Home

Madden 20's New Ability System Spotlights The League's Superstars (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on Madden 20's New Ability System Spotlights The League's Superstars (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 04-25-2019, 07:32 PM   #1
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden 20's New Ability System Spotlights The League's Superstars (Game Informer)

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/04...ues-superstars
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 07:41 PM   #2
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden 20's New Ability System Spotlights The League's Superstars (Game Informer)

I have all the trust in the world EA will be able to balance this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20's New Ability System Spotlights The League's Superstars (Game Informer)

Young says there's another reason for the new feature: How can the game go beyond ratings? "I think ratings are really good at the measurables," he says, "the combine type stats like speed, but for instance, Tom Brady has never been a great quarterback in Madden. What we've done is try to differentiate the quarterbacks and give them very unique things based on their archetype."

Something the OS community has been wanting for years with a push away from traditional ratings. Really encouraging addition.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I like the information presented in the article. Looking forward to trying the new features.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
All Star

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

This can be a big feature for gameplay. Ratings isn't not enough. As long as it isn't overpowered, it could make a big deal. There felt like there was no difference between two similar players. So hopefully this shows it. My hope is that it isn't OP. But at the same time, I want the CPU players with abilities actually perform those abilities
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 07:55 PM   #6
Pro

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

This kinda reminds me of the abilities from APF 2k8 a little bit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 04-25-2019, 07:56 PM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
This can be a big feature for gameplay. Ratings isn't not enough. As long as it isn't overpowered, it could make a big deal. There felt like there was no difference between two similar players. So hopefully this shows it. My hope is that it isn't OP. But at the same time, I want the CPU players with abilities actually perform those abilities

Totally agree. CPU not taking advantage of things available to the user has been an issue for while. I also hope they continue to build on this in the coming years and refine it throughout this season rather then scrapping it like they tend to do after a couple years.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:57 PM   #8
Agents of Shield Season 6

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The most important aspect of this IMO, is will there be enough animation variety to make these abilities play out realistically in game, instead of looking WWE-ish the way things like Hit Sticks often do.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »