Home

Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 04-26-2019, 04:43 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The scheme stuff needs to disappear. It will never work the way EA envisions it.

The downside of this, if it works, is that we need far more control of strategic decisions. If guys like Mack and Donald are now as good as they should be and we still don't have the option to double-team them all game long then we are screwed. Not to mention the infuriating results when you stick a TE on one side in an attempt to help/double and it winds up being your TE blocking 1 on 1 instead of the better LT. There must be a way to assign double team blocks or to double stud WRs.

If I'm forced to leave my 72 overall LT in 1v1 all game--or even worse, just one TE--against a new potentially overpowered edge rusher then I don't know if I'll be able to play the game.
I was thinking the same thing. They are going to have to tune it appropriately and/or allow for many MANY more strategic options. If they do it right it will be a true game changer. If they don't then it will probably break the game for 2020.

I hope that EA has a hold on how to add all of this stuff to the game while making it accessable to casuals through other modes or options. I'm no casual, but I know that overall a lot of things wrong with the game are there becuase it has to be playable to casual fans.

Players like us who will understand that they need to call for the double team, run specific coverages, and other adjustments are going to be fine with doing so. But if a causual can't pick up and play without having to know how to strategically call plays, it's going to be rouch on them and EA will dumb down the feature so they can keep up. That's the fear here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2019, 05:02 PM   #66
Educated Fool

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
"Patrick Mahomes now has unique animations that let him escape the pocket more quickly than his counterparts, as well as new abilities that raise his accuracy throwing on the run and across his body. Tom Brady can diagnose the defense quickly and find the first open target much faster than other quarterbacks. Ben Roethlisberger has a deadly pump-fake that can disrupt your coverages and spring his receivers open."

I like their goal of making the CPU AI play more like their real-life counterparts. That would be huge if it worked.

This is what I have wanted the last few years bad. Hope it is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-26-2019, 06:44 PM   #67
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86

If Von Miller isn't blowing up a 68 OVR lineman 1 on 1 every single play, .
Ultra realistic
Old 04-26-2019, 09:52 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
until they fix the free agency logic (like bell to rams with gurley on same team) free agency should be days like 2k or the show, not an unrealistic phase, a better scouting system where scout matter and with college stats and new draft cpu logic, otherwise this game is unplayable in long term
Made me smile having someone post this. This is what happend 9/10 times in my CFM. Bell signs with the Rams. Made me delete my CFM everytime.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:03 PM   #69
Banned

As someone who plays CFM and MuT which has gotten worse every year, and M19 was awful. You have to drop a grand or play 8hrs everyday to be no money spent. $100 gets you nothing in MuT as well.

I am a frachise guy back from Tecmo. I been forced into MuT because franchise is not playable in Madden.

You play CFM and contracts are broke. No good players ever hit FA. Every team resigns or tags there stars. No trades or good players on trade block. Even if you wanted to trade 4x 1st round picks no teams have any good players they would move. Draft is way to easy. I can nail stars in every round without even scouting. Add how stale and boring the gameplay is as well. Players all feel the same.

I welcome the scenario engine. Would be #1 thing to add on my list for CFM. But unless you fix contracts, FA, drafts, trades it means nothing in M20.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:18 PM   #70
Kings of the North

DaReal Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Ive decided for M20, I’m just going to PM folks about M20 this year and communicate/discuss that way.
Probably the best idea I've heard in awhile. It'll be toxic city in here in t-minus 3 months. I normally stick to the PC & slider threads & skip the OP.

Edit: The toxic nitpicking has already started...

Last edited by DaReal Milticket; 04-27-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:05 AM   #71
Rookie

I have mixed feelings about the info that's come out. On one hand, it's great to see them doing something to franchise and sharing info early. On the other hand, there's so many area's of the game that need addressed, it feels like another layer of lipstick (only with glitter this time).

Coaching staffs/carousel?
Pro days, visits, etc?
Improved contracts?
Revamped playbooks?
Vastly improved AI in all aspects of the game?
Improvements/upgrades to GM/Owners mode?
Customization/Improvements to relocation (uni's - mut has them-, team names, etc)?
Gutted/redesigned scouting?

So many features from past Maddens, NCAA14, HC09, NBA2k (customozation) that they can't seem to code into the game, but they can create a "scenario engine" and more "schemes".

I'm skeptical and numb to their fancy word play on so-called "features". I don't know. I guess the past few years have made me bitter.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2019, 02:07 AM   #72
Banned

Everything sounds good but none of it will work. Madden needs so much to be fixed that until you fix the more simple things none of these things can even work.

Like Brown going from Steelers to Raiders. You wouldn't know because Madden would never say anywhere Brown played for Steelers after he got traded, and they don't list who won last SB or anything.

You can't even offer contracts until the last year of a contract. Can't extend players.

I feel like EA spends more time on marketing and coming up with names for gimicks to get ppl excited then they do improving the game.

Ea spends most of the dev time on MuT. Not in a good way. They try to find ways to get you to spend money, then burn you and make you spend more.

I get everything is a business and Ea wants to make money. I beleive they would make allot more money with a good product then just trying to con everyone.

Last edited by PerfectD4rk; 04-27-2019 at 02:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »