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyFan25
Blogs are already out next week?? I love that they aren't waiting till late July to release this stuff.
If they are releasing info this early it's either a new marketing technique or they are super confident that they have got some great stuff coming.

Crossing fingers on this one.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #59
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Why preorder when you can just walk in the store and buy it day 1?

Also im a skeptic as these games havent been good out of teh box so im going to wait to see others options of it for a month at least. I never buy it every year and i have 2019 so well see if it is enough to warrant it.

It didnt say anything about the scouting of draft that was mentioned at the beginning.
I'm pretty much all digital now. I havent bought a new game out of a store since NBA2k15. I get what you're saying, though.

But for me it's just my way of sending a message. I doubt it makes a difference, but I feel it's more substantive than just talking. People complain about the games catering to the MUT and competitive crowd, those cats pour money into these games on top of the purchase. I couldn't care any less about MUT or MyTeam or studs, or any of that stuff. I'm an old school franchise type. Plain and simple. If you invest resources (I'm not talking about junk like Sim the Moments or whatever they called it) into the mode I enjoy, I'm happy to support with a preorder. Im the same with NBA 2K. I'm not naive, I know Maddens track record.

I dont have any major gameplay gripes. I do want to see more "signature" stuff and player differences. It looks like they are trying to tackle those too. M19s gameplay was not good to me with that RPM stuff. The game just felt stiff. And the dark stadiums killed it for me. I really enjoyed M18 and M17 gameplay, though. My problem with Madden has been the sterile and uninspired franchise. Fix that and I'll be back onboard. Again, I'm a realist and I know it won't be perfect. The game may very well be underwhelming again. At this juncture though this is good news to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-26-2019, 03:11 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

I must admit, I'm pleased that the deveolpers are even willing to just look at Franchise Mode again. Now, I know that this isn't going to be an instant 180 turnaround, but as they say:

"The first steps to finding a solution is acknowledging that you have a problem".

Onwards to the news:

1) Scenario Engine:
This is quite interesting, and I can see the potential of it keeping things immersive and preventing them from getting stale. However, like a few of you already mentioned, this can become terribly unappealing if it just randomly generates stories/issues around your league with no real indicators prior to justify the scenario in question.

- I don't wish to see that D-Lineman causing Locker Room Turbulence because he didn't get a sack or only got 1 Tackle - yet his team won the game.

Another thing I didn't like regarding the article was this:

If a young player has a good game, you may trigger a “breakout player scenario” that issues a specific goal for the next game. If you meet it, then the player could earn a dev trait increase mid-season, jumping his trait status from normal to star.

IMO this will only encourage "stat-padding" - a recurring problem that ties into the awful XP system.

2) 70 New Abilities:
This surprised me. That is a generous addition. I just hope the majority of these abilities are moreso like "Traits/Tendencies" that give players personality - rather than just give them raw preformance boosts on top of their attributes.

*** DeuceDouglas had a brilliant write up on this.

Again, nice news to hear, but come Day 1, I'll be on the fence watching before I decide to make a purchase.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:17 PM   #61
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

I know as much as anyone that Franchise has a laundry list of issues, but if this Scenario Engine hits, it will at least make the mode more exciting to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2019, 03:24 PM   #62
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyFan25
Blogs are already out next week?? I love that they aren't waiting till late July to release this stuff.

Clint said the blog for gameplay would be out later next month, which would theoretically go along with the 5/23 Gameplay info release date. I would love to see a Franchise blog Thursday, that would be extremely early in the cycle compared to the past but for those with EA Access they will be playing the full game in late July. That wouldn’t make much sense to do a full reveal in June with it being released this early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 04-26-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #63
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

The scheme stuff needs to disappear. It will never work the way EA envisions it.

Quote:
The same goes for the other side of the ball. If EA Tiburon succeeds in its goals with this new system, you won’t be able to simply ignore studs like Khalil Mack or Aaron Donald anymore.
The downside of this, if it works, is that we need far more control of strategic decisions. If guys like Mack and Donald are now as good as they should be and we still don't have the option to double-team them all game long then we are screwed. Not to mention the infuriating results when you stick a TE on one side in an attempt to help/double and it winds up being your TE blocking 1 on 1 instead of the better LT. There must be a way to assign double team blocks or to double stud WRs.

If I'm forced to leave my 72 overall LT in 1v1 all game--or even worse, just one TE--against a new potentially overpowered edge rusher then I don't know if I'll be able to play the game.

Quote:
The Scenario Engine is flexible enough to incorporate more variables as Tiburon sees fit. “One thing we're really excited about is planning to add content throughout the year,” Young says. “This will be the first time we've ever done updates to franchise throughout the season.”
This sounds like it'll be bare-bones at launch but hopefully the improvements will be significant throughout the year.

Quote:
This could change with the addition of superstar skills and X-Factor players, which we explore in great depth with this feature. This new pool of more than 70 new abilities isn’t meant to make Madden play like NFL Hitz, but rather accentuate the unique capabilities of the league’s star players. Patrick Mahomes now has unique animations that let him escape the pocket more quickly than his counterparts, as well as new abilities that raise his accuracy throwing on the run and across his body. Tom Brady can diagnose the defense quickly and find the first open target much faster than other quarterbacks. Ben Roethlisberger has a deadly pump-fake that can disrupt your coverages and spring his receivers open.
This is a step in the direction of badges in 2K. Different badges should unlock different animations and abilities that no other players on the field have. I doubt we'll see it in great depth yet but Mahomes, and I imagine only a handful of others, having unique animations is a start.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 04-26-2019, 04:14 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A lot of hot takes and opinions before the blogs are up next week. I'll keep my hot takes in my signature as a friendly reminder.
Ive decided for M20, I’m just going to PM folks about M20 this year and communicate/discuss that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »