Home

More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #73
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Can you also start the press to hide certain ratings or only have ranges for players visible.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #74
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The main goal behind it right now is to just hide the players abilities. I think they wanted to test the waters before going in too deep but I can assure you they're constantly hearing and will continue to hear about it being expanded upon.
Am I misunderstanding something or are you saying that actual ratings will be hidden? I understood it as the development trait was hidden but you can still see all ratings
Old 05-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #75
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Am I misunderstanding something or are you saying that actual ratings will be hidden? I understood it as the development trait was hidden but you can still see all ratings
Ratings won't be hidden but SS and SS-X can both have 'Superstar abilities' but only SS-X players can get the Zone abilities which is what this will also be hiding. So you can draft a player and his DEV will be hidden but until you reach the time played threshold you won't know what his 'Superstar Abilities' are, if he has any, can earn Zone abilities, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
The scenario isn't triggered universally for all WR's at once in your example. It is related back to their specific personality rating then, I am sure to make it more random, ran through a dice roll. Just because AB wants a trade because he doesn't get the ball thrown his way enough over four weeks doesn't mean AJ Green would do the same thing in the same situations.

Any idea if the scenario engine affects cpu controlled teams? To use the A.B. example, seeing that he's likely not going to be sticking around may influence how I handle my own resignings at the end of the season. Maybe I choose to not resign an expensive, aging guy (or more than one) who has been productive because I want to go after Brown...and then if I miss out on Brown, I have to live with my mistake or try to re-sign my guys from free agency. If it affects the cpu, and we can see that it affects the cpu, it gives us something to strategize about in our own franchise.

If the scenario engine only applies to the user, then it's still kind of cool but also pretty hollow.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 05-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The main goal behind it right now is to just hide the players abilities. I think they wanted to test the waters before going in too deep but I can assure you they're constantly hearing and will continue to hear about it being expanded upon.
That is what I was told, it's taking the temperature of the room type thing. I am still pounding away for a franchise level toggle to turn it completely on or off at a commish level.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 1

I just had a thought...if it only affects user controlled teams, then setting up 32 team (user) franchise might be the workaround for it. I could still just control my favorite team, but the other "users" should still have visible scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 05-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #79
Pro

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Why isn't the scenario engine more in depth than text messages? That seems like a really silly way of doing this.

This isn't playing "street ball" like in The One in NBA Live. This is the NFL.

We need GMFB talking about this or Guadin and Davis discussing this in game. Or tweets and images on the news feed. Not little text prompts like a teenager who is angry that I didn't make macaroni for dinner.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-03-2019, 02:03 PM   #80
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
That is what I was told, it's taking the temperature of the room type thing. I am still pounding away for a franchise level toggle to turn it completely on or off at a commish level.
I'm 100% there with you; having toggles for this sort of thing is (quite frankly) the way to make everyone happy. The more we have, the happier we'll be.

I'm not expecting a full-scale Fog-of-War feature like NHL this year (because that also involved a very in-depth scouting function). But, just the ability to hide development traits for all draft picks (not just superstar guys) would be a fantastic beginning. It would certainly make preseason games more meaningful

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »