Home

Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2019, 02:50 AM   #73
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jan 2005
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

I love how he’s a 73 OVR and has to hit certain OVR thresholds to unlock his talents/abilities.

Even greater is that various Throw Types (Hi-Low) look to have been expanded with an individual Accuracy component added to it.

Previously it was just an mechanic applied to User Stick functionality with no regard to the actual QB being controlled.

Also line how the Ability has its “counter” noted (hope all come like this)

Can’t wait to see what the other Abilities in the photo are for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DE07CBF6-AB27-49BF-9F09-27B280B22724.jpg (578.5 KB, 165 views)
khaliib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:03 AM   #74
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jan 2005
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

I’m actually ok with them using “Card Colors” as a mechanism of quick identifiers of the talent levels on your players.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3E957A55-C0C7-4EED-B585-752054B000B5.jpg (593.9 KB, 172 views)
khaliib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:29 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame
 
canes21's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Glad they are making a step towards more of a fog of war with ratings. Would really love to see them go all the way, with a toggle of course, for me and the other users who have voiced their opinions about it in this thread and other various platforms.


One of my absolute favorite parts about Out of the Park Baseball is that I am able to set it to where the CPU and myself don't see the actual ratings of a player, but their scouting report + stats at all levels of baseball. On top of that I have the option to make the scouts more or less accurate. I personally play with the scouting at one of the least two accurate options. This creates a fog of war for myself AND the CPU which is a huge deal. The CPU will make mistakes based off of scouting reports. Their scouts will overvalue duds, their scouts will undervalue potential stars. It isn't user only, it isn't CPU only. Both are at risk of their scouts being wrong.



What makes that system even better is you have the ability to make the CPU favor prospects or MLB ready players more or less. The current trend in real baseball is that prospects are very valuable. You are able to mimic that with the settings, but if you wanted to toy around and make veterans and MLB ready players high value then you have that option. It would be great if Madden were to give us those options. Give us the ability to also set the thresholds for how valuable the CPU will view draft picks.


The icing on the cake with Out of the Park is that you also have the ability to set up the weighting for how players are valued. You get 4 categories to apply a value to. They are the Scouting Report, Current Year Stats, Prior Year Stats, and 2 Years Ago Stats. If you want players to be valued solely off of their ratings then you can. If you want players to be valued off of their production only then you can. Madden had this in a way with the production ratings years back. If you ran around the league with a 75 overall player it used to boost their OVR to make them more valuable for being a star production-wise. I wish they would have expanded on that and eventually gave us a system like what Out of the Park provides.


If Madden could just add these types of features to Franchise mode then it would immediately get more organic feeling than ever before. You combine this amount of depth with an AI that is finally given the ability to plan ahead, even years at a time, and builds a team with purpose then the game would rise towards the top of being the best sports game annually and potentially all time. The scenario engine is a potential first step towards giving us these types of organic features. The hiding of development rating is also a step towards that. I do wish they'd rid of the XP system, or give us the ability to hide the values completely, and move towards a more system, something Out of the Park also does, so that players can organically improve steadily, out of nowhere, not at all, etc. as well as regress in the same manners just like real life.



I am going to provide some pictures from Out of the Park so you get an idea of what they offer with the options I touched on above. If Madden can learn from Out of the Park and make their franchise mode rival that, but also have the on field gameplay and NFL license on top of it, then it really would be the top sports game annually instead of that going to 2k at the moment despite their best attempts at pushing their customer base away with their decisions surrounding VC and other areas.


Spoiler
__________________
My dry personality doesn't translate well through text.
canes21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #76
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I’m actually ok with them using “Card Colors” as a mechanism of quick identifiers of the talent levels on your players.

Really reminds me of the old card system from the PS2 days with the bronze, silver, and gold cards. Not sure how I feel about it. If they made the background the locker room or the coach's office or snapshots from the game I would like it a lot more than that awful blue. They have to change that.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #77
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Random thought, I'll be curious to see how contract requests for elite players go. If contract requests have always been based on OVR, and "average QB's" for example can be say a 80, then what does an elite QB ask for?

To me, this could be a really cool minor detail that can add to the franchise experience. If you have an elite QB asking for 30+ a year it'll do more to force users to consider the long term ramifications of elite player contracts. Could be kind of cool.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @T4Verts
Read my thoughts about Madden on my blog here
T4VERTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #78
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Does anyone else feel like Mike Young's comments to Game Informer are inconsistent/slightly misleading compared to what was shown in the stream and blog?

For example, this quote:

"[With Madden NFL 20] we want to bring to life the ability to have decisions that can impact your franchise based on how you handle personnel, morale, teammates, and employees. That just wasn't in Madden at all. It felt like a stats management game only.”"

Reading that, it implies that there is a morale system, employee management and likely coaching personnel. It doesn't sound like any of that is in the game. Just the scenario engine chucking in some controversy, likely at random.

He goes on to say:

“When we looked all year at storylines like Le'Veon Bell's holdout or Antonio Brown demanding a trade, we really didn't have anything in Madden right now to bring leadership and managing the locker room, and personalities, and cohesiveness that's needed on a football team either from a player perspective or a coaching perspective,”

First off, he mentions hold outs, which weren't even hinted at in the stream. He then goes back into this concept of personalities and leadership within a team. However it still sounds like having an aging vet on your team won't actually improve or change anything as there is no underlying morale or chemistry system that is impacted by it.

I have to admit I'm not feeling blown away by the information revealed and things like this just add to my frustration. Someone in Mike Young's position needs to be exact in the examples he gives. I really hope they can show us a deeper dive into the franchise specific features and that there is more to it.
secondsolution is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #79
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
Does anyone else feel like Mike Young's comments to Game Informer are inconsistent/slightly misleading compared to what was shown in the stream and blog?

For example, this quote:

"[With Madden NFL 20] we want to bring to life the ability to have decisions that can impact your franchise based on how you handle personnel, morale, teammates, and employees. That just wasn't in Madden at all. It felt like a stats management game only.”"

Reading that, it implies that there is a morale system, employee management and likely coaching personnel. It doesn't sound like any of that is in the game. Just the scenario engine chucking in some controversy, likely at random.

He goes on to say:

“When we looked all year at storylines like Le'Veon Bell's holdout or Antonio Brown demanding a trade, we really didn't have anything in Madden right now to bring leadership and managing the locker room, and personalities, and cohesiveness that's needed on a football team either from a player perspective or a coaching perspective,”

First off, he mentions hold outs, which weren't even hinted at in the stream. He then goes back into this concept of personalities and leadership within a team. However it still sounds like having an aging vet on your team won't actually improve or change anything as there is no underlying morale or chemistry system that is impacted by it.

I have to admit I'm not feeling blown away by the information revealed and things like this just add to my frustration. Someone in Mike Young's position needs to be exact in the examples he gives. I really hope they can show us a deeper dive into the franchise specific features and that there is more to it.
I believe the personality ratings will be used in a formula to trigger events based on other scenario based criteria. I am curious to get some more in depth information on scenarios, I am currently digging around a bit to see what I can find.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @T4Verts
Read my thoughts about Madden on my blog here
T4VERTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #80
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I believe the personality ratings will be used in a formula to trigger events based on other scenario based criteria. I am curious to get some more in depth information on scenarios, I am currently digging around a bit to see what I can find.
Thanks man, always appreciate and enjoy the information and coverage you provide in the lead up to Madden's release
secondsolution is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 PM.

Top -