Home

Madden NFL 20: Breaking Down the Franchise Mode Additions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20: Breaking Down the Franchise Mode Additions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2019, 09:41 AM   #9
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 20: Breaking Down the Franchise Mode Additions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Like the sound of the scenario engine, but I am a bit concerned about the implementation. Sounds like there are scripted stories with triggers as opposed to a framework that allows stories to create themselves. There is some danger in that.

Glad to hear they tried to fix some of the scheme for problems, but I still don’t like the feature. Rather than picking from a predefined scheme I would prefer the ability to build our own.

Lastly I am highly skeptical of the superstar ability feature. Don’t think I’ll like it. It seems like a trick to make up for subpar AI. Like hey we can’t figure out how to make players play like themselves so we’re just going to give them op abilities
We'll have to wait until the franchise blog this week to find out more but I don't think that they would be calling it the scenario engine if it was just scripted stories. Even with some kind of simulation engine driving this scenario they still probably need to program possible outcomes in to it. If done well this could really breathe life in to and greatly increase the fun factor of franchise.

I'm with you on the schemes though, the purpose of the franchise mode in sports video games is to build your team how you see fit. That should include the ability to customize your scheme at least to some extent.

To give players more individuality we need some kind if badge system and I think the superstar abilities are an attempt at that. With EA's track record I'm just worried about the gameplay balance when it comes with to these abilities.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #10
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

If it’s done right Superstar abilities and the scenario engine could be huge for franchise mode. I’m wondering if they left a few things out to reveal during the stream on Thursday or if this is it.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:08 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
If it’s done right Superstar abilities and the scenario engine could be huge for franchise mode. I’m wondering if they left a few things out to reveal during the stream on Thursday or if this is it.
Clint stated that is all they were willing to share on draft night, more to arrive once the blogs and streams are ready.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #12
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

All of this sounds so cool. Excited for more information on M20!

After picking up OOTP 20 I just want a more difficult experience on Madden, just like OOTP provides.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 04-29-2019, 12:48 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Huge fan of the scenario engine. Big fan of the idea of superstar abilities that bring about actual differences in players and teams more than ratings do. I play Out of the Park and not The Show anymore. A huge part of that is because of the stories created constantly in the world to make it feel alive. If Madden is able to bring that into the franchise mode along with players having personalities then that will be an incredible addition to the franchise mode and will help me overlook the other shortcomings I have with the current ratings, scouting, and development systems.

I'd love for Madden to keep taking things straight out of Out of the Park. Anyone who is a franchise nut owes it to themselves to at least look at what that game offers in terms of features, depth, and customization.

The dream additions to the franchise mode after what we've learned so far would be the ability for ratings to be tied to scouting reports only and never be 100% correct. My favorite way to play Out of the Park is to set it to where the scouting accuracy is low or very low. That's more realistic to me and what I'd love to see in Madden. I love knowing that my scout may see two players completely different than the scouts from another organization. I love knowing that it could make ore break my career trusting him and trading for a guy because he believes he'll develop into a star while the team he currently plays for has reports that suggest that his ceiling is being an above average player.

Give me that in Madden! It gets old knowing that every player and every individual in the draft pool is scouted the exact same for all 32 teams in Madden. That isn't realistic. The schemes system does make the teams value other players differently, but overall everyone still sees the player in nearly the same light and the development trait is known for all 32 which is crazy. Give me a system where teams all have varying scouting reports on all current and future players. Give me a system where their development isn't known and is an educated guess for you and the scouts based off of their work ethic, their personality, their age, their amount of raw skill, etc.

You get me a system like that combined with what they've announced so far and I'll nearly be in football heaven. All I'll need after that is an NCAA game with the same setup and depth along with college atmosphere and world.

― Plato
Old 04-29-2019, 01:07 PM   #14
Rookie

bears1387's Arena

OVR: 0
Can they just add a season mode like every other sports game?
For the rest of us that don't give a crap about the overhyped franchise changes, It would be nice if we could just pick a game off the schedule and play it each week without all the BS that comes with Franchise mode.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears1387
Can they just add a season mode like every other sports game?
For the rest of us that don't give a crap about the overhyped franchise changes, It would be nice if we could just pick a game off the schedule and play it each week without all the BS that comes with Franchise mode.

Is it really that much more to just play 1 season of franchise mode and be done?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2019, 05:48 PM   #16
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

OVR: 2
Here is my gamechanger, forgive the pun, , but gameplay fixes are more important than anything. Passing, running, defense are all subpar in any mode and need major fixes. These types of stories are for those few people that are only happy with those specific things.*

Would you go to a car dealership and buy a new car but the transmission slips and the engine isn't quite right?* Yet every year u keep trading in that new car for another on the promises of a better design and great radio and LED lights and yet everything else under the hood is subpar.?*

Please,spare me this drivel.* This is nothing but another car dealer using the same old tricks to get u to spend more money on the same thing but with new tires.*
As long as we keep going* down this path,it won't change. I'm going back to just reading the forums and renting day one. Saves me so much time and money. Not to mention saving on ibuprofen.*
The problem is not only them, it's us.*

Appreciate you guys letting me rant.*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »