Home

Need a new scoreboard this year

This is a discussion on Need a new scoreboard this year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2019, 11:14 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Need a new scoreboard this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I'd buy Madden just for Romo's commentary if they ever put him in. Get Nantz & Romo but also keep the current ones so we have options.

- Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis W/ EA Presentation

- Jim Nantz & Tony Romo with full CBS Presentation

Yep, but I'm sure very costly for the latter two.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:33 PM   #18
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I like Gaudin and Davis a lot. I get that it can get stale but these 2 are some of the best commentators Madden has had in terms of actual commentary product. I still don't think they're being used to their full potential.

Davis was brilliant to listen to during the NFL Draft.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-02-2019, 12:29 AM   #19
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I like Gaudin and Davis a lot. I get that it can get stale but these 2 are some of the best commentators Madden has had in terms of actual commentary product. I still don't think they're being used to their full potential.

Aside from liking the current pairing , I think the fact that they aren't huge names ( although Davis has had a increased role on nfl network with Mayock moving on ) in theory allows them to devote more time than say a Romo would be prepared to give to the role , and should result in a better product , although to be honest I've been a little disappointed in how this has been implemented so far it's still been a vast improvement over the Nantz/Simms era
( full disclosure : I loathed hearing Simms on real TV so that's not saying a lot )
Old 05-02-2019, 12:37 AM   #20
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Aside from liking the current pairing , I think the fact that they aren't huge names ( although Davis has had a increased role on nfl network with Mayock moving on ) in theory allows them to devote more time than say a Romo would be prepared to give to the role , and should result in a better product , although to be honest I've been a little disappointed in how this has been implemented so far it's still been a vast improvement over the Nantz/Simms era
( full disclosure : I loathed hearing Simms on real TV so that's not saying a lot )
I'm with you on Phil Simms.

Also, I believe the best things they can do with Gaudin and Davis is spend more time getting last names recorded for future franchise seasons and franchise-specific commentators.

As for the scorebug, if they're not going to change it, please add more stat graphics that are in line with what we see on Sundays or have some related to drafted players, statistics for QBs head to head, All-time stat references, "This day in NFL history".

We also need playoff specific banners, graphics, pre games, commentary, and crowd noise.

I'm such a presentation junkie and always feel let down in some way.

But, I do enjoy Madden.

--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-02-2019, 01:35 AM   #21
MVP

Some guy here on OS has a thread where he photoshopped a lot of new ideas for banners in Madden. Wish all that got in, I'd never complain again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #22
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87

I think they're awesome Charles Davis is brilliant. EA talked a lot about continually adding commentary with these two back when they started and I think they need to put more of an emphasis on that in more effective ways. They add lines of specific things that happened during the real season throughout the year but that does nothing for CFM or MUT which are the two biggest game modes.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I'm sorry I still don't get it .... seems like you're calling for change just for the sake of change , at the cost of what we all know are finite resources .
I would imagine the updating the font and shifting a few graphics around is one of the easiest things the developers have to deal with.

If I were a developer, and trying to avoid the common "Roster Update" criticism that sports games often get, the first thing I would do is make some quick updates to the menus and score bug. It at least gives a first impression that it is a new game.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:51 PM   #24
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

A new scoreboard is the first thing you can look at and be like "yeah this is a new game". They do need to update it.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »