Home

Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #25
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Reminds me of ultimate team and I HATE those menus lol.
Gotcha, I didn't even know they looked like that lol. I'm sure the surfer blue might get old. Maybe there is a way to mod lol

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Sounds like more goal oriented gimmicky fluff. You choose what goal you want to try and obtain when going up against a superstar instead of some coach strategy?

They want me to choose either no sacks or passing for 400 yards against JJ Watt instead of an option to double team or chip him?

More gimmicky slap you in the face arcade fluff instead of realism. How disappointing.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #27

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Definitely felt the stream was underwhelming. Hopefully there’s more to reveal regarding franchise as we move forward.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #28
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

It seems like they're trying to turn Franchise into MUT

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-02-2019, 07:58 PM   #29
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Compared to what was given to us last week, I think the word I would use to describe today is "underwhelming." Definitely still interested in the scenario engine, but man it really seems like that "recommitment" to franchise mode is coming up short.

U know what would’ve been nicer/better? If they gave like 5 specific scenarios they added/created, maybe. I think the underwhelming factor of this stream is more that they only showed screenshots and they didn’t really give much substance. Which, to be fair, they’re not going to show gameplay, yet, so they’re a little hamstrung.

They went into some detail about spreading ratings out and whatnot. And, as some have mentioned, I’m a little concerned that it may be too easy to upgrade players, now, or even more easy than current madden. But, with spread out ratings, this may just fall in line, properly. Won’t know until we play, lol.

The other underwhelming part may be superstar/x-factor abilities, and again, they’re going to do a separate stream on that as well.

So, I’m willing to give them a pass on this stream and what they were willing to show/share. Whenever any presentation is mostly ‘talk’ with no video, it’s always a little ‘meh’, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2019, 08:03 PM   #30
Rookie

TheFurizzlyBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
This is absolutely brutal. These guys on the stream have no energy like they have no desire to be here. zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Yeah they way I read all that was its 7pm on the east coast and they along with many other devs are still at work. I hope crunch hasn't started already for them
Old 05-02-2019, 08:03 PM   #31
MVP

They hinted to it so I’ll mention it. They did a TON of work on the draft generator. The idea was to try to create rookies in game similar to the ones we will see from real life. Things like the slow as a slug power backs that were unusable, or the super weak o linemen should now be fixed.

Another highlight of mine was the fog of war aspect on developments traits, however I wish they would haves jumped all the way in and disguised all of them instead of just the top 2. I’m going to keep working on them to fix that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #32
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
U know what would’ve been nicer/better? If they gave like 5 specific scenarios they added/created, maybe. I think the underwhelming factor of this stream is more that they only showed screenshots and they didn’t really give much substance. Which, to be fair, they’re not going to show gameplay, yet, so they’re a little hamstrung.

They went into some detail about spreading ratings out and whatnot. And, as some have mentioned, I’m a little concerned that it may be too easy to upgrade players, now, or even more easy than current madden. But, with spread out ratings, this may just fall in line, properly. Won’t know until we play, lol.

The other underwhelming part may be superstar/x-factor abilities, and again, they’re going to do a separate stream on that as well.

So, I’m willing to give them a pass on this stream and what they were willing to show/share. Whenever any presentation is mostly ‘talk’ with no video, it’s always a little ‘meh’, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can definitely understand that, and I do think just the format of the stream contributed to the underwhelming feeling. But I look at the Game Informer article and how well it piqued interest, and then I see that stream and it washed it away some of that intrigue for me. I'll still end up getting Madden, but I just feel shorted on franchise end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »