Home

Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #105
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Wanted to get some opinions on something that I personally didn't like during the stream. How do you guys feel about the Scheme Fit XP bonus going from 50% down to 10%?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 09:11 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Wanted to get some opinions on something that I personally didn't like during the stream. How do you guys feel about the Scheme Fit XP bonus going from 50% down to 10%?

Seems like lowering it and not really doing anything the counterbalance that out is going to make schemes practically useless.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
The change they decided here is really disappointing. They should of launched this feature as a ratings bump and stayed away from XP gain.

Sometimes you see players play well and then go to another team as a big signing and can’t produce with their new team because they are overvalued outside certain schemes. Changing to a ratings bump would create a good representation of that.

If anyone has EA’s ear, it would be a real improvement if they can talk them off the ledge on this and hidden ratings and getting them to go all in with fog of war for this years game.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:31 PM   #108
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I was disappointed by it. I was hoping they would expand on the schemes and maybe add more of a penalty for playing guys that aren't a scheme fit. Now it just feels like something that is just there for show.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:37 PM   #109
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. I remember u fools!!!

I remember the good old days in 2004 playing 2k5 and arguing with absolute maddenheads about how much better 2k5 was. They absolutely would NOT hear it!!! Lol.

Nice to hear u can look back in history and admit your mistakes.

Strangely enough, I defend the current madden more now that I would’ve thought. I still hate the legacy issues, but honestly, 13, and 16-19 have been really enjoyable to play. But, I think, mentally, u have to let go, some, of the ‘video game issues’ with the game and simply ‘play football’. I started doing that with 16, and I think that may be why I enjoy the game today. We can always complain about the AI and lack of features and legacy gameplay concerns. But, for me, 19 plays leaps and bounds above madden 05 or 06 (considered the golden age of madden by some).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was an absolute fool. I never even played it(still haven't),but dismissed it.

Now when I watch videos of the 2k5, it is better (except graphics) than a game made 15 years later. Imagine that.. 15 years later and it still leaves Madden in the dust. Same with AP2k8 or whatever it was called
Old 05-07-2019, 10:39 PM   #110
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'm fine with it, I dont think it should of been an XP boost to begin with. It should of been an on the field ratings boost or decrease. What scheme a guy plays in shouldn't have an affect on how he progresses but rather his on field performance. A guy that's a quick learner will pick up and learn a new scheme quickly. If it it would have been a ratings boost this would of been closer to replicating the system players that play well in certain schemes but struggle in others.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2019, 10:40 PM   #111
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
they shouild do the spread out ratings this way
99-92 elite
92-85 can do most everything well but for 1 reason or other is at that rating
84-79 solid starter
78-72 starter u can win with
71-67 great backup ok starter
66-62 raw
under 60 practice squad filler type
I'd prefer lower tbh. The greater gap the better.

90-99 elite
80-89 can do most everything well but for 1 reason or other is at that rating
70-79 solid starter
61-70 starter u can win with
51-60 great backup ok starter
40-50 raw
under 40 practice squad filler type
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »